Late night areas?

Nick S

So this year at Glasto was probably one of the best weeks of my life. Mainly because of the awesome nightlife at the festival. But it occurred to me that i spent every single night between 11-6am either at the shangri-la, Block 9 or the common. I have a feeling i may have missed out on loads! So my question is, is there anywhere else to go and party through the night, or is it really just the south east corner? The site is so vast i'm thinking there must be some other busy areas?

• 2 weeks later...

I spent the Sunday night at Glasto Latino, wonderful there, not hectic like those 3 areas, but still sheer joy! Ricardo Lemvo & Makina Loca were playing some crazy African/Cuban rhythms, with suitably crazy dancing going on. Then DJs played similar party music. Anyone who hasn't given it a try definitely should in 2016. :)

Then there's a variety of different experiences to be had at the Rabbit Hole, the Green Fields, Stonebridge, Strummerville, the Stone Circle, among others.

On 11/13/2015 at 1:53 PM, Nick S said:

So this year at Glasto was probably one of the best weeks of my life. Mainly because of the awesome nightlife at the festival. But it occurred to me that i spent every single night between 11-6am either at the shangri-la, Block 9 or the common. I have a feeling i may have missed out on loads! So my question is, is there anywhere else to go and party through the night, or is it really just the south east corner? The site is so vast i'm thinking there must be some other busy areas?

Block 9 is definitely the best of the late night areas for tech but The Common had some great artists on this year. Away from SE corner along with what others have mentioned like Arcadia and Sliver Hayes, there is also the Beat Hotel which is a great standalone venue always has huge names on throughout the weekend.

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 10:31 AM, Pbird81 said:

It sounds like quite a lot of chilled out stuff happens in the greenfield late on - is that right? Am tempted to check some of that out this year (if I haven't imagined it).

I'd be up for finding some more chilled out non-dancey electronic music after the main stages close this year - any ideas where this sort of thing can be found?

On 12/4/2015 at 10:31 AM, Pbird81 said:

It sounds like quite a lot of chilled out stuff happens in the greenfield late on - is that right? Am tempted to check some of that out this year (if I haven't imagined it).

Went there this year on the last night when I couldn't be bothered to try get around shangri la.

Was interesting to say the least, enjoyed it though. Definitely gonna go back next year.

On 11/12/2015 at 7:40 PM, Slugworth said:

Block 9 for me too. I find the others either too busy or a bit grimey. NYC downlow is somewhere I want to try next year. I managed to squeeze into the The Commons paint fight this year which was good fun.

NYC Downlow is the best place to be at night in my opinion. So vibrant and fab.

On 04/12/2015 at 10:31 AM, Pbird81 said:

Haha you would think. I met some people there this year, around 2am Saturday, and found a tiny playing what i guess is gypsy music. There were people rolling around all over the shop. I was in the 'SE corner frame of mind' so made my excuses and ran as fast as i could.