Slam Dunk 2016

justanothername

Been officially announced today and it is the 10th anniversary so big things hopefully.

Brand New, A Day To Remember or Jimmy Eat World headline but I'm doubtful of any of them doing it though

Would love to see a few of Captain We're Sinking, Joyce Manor, Converge, Refused, Title Fight, The Story So Far, Four Year Strong,  Modern Baseball, La Dispute, The Front Bottoms, Gnarwolves, letlive, PUP, The Smith Street Band, Defeater, Every Time I Die, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Giants, Set Your Goals and The Get Up Kids. Also if we're going to have acts from last year I'd have The Wonder Years, Neck Deep, Knuckle Puck and Heck please. 

Edited by justanothername

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think A day to remember have a better chance than anyone of headlining. Their a similar size to You me at six and they're actually a pop punk band unlike Bring me the horizon. As much as I'd love to see Sum 41 headline/(subheadline?) they're doing the kerrang tour in February so I don't see them there. Weezer would also be amazing, but unfortunately too many kids at the festival and most of them don't appreciate good bands like Weezer.

7 hours ago, huntyyy said:

I've been coming around to the idea of Bring Me the Horizon headlining recently. 

Moose blood will play on the main stage too.

I'd have thought they were too big personally but hey if you're saying they could play I'd be down for that. 

6 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Weeeezzzeeeeerrrrr . Please 

Thought about adding them to who I want to headline but I don't think they fit, but anyway I'd be extremely happy if they got Weezer

14 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

Think A day to remember have a better chance than anyone of headlining. Their a similar size to You me at six and they're actually a pop punk band unlike Bring me the horizon. As much as I'd love to see Sum 41 headline/(subheadline?) they're doing the kerrang tour in February so I don't see them there. Weezer would also be amazing, but unfortunately too many kids at the festival and most of them don't appreciate good bands like Weezer.

I just think ADTR are a bit too big. The thinking I got with YM@6 is that they have a history with the festival so that is why they were willing to do while ADTR don't (I don't think they have ever played). Also if you get the opportunity to have BMTH headline you're not going to say no because they're not Pop Punk :P 

Interesting they're saying Midlands even though Wolves Civic closes next month for remodelling in what is saying could take 18 months.

That being said I remember when it was last remodelled in 2000 and it didn't take all that long. 

The last gig in the old Civic I was at, May 2000 and it was Muse supported by Coldplay and it was £8.

The last gig this time around is Neds Atomic Dustbin and its £25. 

So wonder if this will still take place in Wolves and use the surrounding area or move elsewhere like Birmingham. Really hope it remains in Wolves.

On 11/13/2015, 8:58:05, justanothername said:

I'd have thought they were too big personally but hey if you're saying they could play I'd be down for that. 

If they go for a festival next year of a similar size to this year, Bring Me The Horizon would be a good sized band to headline and would help expand the festival going forwards. At £40 a ticket BMTH could sell it reasonably well just by themselves. I think that they've had the opportunity to book them and taken it, otherwise they would have been playing second fiddle to Iron Maiden or Sabbath at Download. They won't be at Reading and Leeds and they Have to be playing somewhere next summer.

Wolves is the Bank Holiday Monday, 

Usually is seven stages, 3 inside the civic hall being the civic, the wulfrun and the civic bar

Then 4 open air stages outside although the 6th and 7th stage are barely stages. 

Thing is the Civic Bar is being destroyed and the Civic extended into it and this is happening next year, the civic closes next month. It will then be bigger than any venue in Birmingham at club level, they are adding more seating in balcony as well, and they adding a balcony to the Wulfrun also. 

I wonder if they will use the civic building [the council building] grounds to stage bands outdoor as that is all closed and used as part of the festival anyway but only for queuing to enter the site, they could use the old little civic I guess, its owned by Yates now however, the civic has the Slade Rooms but its quite far from the rest of the site. I saw Crossfaith got announced for Slade Rooms today, weird as its only 550-600 venue.

On 15/11/2015, 00:37:09, huntyyy said:

If they go for a festival next year of a similar size to this year, Bring Me The Horizon would be a good sized band to headline and would help expand the festival going forwards. At £40 a ticket BMTH could sell it reasonably well just by themselves. I think that they've had the opportunity to book them and taken it, otherwise they would have been playing second fiddle to Iron Maiden or Sabbath at Download. They won't be at Reading and Leeds and they Have to be playing somewhere next summer.

I reckon, but I just don't know about it still. Something seems off about it. Would a great booking though.

On 16/11/2015, 16:28:06, Luke Routledge said:

Might be a bit of a long shot but if they are sticking with the outdoor main stages Im hoping for some more big names. Would be the perfect place to see the new look Blink!

I'd say that is a long shot :P 

11 hours ago, foolee said:

Could see Panic! At The Disco or Good Charlotte making an appearance as both have new albums on the cards for 2016.

I'd rather not to be honest

5 hours ago, Dead throne said:

Hoping the headliners will be either ADTR or Architects.

See the line up for this year

Edited by justanothername