Festival Problems

Alban

Hello e-festivals community, I am a current final year product design student looking to design festival products. I am looking for any any problems that you have when you go to festivals, this could include anything from hygiene, camping, cooking etc... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

(Responses will be used in my final year project but personal information will not and this will be kept confidential) 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem I always have is trying to accurately the size of the crowd - I try to use Jacob's Method but the problem I have as I have poor spatial awareness is how many squares there actually are, without an aerial vantage point and how many people are in each one - the problem as I see it is that the density increases as you get nearer the pit.

My only method to better judge this is to stand at the back and then pace to the front - estimate the densities in each quadrant. But that involves having to walk through the whole crowd - which at times like when Florence was headlining the Pyramid can take some time.

Any solution would be appreciated thanks

I find it difficult to remember not to drink the spicy cider dregs once they have gone cold - any help with this would also be appreciated.

Actually, that's reminded me of a bigger issue - I find once I've drunk too much cider I want to carry on drinking cider and talking to those doing the same, my wife thinks this is a problem - any help you can give with that would definitely be appreciated.

Edited by 5co77ie

Hello e-festivals community, I am a current final year product design student looking to design festival products. I am looking for any any problems that you have when you go to festivals, this could include anything from hygiene, camping, cooking etc... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

(Responses will be used in my final year project but personal information will not and this will be kept confidential) 

Hello Alban. I've had a saggy ballsack for 2 years now. It's debilitating, but I've never let it get me down. Sometimes it gets so sweaty at the festival, I have to pull it up and tuck it over my entire penis. I look like an Action Man. But the thing is, the thing I never forget is, it that there's always hope. Hope that a product design student could design something that might help my affliction.

*Stirring coldplay music*

I'm crying with joy now. Not sadness. When I think of the power of hope. Of the power of dreams. And the way one man, one tiny, insignificant man with a saggy ballsack could - with the hope of prayer and the help of a product design student, with the hope of a glimmer of a chance...could change this old world we live in for the better.

Please pm me your phone number and let's get started.

I can't afford to go to Glastonbury or any other festival next year, can you lend me some money?  That would be a good solution to a problem - I'd quite like to go to Kendal Calling and Green Man too please. 

Finding shoes that cope both with mud and very hard ground from lots of people walking on it is still a challenge.  Gawd knows why, I just need to buy some boots that fit properly and have air cushioned soles.  Somehow I still fail at this.

Salomon Quest 4D II GTX - add gaitors if muddy - a decade now they've been terrific in all weathers

WHY DO PEOPLE IN SOCIAL GROUPS OVER 50 NOT LET OTHER FRIENDS JOIN IT IS HARD TO FIND FRIENDS WHERE ARE ALL SOCIAL GROUPS IN LONDON NO FRIENDS NO SOCIAL GROUPS OVER 59 LONDON FRIENDS NO FRIENDS FRIENDS NO SOCIAL GROUPS FRIENDS...

fond memories of this fella.

He was an angry little wasp wasn't he

Salomon Quest 4D II GTX - add gaitors if muddy - a decade now they've been terrific in all weathers

Sweet, cheers Scottie.  

I found a pair of boots that fit my feet like a glove for 2014.  Very high quality, very comfortable.  But no cushions - numb feet for the week after and it took about a year for one of my toes to recover.

Just need to find somewhere to try them on.

EDIT: They have them in Go Outdoors.  Perfect.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

We had a big problem last year you may be able to help with. The chap in the tent next door stole my wife's bra and she would quite like it back.

Can you help find him for us please (we have been told he may be found in chimneys around the 24th December)

12188825_10207984325634753_312525011_n.j

We had a big problem last year you may be able to help with. The chap in the tent next door stole my wife's bra and she would quite like it back.

Can you help find him for us please (we have been told he may be found in chimneys around the 24th December)

12188825_10207984325634753_312525011_n.j

Hey that's the same guy that stole my big orange sticker!

Hi Alban,

You'll have problems on this board, partly because you are a newbie.  Old hands on here reckon that if you're really into festivals you would have been on here a long time ago.  Old hands have also managed to resolve most of their festival needs over the years, partly by discussing issues with others, for example lots of posts here on footwear, food etc.

That said, to all the other posters taking the piss; design students have got to start somewhere and occasionally new ideas do come along.  Some work and some don't, for example Shepees and biodegradable tent pegs that shatter into dangerous shards that threaten to take your eye out.

I reckon in 40+ years of festival-going in tents, trailer tents and caravans I've found the answer to most of my festival going needs but if I can think of an issue I'll let you know.