Boomtown Festival 2016

5co77ie

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26 July 2016 at 9:58 PM, mathr22 said:

Going to boomtown for the first time... Just a few questions.

Entering from the north car park hoping to camp near dstrkt 5/lions den. Roughly how far is that walk? Any recommendations for somewhere to camp?

Whats the best time to arrive on the Thursday to get a reasonable camping spot?

Also, where is this said hill which everyone talks about (the one with the travelator)?

This might help you. (If link works) if not check out FBook page BT news flash-  video.

THE hill is between Mayfair and Chinatown one end then stairs between trenchermen and barrio local through the woods. 

BTN - finding your way around the city

NEWS FLASH - Find your way around the city and choose which district to live in for chapter 8 ....

Posted by Boomtown Fair on Tuesday, 26 July 2016

Edited by dumski

11 hours ago, bendent said:

Got my ticket, first time going, what's it like with drugs and that?

I'll be arriving also at 2pm, will I be missing anything arriving that late? Thank you.

Nah 2pm is fine, Thursday is very much a warm up and there's nothing like the full flow of stuff on - it tends to be mostly acts that will be on again later in the fair but just a few stages to mop people up. 

They're very strict getting in - searches and often dogs. There are ways apparently, but in the end all this creates an incredibly lucrative market inside so dealers still turn up with weed and all. Compared to how many drugs I get offered at other festivals it appears to have been a total home goal. Not that this should be taken as the place being threatening, the ones I chatted to about this were having a great time

A lot of good green initiatives this year. How does the £5 meal thing work though? Is it just one vendor per day or a variety each day? I always bring a load of snacky food anyway but buy at least one main meal a day so this is a good way of cutting cost.

8 hours ago, krisroe said:

A lot of good green initiatives this year. How does the £5 meal thing work though? Is it just one vendor per day or a variety each day? I always bring a load of snacky food anyway but buy at least one main meal a day so this is a good way of cutting cost.

Many if not all vendors have something one there stall which is priced at £5. It might be a veggie stir fry on the chinese stall or a basic burger for instance

It's pretty small and well linked, just as yer fella says there's a honking massive hill between downtown and uptown.

2v1926q.jpg

1440500225-3-atmosphere-caltristan-web-1

But really you can wander the entire thing in a couple of hours max, it's sheer density of stuff where Boomtown wins out

35 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

But really you can wander the entire thing in a couple of hours max, it's sheer density of stuff where Boomtown wins out

We wandered out on the Thursday last year to get the lay of the land. Six hours later we came back and had only looked at 3 districts. By the end of the weekend we still never reached the Psychedelic forest ... this year ..... this year ...

21 minutes ago, krisroe said:

We wandered out on the Thursday last year to get the lay of the land. Six hours later we came back and had only looked at 3 districts. By the end of the weekend we still never reached the Psychedelic forest ... this year ..... this year ...

haha :D yea it's an almost impossible exercise once it starts. be interesting to see what the final venue count is this year and do the sums again

On 01/08/2016 at 10:22 PM, Inb4this said:

May sound bad, but does The Meadow entrance have drugs dogs? I use small amounts of cannabis+CBD oil to help me and would be good to know in advance if worth the risk?

Well they will now after reading this! :D  (Sarcasm btw, but I don't know)

Edited by saw_gameover

On 01/08/2016 at 10:22 PM, Inb4this said:

May sound bad, but does The Meadow entrance have drugs dogs? I use small amounts of cannabis+CBD oil to help me and would be good to know in advance if worth the risk?

Drugs are bad, k?

Hampshire old bill like to 'police' festivals, giving them much closer scrutiny than just about every other police force (Bestival gets a lot of attention too). I guess it's because it's a chance to make their crime figures look good, by making arrests when there's been no report of a crime. ;)

As far as I'm aware they've had dogs on the gates each of the last few years, and whether you encounter them or not is down to the luck of timing, of whether you're in the same place as them at the same time.

But as drugs are bad and you won't be taking any, you don't need to know this info anyway. :D

2 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Is there an efesters camp this year?

To my surprise it seems kinda quieter in here about it

I'm not sure if that came together in the end last year. I arrived on Thursday evening and it took me a bit of time to find  your flag you kindly put up but hardly anyone else camped there apart from a group of about 12 youngsters who were perfectly pleasant but definitely had no knowledge of efests. 

I thought it was a good location though, quiet and out of the way but easily accessible to the rest of the site through the Psy Forest.