Boomtown Festival 2016

5co77ie

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the facebook page.

Dear all,

We have decided to not release tickets to the Winter Gathering today, we feel that it would not be appropriate at this time to go ahead with the event as previously planned and are therefore cancelling the scheduled 10th December Bath and West showground event.

Although there were many amazing things that happened at the festival last weekend, the incidents that did occur, we feel we should take some time to take stock of.

As a very close team with so much love for the community that is created at Boomtown, we are absolutely devastated by the news of our festival attendee who tragically passed away. Our thoughts are with the young lady’s family, friends and loved ones.

We are also currently going through the process to follow up individually with all those affected by the fire, and feel that focussing our energy on these incidents is where it is best placed at this time.

Looking ahead, we want to put all our efforts and focus into making Chapter 9 the best show and festival in every capacity, and we hope you’ll join us on that journey.

Big love,

BoomTown.

This time last week I was having the time of my life, I really felt part of the festival.  The combination of the weather, drink, music and location was perfect. Those natural bowls are so good for watching acts (and getting down the front when I can be arsed. ) 

Often at a stage it just feels like a  concert, in a field, but here it was different somehow.

I don't think I can do Glasto again, it's been well and truly surpassed. The pockets of good things it has just aren't enough when it costs more, gets too busy at times, and you walk even further. 

Might do a proper review of stages highlights later

On 4 August 2016 at 9:03 PM, RedSZ said:

It's my first Boomtown and bringing my camper van.  The info on the website states no tents in the camper van fields.  Has anyone stayed in a van before and if so how strict were they about popups next to the van?

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who replied.  As you all said, there was no problem in pitching a tent next to my van.

What a festival!

Will be interesting to see how ticket sales go this year - I suspect still slow without a typical sort of line up despite so many happy punters! Would love to see the graph of how quickly they went last year with so many saying they were coming back straight off

Having never stayed in the Boomtique before it is being discussed as an option for next year as my sister in law is having her honeymoon there. Is it actually worth the money though? What bonuses are there of staying in there? Do you still take your own tent and set up pitch in there? Is the nightlife really quiet - such as if I came back to the tent at 4am drunk and loud would I be tutted at by everyone? 

Thanks in advance guys :)

So Boomtown was absolutely awesome, best of 10+ Festivals I've been to in recent years - but wondering if I missed anything?

Was hoping for a smaller stage during the day that hosted reggae - I know we had Lions Den, but was hoping for somewhere more intimate to chill during the day.

Also found a lack of House music - seemed mostly geared towards heavy dance/psy/techno etc or the D&B etc that was on at Banghai (which was ridiculously good)...

What would also be awesome is more 'chilled' areas - I know we had the hammocks, but that got full really quick - would've loved somewhere to watch the sun rising at 6am. Will definitely be back for years to come!

Edited by Inb4this

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone, bar none, that I've spoken to about Boomtown 16 has said it's the best festival in the UK. One comment I had from someone in the industry, "everything you've heard about it, it's even better than that!"

So the missus and I are thinking of going for first time. Looking to palm the kids off for the weekend next year. We're pretty sure we're not looking at family friendliness... (Are caravans allowed on site? Without kids we won't need to bother with the awning.)

55 minutes ago, Ringo_Spar said:

Everyone, bar none, that I've spoken to about Boomtown 16 has said it's the best festival in the UK. One comment I had from someone in the industry, "everything you've heard about it, it's even better than that!"

So the missus and I are thinking of going for first time. Looking to palm the kids off for the weekend next year. We're pretty sure we're not looking at family friendliness... (Are caravans allowed on site? Without kids we won't need to bother with the awning.)

Hi mate, 

It is amazing, am sure you could have a right good one there ;) 

And yes, caravans are allowed.