Adele/Muse/Coldplay say DM

MrZigster

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy that line-up.

But y'know, I've recently been having second thoughts re: my attitude towards Adele playing. I was always against the idea, but actually I wouldn't really mind it at all. Sure, I'd rather have Radiohead, but I'd certainly rather see Adele than Coldplay. The more I think about an Adele headlining slot, the more I believe she'd do a pretty fantastic job of it. 

All 3 are realistic indvidually, but I can't see them as a combination.. What I found more interesting in the comments.

"When Glastonbury first started there were terrific rock bands such as Traffic , Hawkwind and Fairport Convention rather than the corporate rubbish we see today. Glastonbury has become a middle class, middle of the road capitalist sell out...."

Says the person registered on the Daily Mail web site.

If that line up is true then it will be the first time ever that I will not see any headliners at the Pyramid. I have seen Muse and Coldplay headline festivals a few times and although Adele may possibly deliver a Glastonbury 'moment' I just find her too beige. Still, it would then free up time for other things. How right has The Daily Heil been over the years!?

How right has The Daily Heil been over the years!?

I don't think that's necessarily relevant. If they have a source - which might not be the same as any previous source (so past performance isn't necessarily relevant) - it's all about how accurate the info is from that source.

Unfortunately, tho. Glastonbury have plans about what they're wanting to do, and those plans sometimes get leaked out into the world ... but it doesn't mean those plans actually happen.

So the info can be spot on because it's what Glastonbury are hoping to happen, and yet still end up being wrong for what is announced. As this year got to show, it can be into April before the actual headliners get signed up.

Interesting point Neil. So they could be right then.

for a number of different reasons going right back to the beginning of the year I'm pretty sure that Glasto are trying to get Adele for next year.

Whether or not she's prepared to do it tho is another thing. If we take what she says at face value then she's too scared to do it, tho there's a few reasons why that idea shouldn't necessarily be taken at face value.

Other acts who might be top of the bill I've got less idea about, tho I've a few reasons to favour Foos over Muse - tho I wouldn't be too surprised if it were Muse.

The thing that's a little confusing about these two names tho is that I think one of them being mentioned is being mentioned by someone who is wrong and always was (as opposed to plans having changed) - as I'm of the belief that Glasto will have known if Foos were in or out by about the beginning of Sept.

I really can't imagine Adele playing, given her announcement last week and her dislike of large audiences. Glastonbury may well want her to do it, I just can't see her saying yes.

That comment about Traffic, Hawkwind and Fairport Convention made me chuckle. Out of all the rock bands in the seventies he's singled out these as examples of terrific bands, as compared to some of the acts (both large and small) booked in recent years.

Thanks Neil. It does seem more and more like Adele is going to be one of the headliners (nerves aside). I am hoping for Foo Fighters as they always put on a good show. I must say, I really liked how the festival made all their stage announcements last year and hope they repeat this for 2016. Still, some leaks would be good too!

I really can't imagine Adele playing, given her announcement last week and her dislike of large audiences. Glastonbury may well want her to do it, I just can't see her saying yes.

what Adele said is that the size of the crowd makes her shit herself..... but if you go digging around you can find lots of comments from her about playing live making her shit herself yet it's not stopping her playing live.

That comment about Traffic, Hawkwind and Fairport Convention made me chuckle. Out of all the rock bands in the seventies he's singled out these as examples of terrific bands, as compared to some of the acts (both large and small) booked in recent years.

I don't think Traffic or Fairport actually played back then, did they?

for a number of different reasons going right back to the beginning of the year I'm pretty sure that Glasto are trying to get Adele for next year.

Whether or not she's prepared to do it tho is another thing. If we take what she says at face value then she's too scared to do it, tho there's a few reasons why that idea shouldn't necessarily be taken at face value.

Other acts who might be top of the bill I've got less idea about, tho I've a few reasons to favour Foos over Muse - tho I wouldn't be too surprised if it were Muse.

The thing that's a little confusing about these two names tho is that I think one of them being mentioned is being mentioned by someone who is wrong and always was (as opposed to plans having changed) - as I'm of the belief that Glasto will have known if Foos were in or out by about the beginning of Sept.

What was it about Foo's that made you reckon/believe it was them? Your last response I remember seemed to be fair sure they sre in one of the nailed spots.

I just don't see Muse doing it next year, surely if they wanted to do it on this album and knowing how it usually works then they wouldn't have agreed to play Download as a sole exclusive.

what Adele said is that the size of the crowd makes her shit herself..... but if you go digging around you can find lots of comments from her about playing live making her shit herself yet it's not stopping her playing live.

I don't think Traffic or Fairport actually played back then, did they?

They played in 71. Both appear in Nic Roeg's film of the festival but gallingly there's not a single second of Hawkwind.

Beyonce blazed a trail for a solo female pop headliner in 2011, Mark E Smith blazed a trail for artists who soil themselves on stage this year. It's happening.

i can believe Coldplay and Adele, but not Muse - that would be a shite booking that would lessen those headliners significantly imo (and that's saying something). only way i can see it being them is if plan A fell through, but it seems a bit early for that - surely there are other better options