Adele/Muse/Coldplay say DM

MrZigster

what Adele said is that the size of the crowd makes her shit herself..... but if you go digging around you can find lots of comments from her about playing live making her shit herself yet it's not stopping her playing live.

it has stopped her playing big gigs, which is the whole point. she's never played had a gig of her own to more than a few thousand people, and is clearly reluctant to do bigger ones.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be watching any of those thats for sure!

My aim is not to watch all three pyramid headliners (I've done this before and really want to enjoy a headliner at a smaller stage).  This line up would make that very easy. 

I'd agree to watch either Coldplay or Adele if someone in our group was really keen but I'm never going to watch Muse again.

PMSl :lol: - she's played to 25,000 at her own show at the o2.

So, she might be scared by big gigs, but she's not that scared.

didn't realise she had ever played the O2 barring that 1 song at the Brits?!

Just to let you know myself and others are Still getting that Game of War pop up.  I know the headliner thread isn't the page to be saying it but I can't get on any other pages due to it at the min! Cheers

no, she hasn't.

didn't she?

She certainly told the world that she would be playing her own show(s?) there, and I seem to remember an o2 show being announced, but perhaps it never happened.

http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/adele/news/2012-uk-arena-tour/#0kxSy35hYdDZDJKO.97

http://metro.co.uk/2011/09/22/adele-confirms-forthcoming-london-o2-arena-gig-at-hammersmith-show-159486/

(I did google to check before I posted that comment, tho I went by the google headliners rather than reading the articles so perhaps i should have done better research).

didn't she?

She certainly told the world that she would be playing her own show(s?) there, and I seem to remember an o2 show being announced, but perhaps it never happened.

http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/adele/news/2012-uk-arena-tour/#0kxSy35hYdDZDJKO.97

http://metro.co.uk/2011/09/22/adele-confirms-forthcoming-london-o2-arena-gig-at-hammersmith-show-159486/

(I did google to check before I posted that comment, tho I went by the google headliners rather than reading the articles so perhaps i should have done better research).

seems it never happened - she never did an arena tour (didn't do any more shows after that statement was made, in fact), and the only time she ever played the O2 was for the Brits

I actually quite fancy watching a pyramid headliner this year after giving it a miss last year, not sure I'd be too thrilled if this was the line-up though. I've seen Muse numerous times including Glastonbury, and even though they are popular at the festival (even i enjoyed their last visit against my better judgement) Coldplay have headlined so many times it really would be a dull booking. As for Adele I would maybe pop along but I have a feeling that there will be something else getting my attention during her set.

didn't she?

She played some academies (not stadiums), got ill and cancelled the rest of the tour. I guess her biggest gig will have been at the Royal albert hall? I don't know how many people were at The Brits as it is all tables and stuff isn't it? She is also clearly nervous in that and her vocal is off compared to other versions of the song... backing up her points about nerves.

To be picky she also played the Greek theatre in LA which is 5,900 capacity.

Seems a bit strange to be OK with looking out at 6 thousand-odd fans (who you can barely see for spotlights anyway), but then saying any larger crowd would be impossible to perform in front of. But I guess these phobias don't abide by reason anyway!

I'd call Muse lots of mean things but beige is definitely not one of them. 'Batshit insane' maybe, but certainly not beige.

Muse were interesting but that time has been and gone. I had the misfortune of watching their most recent concert film on sky arts not so long ago and it was dreadful. Bloated, bland stadium rock. As a band they have nothing more interesting to say.

Edited by zero000

Muse's main appeal these days is comedy value, there's nothing beige about them. They're defined by over the top excess. The 2nd Law and Drones were terrible, sure, but their campy ridiculousness gives them a certain appeal regardless of their musical quality.

Muse are the modern-day Queen. I respect that they are usually trying different things, even if it doesn't sound particularly good.

On the subject of Drones, I listened to it again today with the homoerotic subtext some have mentioned in mind and it's absolutely hilarious. It's practically The Nightman Cometh'.

'Your ass belongs to me now'

People may put the studio quality and credibility down. BUT. It's a smashing album live!! Psyco, Reapers, The Handler, Mercy and Dead Inside are phenomenal. At Download it was beefy, rowdy and exquisitely done at Glasto it will only be that and more!