Secret resale

timngaby

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this info.  This is the first year since 2004 that I didn't manage to get a ticket in the initial sale.  It feels strange at this time of year not to have the festival to look forward to.

I recently managed to get a ticket to go and see Bruce in the U.S. on the River tour, so that compensates slightly for the disappointment, but still…..  

I feel I ought to be doing something regarding Glastonbury, but this thread confirms I have to wait.  I have decided against volunteering because I just would not enjoy having to miss stuff due to shifts.  I have joined the buddy thing for teaming up to help each other to get tickets in the resale.  Fingers crossed while we wait…..

On 29/12/2015 at 6:17 PM, Watergirl said:

I feel I ought to be doing something regarding Glastonbury, but this thread confirms I have to wait.  I have decided against volunteering because I just would not enjoy having to miss stuff due to shifts.  I have joined the buddy thing for teaming up to help each other to get tickets in the resale.  Fingers crossed while we wait…..

While its true that many volunteer jobs cover a range of shifts there is some volunteer's who only work day time although you would have to be quick to get one + it does help if you have previous volunteer experience {as this proves that you have a track record} I am in the lucky situation that my place was reserved for me last year so I don't have to hunt for a place and I can pick my own shifts {but that only happens due to my long volunteer history with the WBC}

The last time I bought a ticket was in 1987 {£21} and have never ever thought about buying one since then - I reckon than many make a mistake by looking at being a volunteer ' after all the tickets has been sold ' when their chances are very limited as there is thousands chasing a few jobs.

In fact as long as you have the time - there is jobs where you don't have to work at all during the festival such as the people who erect the tents for WV.

Luck plays a good part and looking every day as these jobs go fast.

Thanks for your response, Glasto-Worker.  I have read the volunteering thread as well.  In a way I am curious about volunteering as I am sure it will give you a nice and different view of a festival, but having just done a month of 55-hour working weeks I felt the last thing I want to do during my few weeks off in the summer is work….

Am going to try for the resale and pick another festival if Glastonbury doesn't work out.  Already have my ticket for Cambridge, so that is something to look forward to in any case.

Edited by Watergirl