Can Water Tanks be Filled Up In West Campervan Field.

Bigacres

Hello,

newbie to Glastonbury, so just wanted a bit of advice please, managed to get plot in West Campervan field. Can anyone advise whether you can fill up clean water tanks directly from taps into Motorhome in West fields on arrival or not.  If not can anyone advise the best place to do so as you come off M5 from the north.  Many thanks,  Bigacres.

I doubt you'd be able to get a motorhome close enough to the taps to fill directly.

driving the vehicle around the site after parking up is a definite no-no.

A water container of some sort is the only option. Or fill up before you arrive.

(I always take water with me in my campervan, as it saves the hassle of queuing for the taps and carrying the water back to the vehicle).

There are taps on sinks in East (the only side I know, but it's a comparison), but there are also more sturdy blue plumbing pipes with larger plastic tap connections suitable for filling aquarolls, or my brewing barrel on a trolley. Either fill up before you arrive, or park up and then fill up with a barrel, having a chat with folks and getting your bearings.

• 2 weeks later...

This might sound like a stupid question. Finally got a trailer tent, wooo hoo. If you're cooking, say a fry up, what do you do with the waste, fat, washing up water etc ? I could answer it fairly easy, some fried bread maybe, but you know what I mean hopefully. 

On 09/11/2015, 17:21:23, whisty said:

This might sound like a stupid question. Finally got a trailer tent, wooo hoo. If you're cooking, say a fry up, what do you do with the waste, fat, washing up water etc ? I could answer it fairly easy, some fried bread maybe, but you know what I mean hopefully. 

I have a caravan so all my waste water (grey waste) goes into the wastehog which I empty at the designated point. Does your trailer tent have a sink that empties into a waste receptacle? I was in East 18 last year and saw several people emptying washing up bowls in the hedge bottom.As far as fat is concerned, I mop it up with kitchen roll which then goes in a black bin liner with the rest of my non-recyclable rubbish to be dropped off at the rubbish point when full.

2 hours ago, Pear_Cider said:

I have a caravan so all my waste water (grey waste) goes into the wastehog which I empty at the designated point. Does your trailer tent have a sink that empties into a waste receptacle? I was in East 18 last year and saw several people emptying washing up bowls in the hedge bottom.As far as fat is concerned, I mop it up with kitchen roll which then goes in a black bin liner with the rest of my non-recyclable rubbish to be dropped off at the rubbish point when full.

That's the way to do it with grey waste.  Toilet waste, if you've got a chemical toilet, probably has to be emptied in a portaloo.

Edited by grumpyhack

5 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

That's the way to do it with grey waste.  Toilet waste, if you've got a chemical toilet, probably has to be emptied in a portaloo.

Absolutely. Toilet waste (black waste) should only be disposed of at the Elsan points which are located around the CV fields. There's one behind the portaloos in the field at the top of the Hill of Death.

Edited by Pear_Cider