Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park 2016

Nicklord

I have a few questions for you guys. I don't understand about tickets, I can't find english translation of the news to I google translated it and it says. 170 euros ticket and 10 euros some deposit. So 180 euros? Also, does that camping ticket includes electricity or I have to buy something more?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a few questions for you guys. I don't understand about tickets, I can't find english translation of the news to I google translated it and it says. 170 euros ticket and 10 euros some deposit. So 180 euros? Also, does that camping ticket includes electricity or I have to buy something more?

Ticket is 170 including deposit for trash (you can get 10 back at the end of the festival). Electricity is not included, there is a VIP camping thing though, in that case it is. 25 bucks extra. Not sure if that's actually the name but something like that. 

Really interested in going this year. Me and a few mates gave pretty much decided on it. From what I've heard the Im park site is easier to get to when coming from the UK compared to the am ring site. Is that right? I assume flying from the uk is the only real option (followed by tram in DE)?

If anyones been before any advice would be appreciated, regarding the 2 different sites and the whole travel itself. I've been to reading and DL for near 10 years now, but this'll be my first EU fest.

Also regarding tickets, anyone kbow how quickly they normally sell out? And if there is a easy uk vendor for buying, or do i need to buy them off a german site and have my bank convert the euros to pounds? 

Cheers

Really interested in going this year. Me and a few mates gave pretty much decided on it. From what I've heard the Im park site is easier to get to when coming from the UK compared to the am ring site. Is that right? I assume flying from the uk is the only real option (followed by tram in DE)?

If anyones been before any advice would be appreciated, regarding the 2 different sites and the whole travel itself. I've been to reading and DL for near 10 years now, but this'll be my first EU fest.

Also regarding tickets, anyone kbow how quickly they normally sell out? And if there is a easy uk vendor for buying, or do i need to buy them off a german site and have my bank convert the euros to pounds? 

Cheers

We went last year and it was a complete blast and going back this year. Blazing hot and the way the fest is run is amazing.

We flew from Brum and Edinburgh into Munich and got a high speed train to nuremberg. Book in advance and you'll save a lot. Think it was about 40 euros return. We stayed in a hotel and the site is about 3-4 miles from the town. And buses, trains and trams all go very regular and late. Cab cost 10 euros. :)

Beer is 4 or 5 euros I think with 1 euro for the cup. You can take any liquid you want in as long as it is in a tetra carton.

Never waited more than 10 mins for a beer. Even when the foos were on. There are bars where you can cue and still see the stage.

Buying tickets wasn't exactly straight forward but got there in the end. I think you have to pay through the nose for a courier as it is outside of Germany. Last year it sold out (I think for the first time) about a month before. Day tickets and splits were 6 months ahead of time.

Also, the 2nd stage headliners go on after the main stage headliners. So Foos played, the Slipknot on the 2nd stage at about 12. 3rd stage goes on after that I think. 

Hope this helps.

I'm having problems with paying for a ticket. I'm from Serbia, I have intesa bank internet visa card. I have 371 euros on it (checked 1290 times :D ) and I want to buy 2 tickets but I can't. Card is always declined. I used it last time a month ago to buy tickets for Muse in Vienna and I used it for Sziget last year and a lot more but it was never declined before. I putted address in Vienna, that's my friend's house cause shipping to Serbia is 35 euros. Can that be a problem or is it something else? On eventim.de I can't find a mail address to ask that only telephone number but just calling will be like one extra ticket haha

We went last year and it was a complete blast and going back this year. Blazing hot and the way the fest is run is amazing.

We flew from Brum and Edinburgh into Munich and got a high speed train to nuremberg. Book in advance and you'll save a lot. Think it was about 40 euros return. We stayed in a hotel and the site is about 3-4 miles from the town. And buses, trains and trams all go very regular and late. Cab cost 10 euros. :)

Beer is 4 or 5 euros I think with 1 euro for the cup. You can take any liquid you want in as long as it is in a tetra carton.

Never waited more than 10 mins for a beer. Even when the foos were on. There are bars where you can cue and still see the stage.

Buying tickets wasn't exactly straight forward but got there in the end. I think you have to pay through the nose for a courier as it is outside of Germany. Last year it sold out (I think for the first time) about a month before. Day tickets and splits were 6 months ahead of time.

Also, the 2nd stage headliners go on after the main stage headliners. So Foos played, the Slipknot on the 2nd stage at about 12. 3rd stage goes on after that I think. 

Hope this helps.

Which site did you go to?, RAR or RIP? 

This one interests me as taking in some cider helps with lack of other options. It won't be next I go, but possibly 17.

I'm having problems with paying for a ticket. I'm from Serbia, I have intesa bank internet visa card. I have 371 euros on it (checked 1290 times :D ) and I want to buy 2 tickets but I can't. Card is always declined. I used it last time a month ago to buy tickets for Muse in Vienna and I used it for Sziget last year and a lot more but it was never declined before. I putted address in Vienna, that's my friend's house cause shipping to Serbia is 35 euros. Can that be a problem or is it something else? On eventim.de I can't find a mail address to ask that only telephone number but just calling will be like one extra ticket haha

If anyone is wondering. I used ticketmaster.de and it worked perfectly. Still don't know why it didn't worked on eventim.de

Edited by Nicklord

• 2 weeks later...

If you are doing RaR then i would recommend arriving on Wedensday. This year they had some problems because they misscalculated the campingssites. So People arriving on thursday had some trouble finding space. I have been to serveral RaR but not in Mendig. But a majority arrived on Wednesday when RaR was still at Nürburgring.

RiP opens up on thursday so arriving on that day seems okay. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, the boy jones said:

Anyone have an idea of what day what site bands will be playing on when this is usually announced?

Last year, day splits were announced at the very end of April. Previously it had been even later than that but I imagine it will be similar this year!