Nicklord

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Nicklord said:

When does camping opens for Rock Im Park? Wednesday or thursday? And if it opens on thursday and you come between wednesday and thursday at night can you wait like in front of the campsite or something?

its opens on thursday morning.... i have no idea about waiting but i imagine that the area will be sealed off until opening time. 

5 hours ago, RonanM said:

its opens on thursday morning.... i have no idea about waiting but i imagine that the area will be sealed off until opening time. 

Actually camping opens Wednesday. There is a bit of discussion on Facebook because of a new 20 Euros fee for early camping. Until a few years ago camping started Tuesday with some campers even showing up on Monday so there's a tradition of extending the stay at Rock am Ring beyond the music days. 

2 hours ago, rzwodezwo said:

Actually camping opens Wednesday. There is a bit of discussion on Facebook because of a new 20 Euros fee for early camping. Until a few years ago camping started Tuesday with some campers even showing up on Monday so there's a tradition of extending the stay at Rock am Ring beyond the music days. 

it only opens on Thursday at Rock Im Park! 

I'm gonna catch the beginning and end of Sabbath I think. And hope getting in to the second stage is easy enough.

They stopped people going in for Slipknot due to overcrowding but they were headlining. I'm sure Biffy won't be that busy. :)

1 hour ago, biffoire said:

I'm gonna catch the beginning and end of Sabbath I think. And hope getting in to the second stage is easy enough.

They stopped people going in for Slipknot due to overcrowding but they were headlining. I'm sure Biffy won't be that busy. :)

I would try and catch both sets but from past experience I've found it's affected my enjoyment of the gig when I'm thinking that I have to get to another stage so I'll see one and stick with it, If I'm not really into it I'll go see the other band :)

Black Sabbath play for about 80 to 90 minutes. They won't play 2 hours but that means that they are either going to be late 20-30 minutes or finish 20-30 minutes early. If they finish early you won't get a chance to see them but if they are late you can see last 20 minutes or so. FUCK THAT CLASH

Edited by Nicklord

1 hour ago, Lorna090790 said:

Hi going to rock im park this year as RAR sold out. Will there still be a Lidl on site and do you think it will be ok to arrive early Friday morning? Thanks in advance 

No Lidl on site, but there is one about a 30 min walk away from site. 

As for arriving on Friday, it will be difficult to find a campsite and you may be looking for quite a while! but you will eventually find a spot id imagine! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So the official grounds map of Rock im Park has been released (There's also a better, more detailed version in the festival application. too bad it's only in German =/) :
https://assets.mlk-festivals.com/attachment/909/file/f1ba67cecd268479cfe928305eb3869d.pdf

I was wondering if anyone knows what the marked sign in the attached picture is, and does it mean it is an entrance to the camping area (I'd like to camp in area 4 and if that's an entrance it will be the most convenient one for it).

also - Does anyone know how much a pre-paid sim card in Germany cost and do you have any recommendations on a specific one?

Thank you!

Capture.JPG

2 hours ago, ArielBiMBa said:

Hi,

So the official grounds map of Rock im Park has been released (There's also a better, more detailed version in the festival application. too bad it's only in German =/) :
https://assets.mlk-festivals.com/attachment/909/file/f1ba67cecd268479cfe928305eb3869d.pdf

I was wondering if anyone knows what the marked sign in the attached picture is, and does it mean it is an entrance to the camping area (I'd like to camp in area 4 and if that's an entrance it will be the most convenient one for it).

also - Does anyone know how much a pre-paid sim card in Germany cost and do you have any recommendations on a specific one?

Thank you!

Capture.JPG

yes there is an entrance to the camp sites there!

the exact meaning for the sign is that it is where you get your ticket exchanged for a wristband! :)

3 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Also feel bad for everyone who's had their weekends ruined now the festival has been suspended. I was going here or werchter this year and chose the latter. Then bands were announced and I was gutted, now I feel like I've dodged a bullet 

It's quite bad to think the only way the fest you are attending was a good choice is based on that another has been eddectively cancelled and hasan array of injured parties.

That isn't me saying you are approving what happened as good btw.

Wow, I was at Rock im Park without internet or anything (really nice experience) and didn't know it was that bad at RaR, I've heard that Tenacious D (I think) played half of their set and bands on Sunday said a few times some things about Saturday at RaR... I hope everyone is all right now.

Anyway. My first experience there. I liked the venue, the sound, the bands, the atmosphere. I didn't like camping and the atmosphere in camp, way to many guys who just came to drink and not for bands, it was annoying. Also, do Germans shower at festivals? I mean, I get it, it's 3€ but about 50% smelled like pigs, it smelled really bad. Werchter, Exit and Sziget had so much better camping. 

Top 5 sets (no order):
RHCP - perfect setlist for me, so many great old songs Nobody Weird Like Me, Sir Psycho Sexy, Me and My Friends, 2 new songs and hits.
BMTH - surprise of the weekend for me, I knew (and still know haha) 6-7 songs but they were really amazing live and crowd so into it.
Volbeat - they came prepared, best stage and stage presence, a lot of songs and rain didn't stop them.
Black Sabbath - amazing musicians, drummer, Clufetos, stole the show. I can't imagine how Ward sounded in his prime because this was amazing.
Deftones - loved their energy and setlist, the crowd was pretty good too where I was at.

Bottom 5 sets:
Tenacious D x5 - the worst concert by far, poor scripted jokes, way too many pauses, no energy and they could have been so much better. So many missed opportunities, to many pointless "solos"...