Elton John for 2016.

McCor

Compared to his early days his voice is shot, but it's not too bad and was certainly good enough at Bestival. Who can hear his voice over the weeping from Candle in the Wind anyway?

His Bestival set was a triumph. I had fallen really ill with a bad cold and wanted to go home early, but I necked a shit load of red wine just before his set and was glad I stayed.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. Thought it started off a bit slow but what a performance. I'm pretty sure he did at least two hours too. He probably could have filled 3 hours with the back catalogue he's got.

Yes. It was well over 2 hours.  I bought the CD of the show afterwards, and although his voice has aged, he's still hitting most of the notes and even on CD sounds pretty solid.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elton-john/2013/robin-hill-country-park-isle-of-wight-england-23c65057.html

Elton played in Gloucester last summer and there was quite a furore when he barracked a steward who was doing her job (telling people to sit down I think) and he publically humiliated her on stage with foul language to the point she left the area in tears. There was some crowd feedback regarding his actions, and so he called her back and apologised to her .... quite the actions of an embarrased diva who relised he'd over stepped the mark and needed to claw back some crowd love. 

If Michael and Emily monitor such goings on and take note, I dont think he'd be welcome at the farm. Certainly I recently heard his 'people' were told he needn't bother looking to return to Gloucester. As a further comment, other 'gigs' at Gloucester Kingsholm Stadium include Madness, Tom Jones, The Wanted and Boyzone .... none of which will be headlining the festival anytime soon. I dont think he quite has the live following that people think he has.

There's currently a BBC thing on Iplayer of him at the Eden Project earlier this year. His voice is a bit gone, innit? He's got the tunes, no doubt, but you know, he's not headliner stuff really. Not now. It's tricky he's a bit in between, not headliner, not from that performance, but not mid-afternoon either. Fuck knows. Bet he doesn't play.

I would rather he did the legends slot, as he would be a very strong addition to the lineup instead of a weak headliner. If they can persuade dolly to do it, I'm sure they can do the same for him!

Headline, legends. I'm not fussed. I want him there. 4 hour slot to fit in all his hits and encore with circle of life 7 times in a row

Definitely this. 

Circle Of Life on The Pyramid would be epic and if his voice is shot who cares, you would be able to hear him over the crowd's singing anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2015, 12:41:44, russycarps said:

Great news. This fawning, sycophantic royalist nitwit is much more suited to blenheim palace and henley

With him now doing Longleat on 12th June that fits in with your view.

Tickets go on general sale from Friday December 4
http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Elton-John-play-Longleat/story-28273831-detail/story.html#ixzz3t4HD1uuS 

• 1 month later...