When do campervan tickets go on sale?

beadfc

I can't seem to find information anywhere. Off on holiday on Thursday and don't want to miss out getting one. 

It's not anywhere yet, the link is here - http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

Someone has suggested that a likely date is noon Monday October 26th, based on earlier years, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Your best bet is to find a wifi spot on holiday and keep checking on the GFL website, or get a friend to get them with your details.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/151023e.shtml

£100 per ticket for either the East or West fields; or £200 for a double pitch for oversized vehicles, in the East fields only) and will need to present both their named campervan/caravan ticket and Festival ticket to be able to park in these fields. Campervan/caravan tickets will feature the name and address of the ticket booker.

is the double pitch a new thing ? is it for one large camper or for 2 normal sized ones do we think ?

I think it's for larger RV type vehicles, in theory they previously would've had to buy two tickets but I suspect in practice many didn't. Not sure if this will make a difference or not.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/151023e.shtml

£100 per ticket for either the East or West fields; or £200 for a double pitch for oversized vehicles, in the East fields only) and will need to present both their named campervan/caravan ticket and Festival ticket to be able to park in these fields. Campervan/caravan tickets will feature the name and address of the ticket booker.

It won't write in the quote box when I try! Anyway..do you know if you can buy more than one ticket in a transaction..I.e. I want to buy another for someone in our party with his reg number so will have his details on...??

Ii've had a few email discussions with GFL over the new ticket system but this bit wasn't something i questioned. I would doubt that the format of the booking page and its software would be set up to allow 2 separate lead bookers in the same transaction. it would be very useful to know for sure in advance as if it works for van passes then maybe it would work for van passes and worthy view which i need to do. But i'm expecting to have to go through the process twice. I'd email GFL but with it being half term (and them being generally busy with the sale coming up) i think it might not be possible to get a reply before Thursday

Ii've had a few email discussions with GFL over the new ticket system but this bit wasn't something i questioned. I would doubt that the format of the booking page and its software would be set up to allow 2 separate lead bookers in the same transaction. it would be very useful to know for sure in advance as if it works for van passes then maybe it would work for van passes and worthy view which i need to do. But i'm expecting to have to go through the process twice. I'd email GFL but with it being half term (and them being generally busy with the sale coming up) i think it might not be possible to get a reply before Thursday

thanks..I guess we will soon find out! :)

From your experience, are the tickets sell out quickly like the general sale?

I seem to remember last year West went straightaway but East was available for most of that day if not longer. If you login at 9 there shouldn't be any issues especially with them going on sale 6 months earlier than last year, I hope that is the case anyway!

On a side note do people expect to be able to buy two tickets in one transaction? The reason I ask is that our Group need two tickets, we will be arriving together so it will not matter if both tickets are in my name but I am a lot more organised so had planned to login and buy two under my reg straightaway. I don't want to buy one and then rely on one of the others to potentially forget and sell out before they get one.

I seem to remember last year West went straightaway but East was available for most of that day if not longer. If you login at 9 there shouldn't be any issues especially with them going on sale 6 months earlier than last year, I hope that is the case anyway!

Thanx! I should start read the whole East  vs. West thing Then...

I think tickets go on sale at midday.

On a side note do people expect to be able to buy two tickets in one transaction? The reason I ask is that our Group need two tickets, we will be arriving together so it will not matter if both tickets are in my name but I am a lot more organised so had planned to login and buy two under my reg straightaway. I don't want to buy one and then rely on one of the others to potentially forget and sell out before they get one.

I'm guessing (and hoping) that as long as the purchaser has the reg numbers then there will be no problem?

Just been speaking to see tickets you need the reg number and postcode of each person you want campervan tkts accommodation etc for. There will be a drop down menu allowing you to choose so you can book requirements for 6 people :)

Edited by Glitter

Just been speaking to see tickets you need the reg number and postcode of each person you want campervan tkts accommodation etc for. There will be a drop down menu allowing you to choose so you can book requirements for 6 people :)

Ok, not that it matters too much but it sounds like I won't be able to book two Campervan passes for me, but I can select one for me and one for another person I have reg details for and pay for both of them?

We need 3 tickets too. I'm hoping/expecting to just use the 3 drivers names & reg numbers and book each one separately.  If I have to book all 3 under my name, it'll just mean we'll need to meet up a few miles from the festival and enter in a convoy.

My only real fear is that they have royally messed this up and only allow you to book one van per party

There is the facility to book a double space for larger motorhomes, maybe these can be used for 2 vans instead of 1 big one? Involves a bit of blagging  on the day, and arriving together.

instead of linking the cv tickets to the lead Booker they should have just linked it to any reg number with a ticket, this allows for multiple camper vans in 1 booking. Simples!