Who popped your Glastonbury cherry?

LeeGalvin

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2015 was my first. If it's first ever music then its a great band called my baby, followed by the awesome chainska brasskia both on the bandstand in Williams green. 

First big stage was was james bay, ruined by the hangover/sunstroke cominbination. 

Wednesday and Thursday were a very happy surprise. Next year I'll make more of them, with a chair to save the feet for the main days

Unfortunately I caught a bit of The 1975 whilst waiting for Metronomy at William's Green (Thursday, 2014). 

Oh god, I just got told Metronomy at the meet, so we were right down the front all excited for Metronomy when The 1975 popped out. We couldn't escape! I've told this story a million times on the boards I think , but I'm still scarred!

The Darkness opening the Pyramid in 2003.  I was young and naive... OK, I wasn't young, but it was my first ever festival, whilst going through a messy break up with the mother of my children, so I'll claim that I was easily lead due to emotional stress.

These days, I go with said mother of my children, and occasionally the kids come as well, and it's safe to say, you wouldn't catch us anywhere near the Darkness

Edited by Greenelk