What is your worst point between Glastonburys?

tweed1981

This is a daft question I know, but I have just been thinking about how far the next Glastonbury is away. You could argue that the worst point is just after the last festival as you have a whole year before the next one but I don't think that is the case. You've got the worry of getting a ticket in October to contend with first and the memory's of the Festival just gone to bask in , but once that's over with then you've got a long few months without even a name on the lineup. So I think the worst point is pretty much now.

I don't get to go every year. So my worst point is when the post festival happiness has worn off, then when Glastonbury is happening and I'm not there......until the time we decide to go again.  Then when we get tickets it's on the up until the festival. So right about now is pretty good.

For those of us who haven't got a ticket YET,it's pretty grim right now,I'm still checking this forum every day and the rumours page but generally I find January the worst,probably because it's a shit month anyway and The festival season seems so far away.

No news on the Oxfam comp is there.

Well its normally about March as that is when I put in the festival  volunteer bids so have to hang about for four weeks to find out how many places I have been allocated but July 2015 I was told by the WBC Chairman that they were going to keep so many places free for my Team so I already know we will be at Glastonbury 2016 - this is the first time in 26 years that I have knowing so far in advance.

I will find out the actual number next month { at the end of the year WBC Party } but I expect it will be six places - many years ago in the 90's when there was a lot less volunteers I used to get 25 places which was great for my Team but gave me a lot of stress running such a large team so its a doddle with a far smaller team. 

Lucky enough they are all people who I have knowing a very long time and they all know what to do and what is expected from them and we all work as a team and are not afraid to get stuck in - I would hate to manage a large mob of strangers who all want to change their shifts
just to see such and such.

First week in July to the third week in June.

In all seriousness, probably the time from getting home on the Monday after to the time when I secure a ticket. Until then, I can't bring myself to watch of the previous year's footage or log onto here. Now I have a ticket though, I'm all over all things Glasto once more, getting random spikes of excitement now and again

Edited by SPTFRE

The thing is I found ticket day in a perverse way something to look forward to and its only three months from the Festival ending so it's not too long to wait. Obviously it's nerve wracking not knowing if you'll get a ticket but I definitely don't mind that gap leading up to it. Flipping it round the best bit for me is when the majority of the lineup is released and is only a couple of months away.

The time between failing in the main sale and waiting for the resale. A long, cold 6 months. However, if you're successful in the resale, you've only got to wait a couple of months for the festival, so that's a bonus.

Edited by StLewi

First week in July to the third week in June.

In all seriousness, probably the time from getting home on the Monday after to the time when I secure a ticket. Until then, I can't bring myself to watch of the previous year's footage or log onto here. Now I have a ticket though, I'm all over all things Glasto once more, getting random spikes of excitement now and again

yeah pretty much the same, though it starts about 2 weeks later than you, I go mad on footage and audio, along with online reviews and discussions until my next festival or big gig really. Then til ticket day worry about getting a ticket, and then just after that (now) will put something on that gets me excited and the cycle is back on. For me it was an indie documentary on bbc4 on Friday, showed the end of a certain romance by arctic monkeys on and it got me ridiculously excited 

I think before T day is worse, at least now I know I'm going

agree with this. especially the week before.

Once I have a ticket - I'm as happy as Larry in muck with a bone. I don't care whose headlining, just so happy to be going. 

It's Mrs.R's first festival this next year - and looking forward to making little lists of things we need to organise before then.

I'm easily pleased though!

The thing is I found ticket day in a perverse way something to look forward to and its only three months from the Festival ending so it's not too long to wait. Obviously it's nerve wracking not knowing if you'll get a ticket but I definitely don't mind that gap leading up to it. Flipping it round the best bit for me is when the majority of the lineup is released and is only a couple of months away.

I find this too, the way T-day works makes it an event in itself.

Now is when I tend to struggle the most. Ticket secured, haven't got too many gigs lined up until the end of November + December and there isn't much in the way of rumours to get excited over other than the usual Coldplay/Radiohead/Prince etc and the more absurd Oasis/Daft Punk ones.