TFI Slip? ELO

Wanderlei

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap examples Jeffie - I've never heard of Long Black Road and my dad was a fan so endured a fair few ELO hours in the car as a youngster

That wasn't me!!

Go and shout at Gnomicide!  lol

Just had a look, Long Black Road is a bonus track on the Japanese version of the ELO Zoom album from 2001.  I've never seen American Hustle, and I've never heard it before.

Edited by jeffie

That wasn't me!!

Go and shout at Gnomicide!  lol

Just had a look, Long Black Road is a bonus track on the Japanese version of the ELO Zoom album from 2001.  I've never seen American Hustle, and I've never heard it before.

:D

I've never heard it either. Or seen the film.

In fact, I even posted them in the wrong thread, was supposed to be the other ELO one, trying (and failing) to prove that people will know more tracks than they think as they are in a lot of films and that.

Ok, here's the tracks from each of their Greatest Hits compilations.

I've removed special "never before released etc.

Who has the most recognisable?

Bazza

"Looks Like We Made It"
"Could It Be Magic"
"Copacabana (At the Copa)

ELO

"Roll Over Beethoven"
"Mr. Blue Sky"

these are the only songs i recognise by looking at the titles. might possibly know a few more by each, but certainly don't recognise them.

Because it would be.

Reading Festival's Sunday line up this year was The Cribs and The Maccabees.  I know I'm glad that I was at Lionel instead of that.

It wouldnt be because the spice girls music was complete crap then, and is complete crap now.

Just because they havent played for ages doesnt change these undeniable facts.

The spice girls were garbage, and shit like that should never be allowed within a million miles of the festival.

The revisionism of acts as time passes never ceases to amaze me.

They've got about 4 or 5 decent singles.  They're far from a musical phenomenon, but as a mid afternoon diversion it would be a coup - and it's Glastonbury's ability to reel in acts like that that differentiates it from most other big festivals who have, like, Editors on at that time of day.

Sorry mate. That's the second time in the last couple of days I've got you two mixed up. Dunno why. 

Guess we both must be devilishly attractive babe magnets?

or not

Edited by jeffie
Telling the truth

They've got about 4 or 5 decent singles.  They're far from a musical phenomenon, but as a mid afternoon diversion it would be a coup - and it's Glastonbury's ability to reel in acts like that that differentiates it from most other big festivals who have, like, Editors on at that time of day.

you'd won the day here as soon as you mentioned the lousy cribs and maccabees. The editors as being another alternative is just the icing on the cake: I am beaten.

I haven't listened to the TFI clip at all, so I cant make out "ELO". To me it sounds a lot more like "Gary Numan".

All I can hear is Gary Numan (in my head) - it has to be 2016. 

Tubeway Army for the legends slot, then Gary Numan to headline Sunday. Job done. Everyone goes home with a spring in their step knowing they have witnessed a true legend

Manilow has always been seen as something of a joke though, hasn't he?

Loyal audience yes, but I can't imagine any of the people I know who go to Glastonbury being in the slightest bit excited at the prospect of him playing.

No doubt people could say the same about ELO but Manilow... really?

You've seen the previous two years acts in this slot right and their bizarre popularity ?

I do doubt Glastonbury's choices are either Spice Girls or Editors for a Sunday afternoon to book. (Ignoring Editors being a half decent outfit and absolute legends if you are from Belgium). If it is, the music industry is in deeper shit than we could have imagined.

Choice/Variety doesn't mean having to book  acts that featured in Smash Hits or novelty acts.

Edited by LondonTom