The Park Stage 2016

TomViolence

Only been going to the festival the last 2 years but I realised very quickly that The Park was my favourite area/stage on the site. Great food, nice vibes and most importantly...  you can watch great bands/artists standing ridiculously close to the stage.

Some of my favourite sets have been here (Mogwai, St. Vincent, Father John Misty, Kate Tempest, Courtney Barnett, Cate Le Bon etc etc etc), hopefully this pattern can be repeated next year!

Surely it's not too early to discuss who we want to play/headline..?

Headliners

Wilco, Joanna Newsom, Bat For Lashes, Jesus & Mary Chain, Grimes...

I'd like to see Julia Holter, Daughter, The Twilight Sad, Villagers, Guy Garvey, Torres and Kurt Vile dotted around the lineup too

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Park is pretty much my favourite part of the site. Absolutely love spending the majority of weds / thurs up there, before all the big stuff opens, just chilling and taking in the vibes. In terms of music, seeing Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood one summery Friday evening on the hill was a definite highlight. St Vincent in 2014 was fantastic too. 

The Park as a location is my favourite area, and the bonus is so many bands I like to see, and am introduced to. Placid, the super furrys were great, and shock, horror, I'd never got round to listening to them previously (though I've seen Gruff in the crows nest, and now caught his multimedia tour up t'North). That was my big clash, Hot Chip v Gruff, so I left HC early, via the Alabama 3 into the Park.

In my laziness, I'd like a better sound up on the hill, as sometimes the other bars and tents interfere

Only band I saw there this year was Fat White Family on Sunday afternoon. But yeah, the right band/time there and it's bang on. Not really a fan of evening gigs there, although enjoyed Dizzee> Pete Doherty back in whenever,  love the lunchtime vibe there (Pictish Trail, Rockingbirds, Courtney Barnett have been highlights), but the single best thing I've seen there was that Pulp gig, fuck even thinking about it now gives me goosebumps. Was magic.

The Park is great. I've camped up by there my last few festivals. V chill atmosphere. And yeah there's no beating Pulp's set. The sound doesn't always travel well tho - was pretty excited for Rodriguez and ended up leaving because we couldn't hear a fucking thing. To headline Joanna Newsom would be nice... and Conor Oberst please

Edited by somecoolusername