Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

KOL wasn't too great, but In Rainbows (that must be quite a few years back now?) was fantastic.

I think that Hail to the thief and In Rainbows are fantastic albums, KOL was not to my taste (I never really got on with Kid A and Amnesiac either) so I'd be hoping for something more in that direction.

I regularly stick the In the basement performance of In rainbows on youtube, it really brings home the quality of the musicianship on that record to see them perform it like that.

35 minutes ago, russycarps said:

has there been any clues what the new album will be like? I mean electronic, guitar-y etc?

They were certainly working with an orchestra for a while. Whether that was just for Spectre or will impact on the album remains to be seen.

But yeah the timing of these announcements definitely makes it very likely that material will drop any day now. What a time to be alive. Still excited as I am for that I think the prospect of seeing them live makes me even giddier - it'd be wonderful if it was at Glastonbury, dream gig right there, but any UK dates will do.

Edited by Mash011

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

has there been any clues what the new album will be like? I mean electronic, guitar-y etc?

Thom played 2 new songs on acoustic last month, quite political/environmentally minded but clearly can't tell what they will sound like on the album.

40 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

But they are big friends of Glasto, surely they'd jump at the chance to do this rather than anything else?

Thom had a problem with being the 'house band' didn't he? I think 13 years after the last headline appearance is long enough though.

I hope they do it but for some reason I can't see it...