Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

Last night was incredible, like spinning plates in just beautiful and was a really amazing surprise.

The new songs just slip into the set so well.

random moment of the night was my friends noticing Niall from 1 direction at the right hand of the stage who said he was bored. Further proof 1 direction are completely evil.

i saw Niall in a bar after the gig on Friday! i was bladdered and stuck my phone in his face to take a photo and he told me to fuck off. bored though? what a bell

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, weirdforces said:

A question mark is behind Just; I wish they had played it! My highlights were Present Tense, Identikit, Spinning Plates, surprisingly The Gloaming and 2+2=5. Shout out to @Limpet for the ticket and to @ThomZorke for enduring my massive fangirling :P

image.jpeg

That's twice now that Just has been on the set list and not played. And Arpeggi was dropped for Android. Weird. Wonder what they base those decisions on?

Yeah last night was very good. Not as good as Amsterdam night 2, better than the first night there, setlist seemed better on the other London nights.

But even so, there was so many great songs in the mix. Burn the Witch keeps getting better and better live. CUTW and LSP were treats and they played the song I really wanted to hear - 2+2=5. Shame they didn't add on another song after those idiots ruined GUTG. Could've done with a Bends track to round things off too. 

It seemed like they played what they felt like in the moment, but who knows what they base their decisions on..

If anyone is tech-savvy enough to find out what these QR codes lead to, which were projected during one of the songs, they might give a hint to whether they play at Glasto haha *putting the foil hat on*

image.jpeg

31 minutes ago, weirdforces said:

A question mark is behind Just; I wish they had played it! My highlights were Present Tense, Identikit, Spinning Plates, surprisingly The Gloaming and 2+2=5. Shout out to @Limpet for the ticket and to @ThomZorke for enduring my massive fangirling :P

image.jpeg

Oh my god we could've got (Nice Dream) and Weird Fishes and got Nude and Paranoid Android instead :(

Yeah setlist not as good to my tastes as other nights but still absolutely loved every song. They could probably play Mumford songs and I'd be happy.

Now for Glastonbury and NOS then hopefully a mega tour next year.

Edited by cammie81

32 minutes ago, weirdforces said:

It seemed like they played what they felt like in the moment, but who knows what they base their decisions on..

If anyone is tech-savvy enough to find out what these QR codes lead to, which were projected during one of the songs, they might give a hint to whether they play at Glasto haha *putting the foil hat on*

image.jpeg

I've tried a few things and they don't appear to be proper QR codes.

Finally back home after leaving the house yesterday at around 6 am!  I'll echo the sentiment that others have of this perhaps being the weakest of the three London set-lists (especially gutted at the lack of Reckoner) but it was still an absolute joy to be there and my sleep deprived state actually seems more than justified!

Highlights for me were probably Decks Dark, Lucky, Identikit, Bodysnatchers and 2 + 2 = 5.

1 hour ago, weirdforces said:

image.jpeg

Was a really fun night. Not my favourite of setlists but it had 2+2 which I lost my shit at (apologies to everyone's feet that I jumped on as I danced like a loon). And despite my pre-gloaming bashing, on the night it was a monster live. Thanks to @weirdforces and @ThomZorke for putting up with my rather inebriated state of mind. Hope to see the pair of you at Glastonbury... at the pyramid stage before Adele fingers crossed!

I have had a seriously emotional few days (literally, everything has happened.),with the Radiohead gig at the centre of it. Gonna be a few days I'll never forget. So glad so many of you had a great time too. T x

Great gig last night!

For me personally, this was the best of the London setlists. After I first saw Radiohead at Manchester in 08, I made a mental list of 5 songs I would love to hear live in the future. Leeds Festival 2009 unexpectedly gave me 2 of those: Morning Bell and Wolf at the Door. Last night gave me Climbing Up the Walls and Like Spinning Plates. Back to back. I was ecstatic. Only Where I End and You Begin left from the list now. Glastonbury?!

Ful Stop and Identikit were immense live. Lucky is my favourite Radiohead song so glad they played that. 2+2=5 followed by There There was also a definite highlight. Not sure what happened with Give Up the Ghost. Thom was pulling faces and everyone was laughing. Sounded fine to me!

Now to spend my journey back catching up on this thread, and listening to AMSP.

Edited by Lubic87

Last night was awesome, really loved the setlist (2+2=5, There There, CUTW and Paranoid :D:D). 

Highlights were 'Daydreaming', which was so beautiful and 'Ful Stop' which was very intense! The crowd were on top form too (except during Give Up The Ghost :lol:). 

The only slight disappointment was not getting Reckoner but hopefully they play it at NOS!

Man that other Radiohead thread has turned into something else entirely. Much prefer this one...it's become my haven :)

I'm so glad everyone had a good time last night. It's a shame they didn't play Reckoner. I'd love to know why they are refusing to make that song a staple on this tour. I get they want to mix it up, but for me that definitely should be a staple.

I wonder why they haven't played Just yet? It's been on two set lists now. I felt sure they would bang it out last night.

Driving back now trying to digest everything from last night.

The band sound better then ever, thom is sounding great especially on Nude. I joked with my friend when the piano about spinning plates and was so pleased I was right. I've never heard that live so it was an unexpected bonus. 

Lucky was sang so loud by the crowd who were into every song. The new stuff just slots it perfectly and seamlessly.

Thom just looked the most relaxed I've seen him in quite a while. Really at ease and outgoing. Just a band that is still thriving and enjoying themselves. 

Didn't look like a band that knew this was the end but more of a band who are very happy in the moment. 

Hoping for a big 2017 tour as that album deserves to be heard by so many more people.