Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redwinevino

Radiohead touring in 2016

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

Just had marathon red wine and Radiohead session. Truly fantastic band. The Bends easily peak of their powers, perfect album.

 

pS don't want disagreeing with ok

They are like, my two favourite things. You just lived the dream man... THE DREAM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Let Down and The Bends are the two greatest songs of all time.

Its the bit in Let Down where the whole song kinda comes apart and coaleses again. 

The Bends is not even the best song on The Bends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Its the bit in Let Down where the whole song kinda comes apart and coaleses again. 

The Bends is not even the best song on The Bends.

Yeah that bit. Gives me the tears.

Tbh The Bends was never even in my Radiohead top 5 but I started to love it not long ago. The outro is a madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Let Down and The Bends are the two greatest songs of all time.

OK Computer isn't my favourite Radiohead album, but in the right frame of mind Let Down isn't only my favourite Radiohead song, it's my favourite of all the songs.

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Its the bit in Let Down where the whole song kinda comes apart and coaleses again. 

The Bends is not even the best song on The Bends.

Yes, that's the bit. The part with the two Thoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let Down us indeed a small miracle of a tune, cropping up unexpectedly towards the end of side A, where a lot of bands tend to bring out their dead.

Toots' s version maybe inches out the original, mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

1. Let Down us indeed a small miracle of a tune, cropping up unexpectedly towards the end of side A, where a lot of bands tend to bring out their dead.

2. Toots' s version maybe inches out the original, mind.

1. I like that some of us in here still view / buy / play / rate LPs and their coherence and relative merit in terms of 'sides'. This makes me happy.

2. Is that that reggae covers album thing wot got done (with a clever name)? If so, I might try it.

 

Also, tonight I'm ordering CDs of classic albums converted into 'baby music' for Woffling#5. There's Radiohead ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Woffy said:

Upvoted and acknowledged.

Even the most po-faced give-me-challenging-music amongst us will drop in a Bends reference from time to time.

I have more sympathy with the statement "The Bends is entry level" than any actual human should, but there are some fantastic things on it. The opening of Planet Telex is so visual sounding. I have no way of expressing it, but it makes me feel like I'm seeing it, an effect I rarely get so strongly. Not anything in the real world that I could describe, but visual nevertheless.

There are far more interesting things going on in their later work, but The Bends is simply a really, really good album, even if I don't listen to it very often.

Pablo Honey can fuck right off though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Even the most po-faced give-me-challenging-music amongst us will drop in a Bends reference from time to time.

I have more sympathy with the statement "The Bends is entry level" than any actual human should, but there are some fantastic things on it. The opening of Planet Telex is so visual sounding. I have no way of expressing it, but it makes me feel like I'm seeing it, an effect I rarely get so strongly. Not anything in the real world that I could describe, but visual nevertheless.

There are far more interesting things going on in their later work, but The Bends is simply a really, really good album, even if I don't listen to it very often.

Pablo Honey can fuck right off though.

Don't diss Lurgee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johanna Le Cocq (i shit you not) states on the Youtube comments for the first googled search for Lurgee that Pablo Honey is their best album. So it must be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CoS_Alex guy on Reddit that has recently assured stuff about the LCD reunion and SWISH coming out in February said earlier that Radiohead would be doing shows in America this summer. Guessing that seeing as COS know, it would be a festival or two like Lollapalooza or something. Assuming that'll be where the tour starts, it could be good for UK Radiohead shows in autumn/winter, unless they leave it for the back end of the tour again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The CoS_Alex guy on Reddit that has recently assured stuff about the LCD reunion and SWISH coming out in February said earlier that Radiohead would be doing shows in America this summer. Guessing that seeing as COS know, it would be a festival or two like Lollapalooza or something. Assuming that'll be where the tour starts, it could be good for UK Radiohead shows in autumn/winter, unless they leave it for the back end of the tour again.

absolute motherfuckers if they're going to America first. fingers crossed them possibly doing big festivals over there means they're willing to come back to Glastonbury. 14 years (by next year) is too fucking long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FloorFiller said:

absolute motherfuckers if they're going to America first. fingers crossed them possibly doing big festivals over there means they're willing to come back to Glastonbury. 14 years (by next year) is too fucking long

Their tours usually start in America save for a few UK promotional thingies.

You probably already know my thoughts on them headlining Glastonbury again :P but yes I think that they'll probably start the ball rolling the second half of this year and be at a bunch of European festivals next year, perhaps with a UK festival in there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The CoS_Alex guy on Reddit that has recently assured stuff about the LCD reunion and SWISH coming out in February said earlier that Radiohead would be doing shows in America this summer. Guessing that seeing as COS know, it would be a festival or two like Lollapalooza or something. Assuming that'll be where the tour starts, it could be good for UK Radiohead shows in autumn/winter, unless they leave it for the back end of the tour again.

I bet they won't headline, but one of the members'll be involved in this year's glastonbury in some way or another. Maybe like a DJ set or secret set or whatever. It's gotta happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bestival is a strong possibility for them this year if they were to play a UK festival, good place to start off then some shows in the winter then maybe Glastonbury in 2017?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Radiohead putting tour plans together right now, just in time for Adele to change her mind and open up a slot in the Glastonbury line up. It's perfect, I'm telling you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Radiohead putting tour plans together right now, just in time for Adele to change her mind and open up a slot in the Glastonbury line up. It's perfect, I'm telling you.

I hope you're right ... I don't understand why so many people want to see Adele...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

I hope you're right ... I don't understand why so many people want to see Adele...

Might be something to do with her being the biggest female artist in the world 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×