Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst this is indescribably exciting, it comes with a slight qualification for me. I've never seen them, despite loving them for years - just never happened. So, I'd love my first Radiohead set to be at Glastonbury. But, assuming they tour pre-Glastonbury, I'll defo go to see them, as my 14 year old Radiohead obsessed youngest is desperate to see them, and I'd want to take him.

Then again, I get to see them at GF and with my boy. So it's win-win. Stop whining, man.

Ben

Whilst this is indescribably exciting, it comes with a slight qualification for me. I've never seen them, despite loving them for years - just never happened. So, I'd love my first Radiohead set to be at Glastonbury. But, assuming they tour pre-Glastonbury, I'll defo go to see them, as my 14 year old Radiohead obsessed youngest is desperate to see them, and I'd want to take him.

Then again, I get to see them at GF and with my boy. So it's win-win. Stop whining, man.

Ben

I've come close to seeing them at Glastonbury several times. Firstly, I decided to see Primal Scream instead in 1997, a decision I regretted as soon as I got back to camp and saw the faces of everyone who saw them.

Next, I had just started a new job in 2003 and my boss wanted to make a stupid point about the 'responsibilities of my role' by not letting me have Glastonbury off because of 'month end processes'. This was despite the guy who trained me being very happy to cover and the request going in months earlier. Never forgiven. Radiohead played.

Next, I decided to set a date for my wedding in June, since I knew it was a fallow year. Michael went and moved it. Radiohead played.

I'd never seen them live, so went to see them on the KOL tour, and could only get seated. Tried to swap with a mate with standing who wanted to sit, but despite talking to a series of jobsworths, no cigar.

They were still good sat down, but what I really want is to see them properly - on the Pyramid at Worthy Farm. Will this be the year, or will I miss them again? I'm almost frightened to hope, I've been wanting to see them in an unconstrained environment for so many years now.

Fingers crossed.

EDIT: there's also a story about the Thom and Jonny set at The Park, but it's not for sharing on a public forum ;)

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Be lovely to see Radiohead at Glastonbury again. Just realised that I have only ever seen them at festivals so think I might see them on the tour in a building. I bet they are fantastic in one of them.

There'll be a lot of IT consultants waking up in wet beds tomorrow morning.

I liked them when I saw them headline Leeds. Not listened to them on record ever, but I could be tempted to go along.

I'll probably be waking up with a wet bed tomorrow, but I'm a student not an IT consultant.

i think I'm tempted to say GETOFFAMYLAWN to you with that remark in the second paragraph, but I'll give you the chance to listen to them first.