Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Would they even get a crowd at R&L these days? Probably end up like The Cure in 2012, with the Main Stage sparsely populated by day ticket holders and the NME tent overflowing.

Probably not tbh. If it's true they pulled out this year it does seem like it would have been an odd booking. Then again judging by their headliners this year they are probably scraping the barrel.

31 minutes ago, Idioteque18 said:

Oh, and might as well tell you lot, Emily Eavis as you all probably well know has just recently started following Colin Greenwood on twitter. 

Has an 'X followed y on Twitter' story ever been followed by actual news? :P

How has this thread slipped to the second page on the eve of the big day?!

So we're thinking special guests before Adele and not RH specifically announced? 

I think if we get set times too that could be a big indication. If the special guest gets 90 minutes it's probably safe to assume it's something big. 

I really hope Radiohead are just announced tomorrow and all this speculation is over. Maybe they were waiting for them to play those London shows so one of the band-bookers could go down to it to see if they're worthy for the big glastonbury crowds. And maybe Radiohead knew and that's why they've been playing more of The Bends/OK Computer material than their last tour.

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

I really hope Radiohead are just announced tomorrow and all this speculation is over. Maybe they were waiting for them to play those London shows so one of the band-bookers could go down to it to see if they're worthy for the big glastonbury crowds. And maybe Radiohead knew and that's why they've been playing more of The Bends/OK Computer material than their last tour.

You think Radiohead needed to audition before being booked?

I really hope they play now after getting stuck into the album since its release. I've not really been that fussed about them since Kid A, give or take a few off In Rainbows but I'm desparate to see them live again. 

His voice seems to be in a better fettle after those videos from the first night.

19 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Hoping this is some sort of parody account. 

Unsure if I should laugh or cry 

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Word reaching me that Radiohead were booked, but the festival cancelled them after they made a pie of Give Up The Ghost.

Hopefully glastonbury will get over the fact that they aren't even signed to a major label yet and finally get them to play. I've heard they're quite big here in the UK.

Edited by Acid_Haze

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Do you think the Libertines being kept almost secret last year could be an indication of the plans for Radiohead?

They might well do that but I don't think the Libertines deal last year would influence the decision. The Libertines were kept secret by necessity rather than choice. If RH are kept secret I think there will be a separate reason for it rather than following on from the Libertines situation.

21 minutes ago, jparx said:

They might well do that but I don't think the Libertines deal last year would influence the decision. The Libertines were kept secret by necessity rather than choice. If RH are kept secret I think there will be a separate reason for it rather than following on from the Libertines situation.

Only comparison I can think of is the Eavii got wind of how much attention the speculation over the Special Guests got and fancy replicating it. Good publicity.

2 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

how on earth does stuff like this get posted on EFests...?

2 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Hopefully glastonbury will get over the fact that they aren't even signed to a major label yet and finally get them to play. I've heard they're quite big here in the UK.

Someone told me in passing they had sold out 3 nights at the roundhouse in seconds AND had a new number 1 album..... Surprising really thought I knew a lot about music but I've never heard of The Radioheads - damn right they should audition :P