Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

3 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Went to the pub before hand and got chatting to someone who is a fellow Glastonbury goer (never did ask if they were on here!) they said that on Thursday apparently Thom responded to Glastonbury heckles - is that true or is it bullshit?

Didn't think so tbh. There were heckles but there wasn't a clear response 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Last night was incredible. Wish I was brave enough to meet up with fellow eFests folk but oh well.

Loved the set list, they also seemed to be enjoying themselves on stage to. Endin on Karma Police was a shock, I thought we were going to get one more song but perfect ending. Plenty of crowd pleasers to. Daydreaming was beautiful - silences all around. Love the live version of Ful Stop but Burn The Witch is better with strings. 

Pretty cool venue is Roundhouse as well.  

I am sure others who went last night will put together a better summary then me! 

Went to the pub before hand and got chatting to someone who is a fellow Glastonbury goer (never did ask if they were on here!) they said that on Thursday apparently Thom responded to Glastonbury heckles - is that true or is it bullshit?

2 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Didn't think so tbh. There were heckles but there wasn't a clear response 

Someone said he said "can't you just wait a week" (or words to that effect) in response to something from the crowd, and that some people had been shouting about Glasto, so potentially.

Last night was fucking incredible. Not the perfect setlist for me without Reckoner but that run from The National Anthem to Street Spirit was amazing.

They need to be playing Glasto.

Daydreaming works so well live i think it may actually have been my favourite off of the new album.

Edited by gluther

Astonishing. I'd like hard evidence they are actually human. Airbag!!! No Surprises, Glass Eyes (& Identikit, and all the AMSP tracks), Street Spirit, Weird Fishes, Karma Police (compete with extra singalong chorus from Thom on acoustic). Great visuals, great sound (where I was, 5m in front of mixing desk), great crowd. Bumping into @bennyhana22 & @CHRLY for eFests banter at the end to top it off. A truly superb night. 

13 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Bumped into Brave sir Robins mate in the bogs, my eFests spot for the day....quite drunk 

Ha ha! Nice! He's a lurker here, and a legend. How did you identify him?

16 hours ago, gluther said:

Cheers. Another question, does anyone know how strict the roundhouse is about putting bags in the cloakroom? Website says try to avoid it but at this point it would be preferable

I was a bit worried about this. Bought my rucksack in and kept it with me, it was absolutely fine. In fact inadvertently smuggled in a Sainsburys sandwich & a bottle of Punk!

Pretty disappointed tbh. Very quiet, lacking even set staples like Lotus Flower and Reckoner. The end of the main set was amazing but I think I've come to the realisation they're always gonna play more songs I don't wanna hear than do. Radiohead gigs are for 40 year old men bellowing along to the fairly average Karma Police it seems. I totally don't get the love for the new album, only Ful Stop sounded any good. Kid A was incredible though.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Astonishing. I'd like hard evidence they are actually human. Airbag!!! No Surprises, Glass Eyes (& Identikit, and all the AMSP tracks), Street Spirit, Weird Fishes, Karma Police (compete with extra singalong chorus from Thom on acoustic). Great visuals, great sound (where I was, 5m in front of mixing desk), great crowd. Bumping into @bennyhana22 & @CHRLY for eFests banter at the end to top it off. A truly superb night. 

Ha ha! Nice! He's a lurker here, and a legend. How did you identify him?

I discussed this thread with someone and he turned around and said 'my mates on that loads, Brave Sir Robin' I think I said 'is he the one that does the Spotify stuff?' Then we parted ways 

Wow, last night was fantastic. Not my dream setlist but it never was going to be, Street Spirit was just amazing. Kid A too! Hope all those who went last night enjoyed it as much as me, and although I didn't get a ticket, fingers crossed they're at Glastonbury for all you who couldn't get tour tickets!

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Someone said he said "can't you just wait a week" (or words to that effect) in response to something from the crowd, and that some people had been shouting about Glasto, so potentially.

That's exactly what this guy said. He seemed convinced they would be playing! For many reasons but mainly because it seems to suggest they would be announced in a week. I'll take that. Most people I've spoken to about Glastonbury seem to be leaning the way of the sub slot. Likely browsers of this forum. 

15 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

That's exactly what this guy said. He seemed convinced they would be playing! For many reasons but mainly because it seems to suggest they would be announced in a week. I'll take that. Most people I've spoken to about Glastonbury seem to be leaning the way of the sub slot. Likely browsers of this forum. 

That's quite promising how two separate people gave the same account of it! I didn't pay much attention to the story at first but now someone else is saying they heard the same thing...

Forgot to say last night, but whilst we were in the queue yesterday we got talking about the anti-touting measures. One of the Roundhouse staff overheard us and gleefully informed us that someone the day before bought a ticket from a tout for £3,000 and subsequently got turned away at the door as his name wasn't on the ticket. Such sweet justice.

1 minute ago, zero000 said:

Forgot to say last night, but whilst we were in the queue yesterday we got talking about the anti-touting measures. One of the Roundhouse staff overheard us and gleefully informed us that someone the day before bought a ticket from a tout for £3,000 and subsequently got turned away at the door as his name wasn't on the ticket. Such sweet justice.

To be honest I feel sorry that person that paid 3 grand and the tout actually has his money. Amazed that there didn't know the rules when there paid 3 grand though.

7 minutes ago, zero000 said:

There's no justic there :( Feel for the guy who bought the ticket. 

The least you can do if you are selling tickets like that is make sure you take the buyer into the venue.

then again these guys have no morals at all. Scumbags

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I have no sympathy for the bloke. If you're idiotic enough to pay £3k for a gig, which has widely been advertised as having stringent anti-touting measures, you're a moron with more money than sense.

I agree but sadly the tout has won which hurts a little 

Haven't visited this thread for over a week to avoid spoilers, but am on the train to London now, and am very, very excited.

Only thing I know is that they played Creep and 2+2=5 at some point (cheers for that NME). 

Will have a lot of catching up to do on the journey back tomorrow!

5 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Haven't visited this thread for over a week to avoid spoilers, but am on the train to London now, and am very, very excited.

Only thing I know is that they played Creep and 2+2=5 at some point (cheers for that NME). 

Will have a lot of catching up to do on the journey back tomorrow!

They didn't play either of those last night when I was there, so I reckon you might get one tonight