Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Would be pretty cool but the problem is the crowd would be pretty disinterested. They'd have to have at least a semi-regular flow of recognisable songs through the set for that to not be getting case.

True. But that didn't bother them in 2010. Even if they broke it up like on this tour, and played 3-4 songs each time...

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a headache this morning, but last night was... really fucking good.

Loved Daydreaming (you could have heard a pin drop in the crowd during that song), Myxymatosis, Idioteque, Street Spirit, Weird Fishes and of course Karma Police to finish.

My only gripe was how weak Burn The Witch sounded without a string section. Hopefully they'll get on in for GF.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

My only gripe was how weak Burn The Witch sounded without a string section. Hopefully they'll get on in for GF.

Aye Burn the Witch really needs those strings. The live version without them just doesn't quite do it. If they're on before Adele then they'll surely have the full shebang 

14 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

No but they weren't playing a Pyramid sub slot before Adele...

Say they get 15 songs for the sake of argument, I reckon 5 would be off the new album, 1 from TKOL, 2 from In Rainbows, 2 from HTTT, 2 from Kid A, 2 from OKC and one from either The Bends, Amnesiac or Creep.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Say they get 15 songs for the sake of argument, I reckon 5 would be off the new album, 1 from TKOL, 2 from In Rainbows, 2 from HTTT, 2 from Kid A, 2 from OKC and one from either The Bends, Amnesiac or Creep.

Burn the Witch, Daydreaming, Ful Stop, Identikit, The Numbers

Lotus Flower

Reckoner, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

There There, Myxomatosis

Idioteque, Everything in its Right Place

Paranoid Android, Airbag

Street Spirit 

Works for me.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Lotus Flower

There There, Myxomatosis

Paranoid Android, Airbag

Street Spirit 

Works for me.

Ah I was trying to avoid starting the whole 'Glastonbury setlist' lists again but you had to go and do it! :P

That's exactly what I was thinking tbh. 

Of course what will actually happen is we'll get Tinker Tailor instead of Ful Stop, Bloom instead of Reckoner and Gloaming instead of Myxo.

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Lotus Flower

There There, Myxomatosis

Paranoid Android, Airbag

Street Spirit 

Works for me.

Fuck that looks really good. 

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bit of a headache this morning, but last night was... really fucking good.

Loved Daydreaming (you could have heard a pin drop in the crowd during that song), Myxymatosis, Idioteque, Street Spirit, Weird Fishes and of course Karma Police to finish.

I was there last night and agree that BTW was weak. However in Amsterdam last weekend I thought it was probably the most powerful song. To be honest I thought the sound last night was far too quiet generally. 

And a personal moan that they didn't play Reckoner or There There.

Karma Police was bloody great though, probably my fave time seeing that since Glasto 03. 

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Why has Radiohead gone back to unknown day :(

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, tho more about thinking ahead than now.

I realised that if RH aren't announced for the Pyramid it's likely to be assumed that the chances of RH are zero - when I don't think that's the case. I remain confident they'll play somewhere, even if it's not the Pyramid.

I still think they'll probably play before Adele - tho that's more about the accumulative effect of lots of bits of uncertain info than specific knowledge, more of a feeling. I shouldn't be putting bands in slots on the basis of a feeling rather than specific knowledge.

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Can anyone else see them coming out and doing a Reading '09 at Glastonbury? Smashing through a storming greatest hits set

I actually can. There are easily enough of them in rotation and imagine the press it'll get if they do an unannounced set and smash through a set full of Creep, Just, No Surprises, etc.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Ah I was trying to avoid starting the whole 'Glastonbury setlist' lists again but you had to go and do it! :P

That's exactly what I was thinking tbh. 

Of course what will actually happen is we'll get Tinker Tailor instead of Ful Stop, Bloom instead of Reckoner and Gloaming instead of Myxo.

Haha I almost picked The Gloaming as I was trying to be realistic (hence no Let Down). Bloom is a banger but yeah instead of Reckoner would just be classic Radiohead.

11 hours ago, Voucher Boy said:

Nope your wrong. A bell end with a phone in the air in front of others are still a bell end.  

I've never seen a gig on YouTube and thought it was worth being that person with a phone in front of their face. 

Either enjoy a live gig or listen to the Lp but a shit stream is still a shit stream. 

You joyless person. 

I meant that the technology that that means someone can stream a gig on their mobile phone live across the world is amazing.

Her phone wasn't in the air or in front of her face. She was high on the balcony and watched the gig whilst pointing her phone down to the stage.

For those of us who didn't get tickets, it was great. And it wasn't a dodgy stream, sound quality was very good.

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I actually can. There are easily enough of them in rotation and imagine the press it'll get if they do an unannounced set and smash through a set full of Creep, Just, No Surprises, etc.

Yeah exactly, it'd be a bit of an anticlimax if they turned up unannounced as special guests and went through a load of obscure stuff to a largely disinterested crowd.

Last night was incredible. Wish I was brave enough to meet up with fellow eFests folk but oh well.

Loved the set list, they also seemed to be enjoying themselves on stage to. Endin on Karma Police was a shock, I thought we were going to get one more song but perfect ending. Plenty of crowd pleasers to. Daydreaming was beautiful - silences all around. Love the live version of Ful Stop but Burn The Witch is better with strings. 

Pretty cool venue is Roundhouse as well.  

I am sure others who went last night will put together a better summary then me! 

Went to the pub before hand and got chatting to someone who is a fellow Glastonbury goer (never did ask if they were on here!) they said that on Thursday apparently Thom responded to Glastonbury heckles - is that true or is it bullshit?

16 minutes ago, arteet said:

I was there last night and agree that BTW was weak. However in Amsterdam last weekend I thought it was probably the most powerful song. To be honest I thought the sound last night was far too quiet generally. 

Thought BTW was great first night myself. Haunting and as someone Lee said menacing