Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I got there at 6.10. There were 500 people queuing. So I joined. 3 mates found me and we all got wristbands before entry. This made the entry system fairly quick once the doors opened at 7. Wasn't a crush. We were 8 from the front. No pressure, no barging. We had a beer too, no queue. Stood in our place through the support and Radiohead. Didn't move. Beer after in the downstairs bar, again little in the way of waiting. The whole experience was great. And as for that setlist! Who could reasonably ask for more? 

The whole roundhouse experience was great, it was my first time at the venue... but am I the only person who thought the sound was terrible for much of the gig? Bass does not travel well in the roundhouse. I feel elated that I saw an incredible set by probably my favourite band tonight, but upset that some of it was just inaudible. Moving to the back of the crowd did improve things, but what the fuck.... I hope they sort it out for tomorrow.

Edited by Jugtanion

So I've been to Amsterdam 2 and Roundhouse 1. If the sound was poor it must have been about position because It was great where I stood about 15 feet in front of sound desk to the left hand side. 

Roundhouse experience great, not rammed, queues managed well, bit slow leaving. The crowd were immeasurably better than Amsterdam and I think the band fed off that well. Given that we can never agree on the ideal setlist (right?) I think I've seen two that are as good as its likely to get. 

Big, big thanks to Neil for the page checker which enabled me to get tonight's tickets at around 9.30 this morning.

Is it true that Roundhouse members get a separate queue and are admitted to the main area earlier? 

If thats the case, its quite useless to lineup from earlier then?

can anyone who went today share a light on this? Can we buy the membership on the spot?

22 minutes ago, Jobseeker said:

What time did they finish last night? I've got a feeling I won't be making my 23:30 coach..

Going by the updates on here it was around 2300hrs I think. 

I'm in a similar boat, anyone know if there were any queues at Chalk Farm tube? 

4 minutes ago, hurdy said:

Ahem... err, any particular reason why you posted in this thread? 

because I think it's going to be Radiohead.

I don't know, but loads of stuff has been suggestive of that for a while, and put with the supposedly-certain info I had that they'd be playing, everything about it screams Radiohead to me.

Did you think i'd randomly posted it here or something? :P

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't know, but loads of stuff has been suggestive of that for a while, and put with the supposedly-certain info I had that they'd be playing, everything about it screams Radiohead to me.

Nah... Just wanted to hear you say it:D

Apologies for forgetting who, but someone asked if this page would get to 400 pages before the announcement. Since it now seems as though there actually will be a special guest before Adele and with two London shows left, I think getting to 400 pages is entirely realistic ;)

24 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yikes hope they accept my work staff pass, I don't have a passport at the moment

My rail card has my photo too, I'm sure it'll be fine...

I reckon show both mate and you will be ok, I saw someone yesterday showing a student card and they got in. The security bloke barely even looked at mine

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Holy shit, Neil! That made my stomach go funny*

It's not even 8.30am on a Friday yet!

*The power you have over my bowel movements is scary. ;-)