Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

58 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

my thoughts entirely on my take on the video - that RH are playing. I had no idea Skepta was even from Tottenham but I knew he wasn't from Oxford. No need to mention him at all  if only talking about Oxford bands.

1 hour ago, 5co77ie said:

If Eavis was throwing out Oxford bands then why mention Skepta - was that I was getting at - I wondered if he had some connection to Oxford. Hence me asking

he wasn't talking about Oxford bands in particular.

he mentions Underworld playing the festival. the guy hasn't heard of them. then he mentions Foals and says they're from Oxford as maybe the lad would know them , it being Oxford Uni (can't hear the lad's response). then he mentions Radiohead are from Oxford too as maybe the lad has heard of them, being a pretty big band (to audience chuckles). then he goes on to mention 2 other acts on the lineup.

the fact that the guy hadn't heard of Underworld makes it quite possible that he said he hadn't heard of Foals either.

if it was in Leicester Uni and they had a prominent Leicester band on the bill,  he might have named another big band from Leicester if he was aware of one.

it really isn't that complicated, I have no idea how people are getting confused by this.

Edited by ghostdancer1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

if it was in Leicester Uni and they had a prominent Leicester band on the bill,  he might have named another big band from Leicester if he was aware of one.

I see what you mean, say it was the year Kasabian headlined and the student hadn't heard of them he might've then mentioned...

....Showaddywaddy.

6 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

he wasn't talking about Oxford bands in particular.

he mentions Underworld playing the festival. the guy hasn't heard of them. then he mentions Foals and says they're from Oxford as maybe the lad would know them , it being Oxford Uni (can't hear the lad's response). then he mentions Radiohead are from Oxford too as maybe the lad has heard of them, being a pretty big band (to audience chuckles). then he goes on to mention 2 other acts on the lineup.

the fact that the guy hadn't heard of Underworld makes it quite possible that he said he hadn't heard of Foals either.

it really isn't that complicated, I have no idea how people are getting confused by this.

piss on the dream why don't you :P lol

ME mentions five bands, 4 are on the bill and the other one is Radiohead. Would you name drop ONE band that isn't announced for your festival in that context? Particularly Radiohead, a band with a rabid following. He's talking about bands on the lineup, not listing Oxford bands. If someone asked about Radiohead that's one thing, but to bring it up by himself is another. 

And again, the fact Michael starts talking about Radiohead later in the piece, saying they deserve another shot at Glastonbury, is perhaps even more noteworthy. It comes across as back tracking.

I don't think this is the final piece of the puzzle that confirms Radiohead, but it's definitely noteworthy and definitely worth talking about.

29 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Also, people aren't getting confused, they're interpreting what ME said differently from yourself, which isn't that surprising given how rambly the comments were.

22 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah I don't think anyone's confused by that interpretation; some just think it's more likely he mentioned them as they're playing.

a number of people have said they're confused as to why he would mention Radiohead if they're not playing.  he probably mentioned them because they were another band from Oxford that maybe the guy who asked the question might have heard of, given that he (seemingly) hadn't even heard of Foals.

it's not like he just plucked Radiohead out of the air, there's a clear link as to why he said them and not another act.

if he was in Sheffield Uni and the lad hadn't heard of Bring Me The Horizon (rather than Foals), he might have said "Pulp are from Sheffield too aren't they, do you like them"...

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

a number of people have said they're confused as to why he would mention Radiohead if they're not playing.  he probably mentioned them because they were another band from Oxford that maybe the guy who asked the question might have heard of, given that he (seemingly) hadn't even heard of Foals.

it's not like he just plucked Radiohead out of the air, there's a clear link as to why he said them and not another act.

if he was in Sheffield Uni and the lad hadn't heard of Bring Me The Horizon (rather than Foals), he might have said "Pulp are from Sheffield too aren't they, do you like them"...

I would lose all faith in him if he would not name check The Human League when in Sheffield.

Enough of our conjecture.  A room full of the some of the sharpest and keenest young minds on the entire planet, and not a single one chose to verbally pin down ME on whether Radiohead were actually playing or not.  Is that really the future of our country here???

Dont even get me started on Underworld.

6 minutes ago, Janaka said:

Enough of our conjecture.  A room full of the some of the sharpest and keenest young minds on the entire planet, and not a single one chose to verbally pin down ME on whether Radiohead were actually playing or not.  Is that really the future of our country here???

Dont even get me started on Underworld.

Maybe it was at Cowley Polytechnic.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Myxomatosis, Where I End and You Begin and Pyramid Song all played in soundcheck! :D 

Feral as well though, unfortunately...

They're determined to play Bloom, Lotus Flower and 2 other TKOL era songs a night by the looks of it. Bloom and Lotus Flower both sound great. Some nights will be lucky and those other 2 will be good ones, others will get something duff I reckon. 

Edited by arcade fireman