Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, jparx said:

6 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah pretty much. If Disclosure are Other Stage I can't see anyone else subbing Adele, unless LCD Soundsystem are weirdly in that slot.

What are the best Twitter feeds and people to follow for news whilst at the festival? Really don't like having to look at the internet constantly at Glastonbury, but will make an exception for Radiohead details. Have Berlin tickets too now.

New album is quite refreshing and soothing in many ways... Almost like a bunch of complex lullabies. Like the addition of true love waits.

I've been a week a late listening to the album after being off grid. I squinted on the download page to avoid seeing the track listing so True Love Waits came as a surprise! I was doing the washing up when 'I'll drooooown my beliefs' came over my headphones- 20 years in the making! 

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just booked parking for the Friday Roundhouse gig.

£10, which is pretty steep for just a few hours (not for London, I guess), but I have piece of mind that Child 3 and I won't have to fart about getting stressed and not finding anywhere. I really want to see Holly Herndon, so being late is not on my radar...

Ben

Am I the only one on here who's planning to queue up from mid afternoon?

5 hours ago, cammie81 said:

To those in the know, where is good for beers / food between Chalk Farm and Camden?

If you're getting there early and you're into real ale and proper pubs the bree louise by Euston is your best bet, but you are 30 mins walk from the roundhouse there. There's a nice Italian restaurant 2 mins from Camden station called goodfare which is family run and inexpensive. I'll be frequenting both places  on the Friday!

Edit completely misread the between chalk farm and Camden bit, so this is probably of no use!

Edited by russycarps

Didn't manage Roundhouse tickets but likely to just show up on the night and throw money at a tout (sigh). I remember my Dad got into Victoria Park by getting a ticket for just 20 quid in 2008 (!!!). Hoping to swoop in just as they are about to start and get one for a decent price.

4 hours ago, chestwig said:

What are the best Twitter feeds and people to follow for news whilst at the festival? Really don't like having to look at the internet constantly at Glastonbury, but will make an exception for Radiohead details. Have Berlin tickets too now.

New album is quite refreshing and soothing in many ways... Almost like a bunch of complex lullabies. Like the addition of true love waits.

Follow @secretglasto on Twitter

I think it's ran by people on here

Mate has just disclosed that he's not bothered about seeing them when we're at Primavera, and has already planned who he's seeing instead.

Have to admit, now swaying towards leaving half way through their set and catching Tortoise. 

Was listening to the new LSP album on my way into work this morning and a straw clutching thought occured to me...

LSP will play with a string section, Adele will almost certainly have one. Who else will be touring with strings and could play between them?

It's happening.

Edited by Hugh Jass

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was listening to the new LSP album on my way into work this morning and a straw clutching thought occured to me...

LSP will play with a string section, Adele will almost certainly have one. Who else will be touring with strings and could play between them?

It's happening.

homerpalooza3.png

9 minutes ago, Robofish said:

I'm relying on an unreliable +1 to turn up on time. When he arrives, we join the queue. It would be nice to not be too far away from the stage. Inside the pillars is preferable to oustide. 

Yeah that's my only concern really (being behind the pillars). I haven't been to the Roundhouse before but from the looks of it you can't really be that far away from the stage.

Just now, Room to sway said:

Yeah that's my only concern really (being behind the pillars). I haven't been to the Roundhouse before but from the looks of it you can't really be that far away from the stage.

The Roundhouse is a phenomenal venue. Best in London IMO. Seen a few big artists there (Arctic Monkeys, Pixies, Arcade Fire, Manics) and it's always great. You can see perfectly from anywhere as it's not that big at all, and it's round.