Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

It's happened before wayyyyyyyy back in the distant past. Jump in a time machine and set the dial to 2015 and you'll see a band sub the pyramid who wasn't on the initial poster (or any poster for that matter)

Oops! This is my first Glastonbury, so I was not aware of that. I stand corrected, though I still think it is a good theory.

It was very weird they didn't announce anything along with the single, I know they do everything different to everyone else but.. Yeah I'm hoping for a release tomorrow! Really like Burn the Witch, though first listen I didn't think much to it but it's definitely a grower. I wonder whether they'll tease us again or just drop it out of nowhere

21 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I still can't see it, but a Saturday night of Madness, TLSP, Radiohead, New Order sounds outstanding to me. 

Alan, I love you and your singular medal and punditry, but madness at Glastonbury is always better enjoyed with a small m. Xxx

39 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Alan, I love you and your singular medal and punditry, but madness at Glastonbury is always better enjoyed with a small m. Xxx

shearertdfcup.jpg

so apparently there's a Burn The Witch/Spectre 7" coming out 

I guess this makes LP9 coming out tomorrow a bit less likely, but not by much as the 7" is such a limited release. Still, I don't think it's gonna arrive tomorrow. It's unbelievable the only information about the album has been when it was mentioned in the festival press releases what Brian Message said, both of which have been sort of discredited (oh also know that they spent time in the French Studio)- probably read tomorrow 'radiohead to go back into studio September 2016' 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not just, nope.

interesting. assuming that this now places both Disclosure and LCD Soundsystem in Other Stage headliner spots (along with New Order and BMTH) are you inclined to think one is more likely than the other, or are you just as confused by it as the rest of us?

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

also even though it was starting to look increasingly unlikely anyway, what with their not being any new weird website stuff going on i'd say it's unlikely the album will be out today, unless they're planning on just dropping it out of nowhere

It's radiohead so God knows what there plan is.

An announcement would be good to keep the hype going. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

interesting. assuming that this now places both Disclosure and LCD Soundsystem in Other Stage headliner spots (along with New Order and BMTH) are you inclined to think one is more likely than the other, or are you just as confused by it as the rest of us?

amongst other things, I've discovered that the Loaded claim of BMTH headlining is not based on solid knowledge, so it looks like that has as much possibility of being right or wrong as some of the other ideas about who's playing where on that stage.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

amongst other things, I've discovered that the Loaded claim of BMTH headlining is not based on solid knowledge, so it looks like that has as much possibility of being right or wrong as some of the other ideas about who's playing where on that stage.

I'd be really pleased to have a better option on Sunday night than BMTH.  As it stands I'm waiting to see what the Park, WH and Glade have to offer, otherwise I'm closing my festival with Coldplay.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

christ i hope that means LCD slotting in above them on the Sunday rather than Disclosure being the Sunday and LCD being the Friday (or another scenario entirely). LCD vs Coldplay and Disclosure vs Muse makes so much more sense than the other way around

6 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I'd be really pleased to have a better option on Sunday night than BMTH.  As it stands I'm waiting to see what the Park, WH and Glade have to offer, otherwise I'm closing my festival with Coldplay.

The common consensus is it is Earth Wind and Fire at WH. Which is a better option than Coldplay / BMTH, but Im hoping the Park, Glade, Arcadia or JP throws up something big.

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

Check whats going on at the Bandstand before you make such a rash decision!