Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

2 hours ago, GlastoSimon said:

Would be a strange crowd, for sure. I can imagine it'd be an exaggerated version of the clusterfuck that was Nick Cave into Mumfords

Exaggerated? Radiohead are a massive, headline-sized band with several hits that the masses will know. Nick Cave is a terrifying bloke none of the Mumford crowd have ever heard of who ran around the stage/crowd shouting about fucking people in their "motherfucking ass" and shooting people in the head.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Foals > Sigur Ros

Radiohead > New Order

PJ Harvey > LCD Soundsystem

Utterly ridiculous and - bizarrely - not implausible 

Well, BMTH in between those two on Sunday, but it can be Beck subbing Pyramid so that we can do PJ Harvey > Beck > LCD Soundsystem.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

must be about time for the Adele/sunset/primetime BBC set with Radiohead on after theory again....

Agreed. Four headliners, Adele the least-standard-headline-type-music, said herself her music doesn't suit headlining, probably relies less on light show than Radiohead. She'd be the one to play earlier.

Nah I'm joking but it would be the best case scenario imo.

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Nick Cave is a terrifying bloke none of the Mumford crowd have ever heard of who ran around the stage/crowd shouting about fucking people in their "motherfucking ass" and shooting people in the head.

Did he put in as many miles as Dave Grohl? That's what a Mumford crowd wants to see, what a showman!

13 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Nick Cave is a terrifying bloke none of the Mumford crowd have ever heard of who ran around the stage/crowd shouting about fucking people in their "motherfucking ass" and shooting people in the head.

As I was walking along on that Sunday night, I heard one appalled festival goer say: 'Mumford were great but that Nick Cave guy shouldn't be at Glastonbury. It's not what the festival is about.'

I chortled.

I could see Radiohead on before Adele. It's the sort of left-field thing the organisers would do.

Given the way people usually pester Neil for information, I'm surprised this question hasn't been asked. So I'll do it.

Neil.. Is your hunch about playing before Adele based on something that puts Radiohead into the slot, or something that takes Disclosure out of it?

28 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Exaggerated? Radiohead are a massive, headline-sized band with several hits that the masses will know. Nick Cave is a terrifying bloke none of the Mumford crowd have ever heard of who ran around the stage/crowd shouting about fucking people in their "motherfucking ass" and shooting people in the head.

Well, BMTH in between those two on Sunday, but it can be Beck subbing Pyramid so that we can do PJ Harvey > Beck > LCD Soundsystem.

When I think about it that way, it really does rank right up there as my favourite set I've seen on the farm...

1 minute ago, Room to sway said:

How would Adele use up 90 minutes? Genuine question.

I looked at the last setlist she did (yesterday) and there are 18 songs, including encore. Given 4 minutes for each song that's only 72 minutes.

She probably does other things like speak. 18 songs isn't a small amount whatsoever for a 90 minute set.

2 minutes ago, Room to sway said:

I looked at the last setlist she did (yesterday) and there are 18 songs, including encore. Given 4 minutes for each song that's only 72 minutes.

She'll probably spend 20 minutes talking about how nervous she is and her pooing habits.

9 minutes ago, Room to sway said:

Don't know about the rest of her tour but the times for her Glasgow gig had her down as being on at 8pm and the gig finishing at 10:30pm, so even if she finished a bit earlier than that I imagine she still did at least two hours. 

58 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Nice way to keep the speculation going Neil...

but lets all be honest, it isn't going to happen. 

I'm covering my arse because I don't know anything for sure about RH, but I'm not suggesting they might be before Adele for no reason, or just to keep pointless speculation going.

I believe it's a genuine possibility for what's happening.

But if that's not happening, then I'm still with the idea they'll be playing a secret set - because someone who should know these things claims to know they're playing, and he's always been right previously.

28 minutes ago, incident said:

Given the way people usually pester Neil for information, I'm surprised this question hasn't been asked. So I'll do it.

Neil.. Is your hunch about playing before Adele based on something that puts Radiohead into the slot, or something that takes Disclosure out of it?

Both, tho the info for the first is more-vague-but-more-of-it - a not-unreasonable-assumption from the bits and pieces - than the info for the 2nd.