• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

it's ok. not great really. grand like.

however, "indie landfill"? :lol:

Yep, indie landfiill.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

file that next to: "Prince is heavy metal" in Neil's daft opinions on music :lol:

or alternatively, file that under your made up twattish bollocks that I never said. :rolleyes:

I said Prince live was bad heavy metal. Prince on record is bad 80s pop.

Go on, tell me the Little Red Corvette has deep lyrics. :P

55 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Go on, tell me the Little Red Corvette has deep lyrics. :P

Girl, you've got an ass like I've never seen, and the ride is so smooth, so smooth, you must be a limousine.

Who wants deep when you've got this poetry?

21 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

back on thread....

So, Radiohead have been listening to Steve Reich....

Steve Reich listens to (and works with) Radiohead too tbf 

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/sep/11/steve-reich-radiohead-interview-phillip-glass

For me overall Burn The Witch is good, but it ranks pretty low on my favourite RH tracks since OK computer. Orchestra wise I definitely prefer Harry Patch, Spectre, Pyramid Song. I find it kind of suffocating, there's no space anywhere on the track, maybe that's intentional though. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't on the album, although I know that's unlikely. 

Also, I might have just listened to it too much.

Edited by Chawk

28 minutes ago, jparx said:

I love the 'low flying panic attack' bit. That's fantastic. It's a shame the chorus isn't a bit bigger after it though.

I literally just listened again and thought the same. Thats a great lyrics about the low flying panic attack though. Overall I give it 8/10 after repeated listens purely as it sounds as though it is building towards something that never happens. Still bodes well for LP9 when it surfaces though.

3 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I literally just listened again and thought the same. Thats a great lyrics about the low flying panic attack though. Overall I give it 8/10 after repeated listens purely as it sounds as though it is building towards something that never happens. Still bodes well for LP9 when it surfaces though.

Completely unrelated, but do you think Puscifer could be at Glastonbury? :D

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

They're at a festival overseas :(

edit: I confused something, they're free and in Europe around the festival. I really hope they'll be there, otherwise I'll have to catch them for a hefty £40 in Manchester.

Edited by weirdforces

13 minutes ago, weirdforces said:

They're at a festival overseas :(

edit: I confused something, they're free and in Europe around the festival. I really hope they'll be there, otherwise I'll have to catch them for a hefty £40 in Manchester.

4am Hell Stage!

52 minutes ago, jparx said:

fuck yes, I think anything to do with Maynard James Keenan should be at Glastonbury! I saw they had the weekend free so I hope they play there, who knows where they'd fit in though?

I am well looking forward to seeing P at the Roundhouse, should be a great gig. Their new album is quality. I just want Tool back though :'(

Edited by mungo57

fuck yes, I think anything to do with Maynard James Keenan should be at Glastonbury! I saw they had the weekend free so I hope they play there, who knows where they'd fit in though?

I am well looking forward to seeing P at the Roundhouse, should be a great gig. Their new album is quality. I just want Tool back though :'(

Yeah that's the thing with Puscifer - they are good and I'm definitely a fan, but whenever they are active it just prolongs the TOOL return.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Yeah that's the thing with Puscifer - they are good and I'm definitely a fan, but whenever they are active it just prolongs the TOOL return.

Agreed there.

Although this is their first ever time touring outside the UK so I finally get to see them, so I don't mind. It seems Maynard is what's holding Tool up (surprise, surprise) as the rest of them seem to be playing together regularly trying to get an album together and from what I have heard, Maynard has been focused on his wine and Puscifer. ONE DAY!

Agreed there.

Although this is their first ever time touring outside the UK so I finally get to see them, so I don't mind. It seems Maynard is what's holding Tool up (surprise, surprise) as the rest of them seem to be playing together regularly trying to get an album together and from what I have heard, Maynard has been focused on his wine and Puscifer. ONE DAY!

Can you imagine if TOOL and Radiohead are both at Glastonbury next year :unsure:

16 minutes ago, weirdforces said:

What are the chances? A new album is apparently planned but they've been saying it for years. 

I guess they could always headline the Other stage. Put it this way - if Puscifer play and Maynard is impressed with Glastonbury then it could definitely happen. I reckon they'll headline Download instead though if they play any festivals. 

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

I guess they could always headline the Other stage. Put it this way - if Puscifer play and Maynard is impressed with Glastonbury then it could definitely happen. I reckon they'll headline Download instead though if they play any festivals. 

Radiohead Pyramid with Tool and NIN Other on the other two nights. The 2017 dream.