Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Radiohead sub Adele

Disclosure headline Friday Other

LCD Soundsystem headline Sunday Other above BMTH

Let's get back to the dream

god i want this to be true. Sigur Ros, Radiohead and LCD on consecutive nights. phwoaarr

1 minute ago, dingbat2 said:

I just cant see them playing under a psuedonym either, what would be the point of that? All that will happen is either people find out and you get the chaos/dangerous crowd which I don't think they could risk anymore. If noone works it out then they play to a tiny (probably unappreciative) crowd. Even if they did keep it secret, then as soon as they play the first note, then it will be all over social media, and you would get an abosolute stampede of people legging it to that stage. That would be even more dangerous than if it was announced

yeah that's a good point, and is pretty much what happened with their 2011 set so doesn't seem likely to happen. big secret set on one of the two big stages it is then!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

that would surely be a huge let down for fans of said smaller act? imagine a hoard of Stormzy fans turning up only to be greeted to a Radiohead set

Yeah, pretty bad idea really :)   I remember in the early days of The Park when it constantly used to run late, we turned up to see Dizzee Rascal and Franz Ferdinand (a much bigger band at the time) came on stage and said "Surprise!". To say @fatyeti24 was not amused would be putting it mildly!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

The fact that there hasn't been another major announcement or a second line poster is obviously becuase Glastonbury is waiting for Radiohead to announce their new album and don't want to interrupt the promional run up we are now all witnessing by stealing the headlines.

Otherwise the second poster would have been out by now. So it is certain they will be on the next poster .

And yes 2+2=5 when it comes to Radiohead and Glastonbury theories.  

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Pseudonyms are useless nowadays anyway. Every single one of the thousand acts on that bill will be researched online. It'll become obvious quickly if a billed act has no history or music attached to it.

If there's any band that will go to the lengths of creating a backstory and internet history for a fictitious band then it'll be Radiohead

I'm not saying that I believe Radiohead are subbing Adele, but I still don't think Disclosure will play that spot. Just seems weird to me. I think they will headline the Other on Friday. Whether that means LCD sub Adele, or it's someone else, who knows. I just think the Bastille into Disclosure rumour makes a lot of sense. 

And no, I have no idea where that would leave LCD :P I just think there's a swerve coming in terms of the acts already announced and their assumed positions on the bill. 

25 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

If they are playing then it surely has to be an announced set on a bigger stage? I just cant see anything else, especially because they have been strongly rumoured to play for so long. Social media has moved on a lot since the secret sets of 2011 – not least because of the good peeps from these forums - as soon as anyone gets a whiff of where and when then it will be all over the interweb/twitterspher. I just can’t see that it could be kept secret these days.. It would be chaos/dangerous if they were to play a smaller stage. It has to be a sub slot on the Pyramid a la Libs last year.

From reading between the lines of what's been said to me that remains a strong possibility, I think - tho I might be completely off-target with how I've read between the lines.

Something else someone different said to me suggested that was possible too ... tho Michael supposedly said recently that they're not playing, which is more suggestive of a secret set if they're playing at all.

Take your pick.

From the Daily Mash today:

THOM Yorke has confirmed his new album will be the perfect Ibiza soundtrack.

The next Radiohead release, rumoured to be called ‘Booze, Boogie and Banter’, will take the band in a new direction of uplifting Euro house and medleys of their favourite artists such as Roxette and Busted.

Yorke said: “This new one will really get the fans on their feet for a bit of a bop.”

Radiohead have been removing their presence from the internet, except for the bits where you can buy their stuff, and management say their new website, complete with Flash animations, sound effects and cartoon versions of band members, will be launched shortly.

Web designer Nikki Hollis said: “Thom was very clear on what he wanted – lots of bright colours, and fun interactive stuff like word searches and design-your-own album cover tools.”

Jedward have already been lined up to support them on their next tour and Yorke has promised that although they will play all the hits, they will be radically reworked to make them ‘more disco-friendly’.

Yorke added: “And it’s ‘Tommy’ Yorke from now on, thanks.”

1 minute ago, Glastoboy said:

The next Radiohead release, rumoured to be called ‘Booze, Boogie and Banter’, will take the band in a new direction of uplifting Euro house and medleys of their favourite artists such as Roxette and Busted.

Yorke said: “This new one will really get the fans on their feet for a bit of a bop.”

Radiohead have been removing their presence from the internet, except for the bits where you can buy their stuff, and management say their new website, complete with Flash animations, sound effects and cartoon versions of band members, will be launched shortly.

Web designer Nikki Hollis said: “Thom was very clear on what he wanted – lots of bright colours, and fun interactive stuff like word searches and design-your-own album cover tools.”

Jedward have already been lined up to support them on their next tour and Yorke has promised that although they will play all the hits, they will be radically reworked to make them ‘more disco-friendly’.

:P

12 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

So far

Ful stop and Burn the Witch sound fun

Identikit, Cut A Hole and The Present Tense sound meh 

Yay there's my hype ruined I can actually do some work now

people are assuming all these tracks are gonna be on the album because they previewed them on the last tour, but Radiohead have been known to preview tracks and then not release them until like 10+ years later (Nude and Reckoner for example) so i'd bet a bunch of those songs won't make the album (although they have alluded to a couple in previous tweets etc so it seems like some will)

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

people are assuming all these tracks are gonna be on the album because they previewed them on the last tour, but Radiohead have been known to preview tracks and then not release them until like 10+ years later (Nude and Reckoner for example) so i'd bet a bunch of those songs won't make the album (although they have alluded to a couple in previous tweets etc so it seems like some will)

I really don't think that's a wise assumption to make for the reasons you cited. I'd be surprised if Ful Stop and Burn the Witch aren't on the album, but I can't see them releasing an album consisting mostly of songs they have had knocking around for years and years. 

I was thinking earlier - can you imagine if the new album is a double album?! Don't think I could handle two CDs worth of new Radiohead material. 

20 minutes ago, Glastoboy said:

in real life, Idioteque was regularly heard on the island 15 years ago

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

I really don't think that's a wise assumption to make for the reasons you cited. I'd be surprised if Ful Stop and Burn the Witch aren't on the album, but I can't see them releasing an album consisting mostly of songs they have had knocking around for years and years. 

I was thinking earlier - can you imagine if the new album is a double album?! Don't think I could handle two CDs worth of new Radiohead material. 

I would settle for a normal length modern album rather than a big EP like the last one!

28 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

I don't know if this a joke or not...

Was it actually cause I so could see some djs playing it back then...?

No joke. Good dance tune is idioteque. It was on Dave Clarke's World Service album from around that time and that's about as techno as things get.