Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

1 minute ago, Vanderlyle said:

The ONLY negative here is that I imagine any sort of secret slot will be essentially to play the new album in full. Similar to Park back in (was it 2011?).

Will be very cool to see the new stuff. But a full 2 hours headline set with maybe 30-40 mins of new album would be even better.

This.  A million times over.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

The ONLY negative here is that I imagine any sort of secret slot will be essentially to play the new album in full. Similar to Park back in (was it 2011?).

Will be very cool to see the new stuff. But a full 2 hours headline set with maybe 30-40 mins of new album would be even better.

well yeah, and if they do any kind of set this year it all but rules them out of returning to headline next year which is a pisser, but i guess if they're adamant on not headlining again (which with the 13 year absence it looks like they might) but still want to appear in some form then i'm happy for them to do a smaller slot every now and again. it may not be what everybody wants, but it's better than them not playing at all

edit: although equally frustrating 

Edited by FloorFiller

13 minutes ago, jparx said:

Are these all different pieces of a music video do we reckon? With the full video dropping later today/tomorrow?

yep i think so - not sure if you saw the pictures earlier from jackknife's instagram (that were all deleted) but they looked just like the scenery used in these little clips

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

rumours beginning to circulate that they're gonna release the video in segments throughout the day. if you go to http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace the witch video is now at the front but if you hover over the left side the bird video is there too

http://imgur.com/H4CmLDS

Nice! There's definitely going to be a third piece to the right of the witch clip. 1 more clip in a few hours, full video this evening?!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Hopefully it happens when I'm done with work (looking for Radiohead news whilst attempting to work) the month of May / June is usually focused on Glastonbury acts. I think bands can learn a lot from building up the anticipation for an album release. 

This is exciting. Oh, I hope it's brilliant. I also somehow hope a Roundhouse ticket falls out the sky and lands on me as the chosen one.. I guess one is more likely than the other!

If they are playing then it surely has to be an announced set on a bigger stage? I just cant see anything else, especially because they have been strongly rumoured to play for so long. Social media has moved on a lot since the secret sets of 2011 – not least because of the good peeps from these forums - as soon as anyone gets a whiff of where and when then it will be all over the interweb/twitterspher. I just can’t see that it could be kept secret these days.. It would be chaos/dangerous if they were to play a smaller stage. It has to be a sub slot on the Pyramid a la Libs last year.

Just now, dingbat2 said:

If they are playing then it surely has to be an announced set on a bigger stage? I just cant see anything else, especially because they have been strongly rumoured to play for so long. Social media has moved on a lot since the secret sets of 2011 – not least because of the good peeps from these forums - as soon as anyone gets a whiff of where and when then it will be all over the interweb/twitterspher. I just can’t see that it could be kept secret these days.. It would be chaos/dangerous if they were to play a smaller stage. It has to be a sub slot on the Pyramid a la Libs last year.

the only way i can see it being pulled off on a smaller stage is if, like somebody else mentioned, they play under a different name opening a stage or something similar, but even then i'm sure people would find out about it or suspect something was afoot when they couldn't find any information on said band, especially when it comes to Radiohead who's fans are a tad obsessive (as i and many others on this thread have shown time and time again). hoping for a big set on the Pyramid myself. it may not be a headliner set with the lights etc but it'll be the closest we can hope to get

Just now, FloorFiller said:

the only way i can see it being pulled off on a smaller stage is if, like somebody else mentioned, they play under a different name opening a stage or something similar, but even then i'm sure people would find out about it or suspect something was afoot when they couldn't find any information on said band, especially when it comes to Radiohead who's fans are a tad obsessive (as i and many others on this thread have shown time and time again). hoping for a big set on the Pyramid myself. it may not be a headliner set with the lights etc but it'll be the closest we can hope to get

The only way I can think of left to play a really secret set is to be in cahoots with another known act who agrees for the bigger band to play instead of their billed set.  E.g Guy Garvey agrees for him to be billed, but Radiohead actually plays.

Which leaves the obvious question, why the fuck would the smaller act agree to such a thing?  I can't think of a better way to keep it secret, but it doesn't seem terribly likely to happen.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The only way I can think of left to play a really secret set is to be in cahoots with another known act who agrees for the bigger band to play instead of their billed set.  E.g Guy Garvey agrees for him to be billed, but Radiohead actually plays.

Which leaves the obvious question, why the fuck would the smaller act agree to such a thing?  I can't think of a better way to keep it secret, but it doesn't seem terribly likely to happen.

that would surely be a huge let down for fans of said smaller act? imagine a hoard of Stormzy fans turning up only to be greeted to a Radiohead set

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I just cant see them playing under a psuedonym either, what would be the point of that? All that will happen is either people find out and you get the chaos/dangerous crowd which I don't think they could risk anymore. If noone works it out then they play to a tiny (probably unappreciative) crowd. Even if they did keep it secret, then as soon as they play the first note, then it will be all over social media, and you would get an abosolute stampede of people legging it to that stage. That would be even more dangerous than if it was announced