Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah seems the majority of people on here got them for Friday (although I just had a tab open for each one and Friday was the one that got through - not a diddle from the other two)

Same here, got mine for Friday and not a sniff of the Thursday and Saturday tabs

2 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Thats the spirit!

Out if interest wheres the source for the rumoured o2 gigs? I can imagine theyll be in early 2017. 

I think I started that rumour. The person who called me was looking at the events page on the official Radiohead FB. The list of *previous* events doesn't mention the year and so there was confusion about the last o2 gigs.

Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, shorttooth said:

So basically I work somewhere which has incredibly high speed internet download and upload speeds. I was fairly confident of obtaining tickets. No joy whatsoever. Stuck on that holding page for 20-25 minutes before discovering all tickets had been sold out.

My question, and you may not have the answer, is does it affect my chances if I have pop-ups blocked. And also, how important is it to have the most up to date Java application. I have a feeling work computers sometimes inhibit the effectiveness of Java. For example when trying for the tickets earlier and waiting in the queue, I had no spinning arrows going round in a circle. But when I tried using 4G on my phone, I did,

Basically,come Friday, is it wiser to stay at home and try my luck on my own computer updated with Java etc. but with download speeds of only 25mps. Or is it better to try at work again with download speeds of 200 mbps.

Sorry if this is too technical. But I MUST get these tickets. What do we think?

the actual speed wont make any difference to you getting tickets or not, the speed of your internet only determines how fast you can download data, the tickets page will only be a couple of MB in size so any thing over 2mb/s will suffice

also your Java version shouldn't make a difference, I haven't seen the page but I can't think why it would be using Java

however you might want to stay at home just so your workmates don't see you cry if you don't get tickets

1 hour ago, shorttooth said:

For example when trying for the tickets earlier and waiting in the queue, I had no spinning arrows going round in a circle. But when I tried using 4G on my phone, I did,

I think the spinning arrows is just the mobile site. Because I had that on my phone and not my computer. Not that it made any difference as I didn't get tickets on either 

32 minutes ago, sloseph said:

the actual speed wont make any difference to you getting tickets or not, the speed of your internet only determines how fast you can download data, the tickets page will only be a couple of MB in size so any thing over 2mb/s will suffice

also your Java version shouldn't make a difference, I haven't seen the page but I can't think why it would be using Java

however you might want to stay at home just so your workmates don't see you cry if you don't get tickets

22 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

I think the spinning arrows is just the mobile site. Because I had that on my phone and not my computer. Not that it made any difference as I didn't get tickets on either 

Cheers both! Will give it a second crack on Friday but think it's going to be a totally different process anyway as we will be purchasing through Ticketmaster/ See Tickets etc....

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I am having the worst fucking day for ticket buying. First Radiohead then I hear more tickets are on sale for the Euros. Get through the queue, select the matches and actually get to the final confirmation screen only for the tickets to go. This has happened to me three times so far. 

MORE TICKETS ON SALE FOR THE EUROS ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?! Oh my god today has been awful. I'm gutted for you too mate, Christ. 

4 minutes ago, sloseph said:

I know you've all had a horrible day but you'll be happy to know I ordered In Rainbows on vinyl last night and it's just been despatched

You're in for a treat. That's the favourite vinyl that I own! :D

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I am having the worst fucking day for ticket buying. First Radiohead then I hear more tickets are on sale for the Euros. Get through the queue, select the matches and actually get to the final confirmation screen only for the tickets to go. This has happened to me three times so far. 

Damn it. I'm after Turkey vs Croatia or Sweden vs Ireland but found nothing so far. Like you, bad ticketing day.

How did you find out about extra euro tickets?

Got saturday tickets this morning! Just had one tab open on my mobile and left it in the hands of the queue

Wasn't sure whether to even attempt, as I live up North and 2016 as my 'life stuff' saving year is rapidly going tits up (just bought Placebo tickets too... oh dear).

The decider was remembering my Radiohead loving friend lives in Camden, and the fact there may be (fingers crossed) a league 1 play off final at Wembley on the sun.