Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, DJ Cull said:

I tried and failed this morning. On the plus side though I did manage to get Jean-Michel Jarre tickets on the O2 pre-sale, although I accidentally nearly only bought one and then had to abandon and start again so the tkts weren't as good as they could've been. SMH

How much were the JMJ tickets?

Trying for MSG in less than 2 hours - so is the consensus basically

- Use incognito/be aware that cookies may prevent from buying tickets to multiple nights (if I could be so lucky)

- Start refreshing prior to exact on sale time (I may pass on this because Ticketmaster has been known to lock people out who do this)

- If the link can be deduced it will enable bypassing the queue.

Thanks again to all those on this thread for their input. I refreshed on the main W.A.S.T.E ticket page at 10am exactly and got the holding page straight away for the Fri night. I didn't refresh and just left it to run. I got the booking page about 10 past and got the tickets. 

I bet they announce Glastonbury next, regardless I never thought I'd see Radiohead play a small venue again, so, this is worth the effort, time and expense of a trip to London.

14 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

Can't deny I'm more tempted to go to Lisbon to see Radiohead, rather than pay £65 a ticket for the Roundhouse.

I believe the Radiohead day is now sold out, as well as 3 day weekend tickets. I'm sure tickets will be available second hand but just be prepared for inflated prices! 

1 minute ago, Time Being said:

- Use incognito/be aware that cookies may prevent from buying tickets to multiple nights (if I could be so lucky)

- Start refreshing prior to exact on sale time (I may pass on this because Ticketmaster has been known to lock people out who do this)

Don't use incognito if it doesn't let you save cookies. Cookies are what keep you in the queue. I synced my clock up with the internet clock last night, and the sale went live at 9:59 by that. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Time Being said:

I always use incognito and I didn't get through. I also always refresh prior to the sale time. And I don't think the exact links did allow bypassing the queue - the direct links people posted on here just put you back in the queue 

Thank you both for the info and the well wishes.

Perhaps more importantly, was queuing and carting via a separate ticketing website, or WASTE itself? In other words, do you think I am likely to just be sent to Ticketmaster (US equivalant to Seetickets more or less, and the ones who are handling the proper on sale on Fri), or will it be handled through WASTE?

I went through WASTE who then sent me on to queue on sandbag, so I imagine they'll just send you to ticketmaster. I've never had an issue with ticketmaster queues though. I *think* I've actually been in a ticketmaster queue where it tells you your position in the queue before.

So basically I work somewhere which has incredibly high speed internet download and upload speeds. I was fairly confident of obtaining tickets. No joy whatsoever. Stuck on that holding page for 20-25 minutes before discovering all tickets had been sold out.

My question, and you may not have the answer, is does it affect my chances if I have pop-ups blocked. And also, how important is it to have the most up to date Java application. I have a feeling work computers sometimes inhibit the effectiveness of Java. For example when trying for the tickets earlier and waiting in the queue, I had no spinning arrows going round in a circle. But when I tried using 4G on my phone, I did,

Basically,come Friday, is it wiser to stay at home and try my luck on my own computer updated with Java etc. but with download speeds of only 25mps. Or is it better to try at work again with download speeds of 200 mbps.

Sorry if this is too technical. But I MUST get these tickets. What do we think?

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Don't use incognito if it doesn't let you save cookies. Cookies are what keep you in the queue. I synced my clock up with the internet clock last night, and the sale went live at 9:59 by that. Good luck!

Incognito does allow cookies to be saved.  It just deletes them when you close the window  (you might have to close all incognito windows/tabs down).  When you open a new Incognito tab, you won't have any of the cookies from your main browser session loaded - it's a fresh slate every time.

Re cookies:  I gave the Paris and Amsterdam links a test at 9ish - and got through to booking pages quickly for each gig one after the other, so there was nothing stopping you from trying for multiple gigs.

Not a sniff for the London shows though.  Roll on Friday...

I note that See, Gigs&Tours and Ticketmaster are all advertising the gigs - does anyone know if they will use their own systems or simply refer/link you to the Roundhouse one?

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Incognito does allow cookies to be saved.  It just deletes them when you close the window  (you might have to close all incognito windows/tabs down).  When you open a new Incognito tab, you won't have any of the cookies from your main browser session loaded - it's a fresh slate every time.

Thanks for the clarification - I don't really know how these things work (nor if they're different browser to browser).

Just now, Janaka said:

I note that See, Gigs&Tours and Ticketmaster are all advertising the gigs - does anyone know if they will use their own systems or simply refer/link you to the Roundhouse one?

Their own, I suspect

Edited by Tuna

1 minute ago, Janaka said:

Re cookies:  I gave the Paris and Amsterdam links a test at 9ish - and got through to booking pages quickly for each gig one after the other, so there was nothing stopping you from trying for multiple gigs.

Not a sniff for the London shows though.  Roll on Friday...

Those sites always use their own systems

17 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

When you reach the head of the queue, it takes you to a Sandbag tickets page to select how many etc. 

I've offered a hand to friends in NY and LA later.

Thanks, and best of luck to us.

17 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I went through WASTE who then sent me on to queue on sandbag, so I imagine they'll just send you to ticketmaster. I've never had an issue with ticketmaster queues though. I *think* I've actually been in a ticketmaster queue where it tells you your position in the queue before.

Got it, thanks. I'm thinking it's gotta be ticketmaster, so there is some sort of system for choosing seats.

managed to get 2 standing tickets for Friday Roundhouse.

Figured Friday would be the easiest to get because

a ) people who live in london think thursday would be the best to go for, as people are less likely to be willing to travel to see radiohead midweek
b ) its easier for people travelling to london to get there in time on Saturday than Friday.

Thurs + Sat were both sold out by the time we got Fri tickets... so maybe keep that in mind on fri

Edited by Al2006

4 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

managed to get 2 standing tickets for Friday Roundhouse.

Figured Friday would be the easiest to get because

a ) people who live in london think thursday would be the best to go for, as people are less likely to be willing to travel to see radiohead midweek
b ) its easier for people travelling to london to get there in time on Saturday than Friday.

Thurs + Sat were both sold out by the time we got Fri tickets... so maybe keep that in mind on fri

Yeah seems the majority of people on here got them for Friday (although I just had a tab open for each one and Friday was the one that got through - not a diddle from the other two)