Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, thatcrazypenguin said:

How can first come first served be unfair? 

for once i agree with you - each person getting served in the order that they joint the queue seems pretty fair to me. much fairer than Glastonbury's 'who's lucky enough to get through after destroying their F5 key' system

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

blimey so £145 for a pair including p&p. Not sure I'm going to bother on friday now! That is hefty

yep hefty indeed, plus i'll need to pay for travel and even possibly accommodation... they better not pull some new album in it's entirety bullshit

So yeah now getting sold out. Although I'm still on the queue screen. Never got past the queue screen. Pretty shit start to the day. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

for once i agree with you - each person getting served in the order that they joint the queue seems pretty fair to me. much fairer than Glastonbury's 'who's lucky enough to get through after destroying their F5 key' system

Yeah but we don't actually know that's what happened. Every virtual queue says that it's to keep things fair and serve people in order, but we don't know that's how it worked.

And re the fees: I'm sure the original announcement said the £65 or whatever included all fees. I know it doesn't fit with Radiohead's ethos or whatever to love money, but from the prices they charge it really seems they do.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yep hefty indeed, plus i'll need to pay for travel and even possibly accommodation... they better not pull some new album in it's entirety bullshit

Well, getting in at 10:00:00 on the dot is even more of a lottery than the frantic-refresh method, which at least rewards persistency rather than luckily clicking at the exact second.

1 minute ago, joelovesleeds! said:

Much like Glastonbury ticket day- those who miss out don't agree with the system, those who get tickets think it works.

i know it's rich coming from me who got a ticket, and it's a frustrating as fuck system because all you can do is sit there and hope to high heaven that you clicked refresh a millisecond before thousands of other people, but it definitely seems fair to me

Just now, FloorFiller said:

i know it's rich coming from me who got a ticket, and it's a frustrating as fuck system because all you can do is sit there and hope to high heaven that you clicked refresh a millisecond before thousands of other people, but it definitely seems fair to me

You've no idea whether this was the reason or not.

3 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

My first few hits after 10am all got error messages, so I, along with others no doubt, was not permitted to join the 'queue'. The quest for a 'better' system than Glasto's goes on.

yep, same for me. Did the system crash at 10 for those that got tickets? I imagine this impacted one's place in the 'queue' somewhat.

1 minute ago, somecoolusername said:

And re the fees: I'm sure the original announcement said the £65 or whatever included all fees. I know it doesn't fit with Radiohead's ethos or whatever to love money, but from the prices they charge it really seems they do.

yeah that additional cost has pissed me off, but ah well... just what comes with this kind of thing these days now i suppose!

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

The Radiohead fb page? Nothing there. 

checked the group as well and can't see anything. somehow i doubt they'd just casually mention immediately after selling out these gigs 'oh yeah btw we're playing Manchester next year so chill' 

So... Friday. 

Those pre-sale tickets went fast but not as fast as I was expecting. So how many went on sale? A fair few. Most ticket outlets are selling tickets on Friday. So how many can each outlet possibly have to sell!? 

This morning's sale was how long I would have expected it to take to sell all 9,000. 

Just now, admscott said:

So... Friday. 

Those pre-sale tickets went fast but not as fast as I was expecting. So how many went on sale? A fair few. Most ticket outlets are selling tickets on Friday. So how many can each outlet possibly have to sell!? 

This morning's sale was how long I would have expected it to take to sell all 9,000. 

Yep worrying. I hate the ticket sales following a pre-sale where you are pretty sure there are no tickets to sell at all.

3 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

yep, same for me. Did the system crash at 10 for those that got tickets? I imagine this impacted one's place in the 'queue' somewhat.

Yep it crashed for me too. I had to refresh several time before i was allowed in the queue. Once in there i never left. Oh well. Friday it is.