Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tier 1

1. OK Computer (lets be honest)

2. In Rainbows (really difficult not to put no1 as its a masterpiece)

3. Kid A (fantastic, practically flawless)

Tier 2

4. The Bends (extremely solid, excellent starting point)

5. Hail to the Thief (Great, very unique, if you're a fan of electronic music listen to this immediately)

6. Amnesiac (more of Kid A stuff, still fantastic)

7. King of Limbs (Great for die hard fans but hard to get into for everyone else)

Tier 3

8. Pablo Honey (meh)

i was thinking the other day that i'd really struggle to pick my favourite album out of those top three. i've often said OK Computer, but after listening to almost nothing but Radiohead for the past couple of weeks (and making the crushing disappointment when they don't headline even worse) , those other two sit right beside it

so:

OK Computer, Kid A, In Rainbows

The Bends

Hail to the Thief

Amnesiac

The King of Limbs

Pablo Honey

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Hail to the Thief has probably made its way into my top 3 behind OK and In Rainbows. Been listening to it loads recently 

it's grown on me, but there are definitely more notable weak songs on it in comparison to those other three. like Thom said in an interview, it seems like more of an amalgamation of their former albums rather than bringing anything new to the table

whilst on the subject, i hope The Gloaming is dropped from being a set staple on this next tour. i don't dislike it, but out of all the HTTT songs i don't understand why it's the one (along with There There) that they always play

1 hour ago, endswithMJ said:

I don't get the stick that the album gets. I'm naturally drawn to music with more guitar in it which is why I think I prefer Pablo Honey - the riffs on "You" are sooo good. 

Each to their own

If it was by any other band it would be considered a reasonably good album (by us Radiohead fans).

As its by Radiohead, it's considered poor as it's not up to the standards of the albums that followed and as already said doesn't really sound like them anymore.

8 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Hail to the Thief has probably made its way into my top 3 behind OK and In Rainbows. Been listening to it loads recently 

up until last week I've always rated it under Kid A and even under The bends but I've found myself really enjoying it

I don't know if it's just because its a bit fresher to me because it doesn't normally get played but I've found a big love for it

1 minute ago, Bza said:

I love The Bends but either its not aged well or I overplayed it as a teen (See also Nevermind). Somehow it just doesn't feel the same when I play it now.

i felt like that for a long while with The Bends after it being my favourite at first, but i've grown to re-love it a lot lately. the 'not aged well' comment is pretty fair - there are a few songs on there that sound like standard 90's alt-rock - but overall i think it's a great album. plus Street Spirit at the end never fails to amaze me

Just now, russycarps said:

I'll forever love nice dream, especially the beefed up live versions. 

I bet they never play it again!

was a huge surprise when they played it at Leeds fest in 2009. i'm forever envious of the greatest hits setlist Reading got, but Leeds getting both (Nice Dream) and A Wolf at the Door was something else

2 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

Tier 1

1. OK Computer (lets be honest)

2. In Rainbows (really difficult not to put no1 as its a masterpiece)

3. Kid A (fantastic, practically flawless)

Tier 2

4. The Bends (extremely solid, excellent starting point)

5. Hail to the Thief (Great, very unique, if you're a fan of electronic music listen to this immediately)

6. Amnesiac (more of Kid A stuff, still fantastic)

7. King of Limbs (Great for die hard fans but hard to get into for everyone else)

Tier 3

8. Pablo Honey (meh)

Swap HTTT and Amnesiac and I'm in full agreement...

Edited by foolsgold1981

Radiohead are at their best when they still have the melodies in there, but with a bit of experimentation. That's why In Rainbows was great, as it had some ace melodies.

I'd say the list above is pretty spot on, but I will always love the Bends just cos it reminds me of being an angst ridden teen. 

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

was a huge surprise when they played it at Leeds fest in 2009. i'm forever envious of the greatest hits setlist Reading got, but Leeds getting both (Nice Dream) and A Wolf at the Door was something else

I need to track down the bootleg of the leeds gig then! I've got the reading one which is pretty good. Though I just looked at the two setlists side by side and, creep aside, there isnt that much difference is there? 

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

And Morning Bell! Those 3 songs were on my wishlist, so I was delighted.

13 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I need to track down the bootleg of the leeds gig then! I've got the reading one which is pretty good. Though I just looked at the two setlists side by side and, creep aside, there isnt that much difference is there? 

Think the Prague setlist was similar (inc Nice Dream). There was a really good quality fanmade video of the gig on youtube, for which the band provided official audio.

The Leeds gig was great but not a patch on the first time I saw them in Manchester :-

15 Step

Airbag

There There

All I Need

Nude

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

The Gloaming

The National Anthem

Faust Arp

No Surprises

Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Reckoner

Just

Bangers + Mash

Everything in Its Right Place

Fake Plastic Trees

Bodysnatchers

Encore:

Videotape

Paranoid Android

Myxomatosis

Optimistic

Karma Police

Encore 2:

Pyramid Song

2 + 2 = 5

Idioteque

Encore 3:

Lucky

Edited by MichaelsBeard

19 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Leeds got more rarities like Nice Dream, Wolf at the Door and Morning Bell, whereas Reading got more crowd pleasers like Creep, Karma Police and Street Spirit

20 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Think the Prague setlist was similar (inc Nice Dream). There was a really good quality fanmade video of the gig on youtube, for which the band provided official audio.

The original website is still available with the video free to download in about ten different formats, brilliant video and brilliant gig (a fair gang of us made the trip from all over the Radiohead universe) cracking setlist too, not to mention the band very kindly providing the soundboard audio upon request of the people driving the project.

Just google Radiohead Prague, not sure if I'm allowed to post links.

Edited by ericlered

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Leeds got more rarities like Nice Dream, Wolf at the Door and Morning Bell, whereas Reading got more crowd pleasers like Creep, Karma Police and Street Spirit

Ah yeah, I suppose so. I cant stop looking at the leeds list. It's superb!

7 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

I'll locate this, cheers!

3 minutes ago, ericlered said:

The original website is still available with the video free to download in about ten different formats, brilliant video and brilliant gig (a fair gang of us made the trip from all over the Radiohead universe) cracking setlist too. not to mention the band very kindly providing the soundboard audio upon request of the people driving the project.

Just google Radiohead Prague, not sure if I'm allowed to post links.

good lord, that is an absolutely incredible setlist!

15 Step

There There

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

All I Need

Lucky

Nude

Morning Bell

2 + 2 = 5

A Wolf at the Door

Videotape

(Nice Dream)

The Gloaming

Reckoner

Exit Music (for a Film)

Bangers + Mash

Bodysnatchers

Idioteque

Encore:

Pyramid Song

These Are My Twisted Words

Airbag

The National Anthem

How to Disappear Completely

Encore 2:

The Bends

True Love Waits

Everything in Its Right Place

Edited by russycarps

7 hours ago, endswithMJ said:

Right now, my favorite albums are:

Pablo Honey

In Rainbows

The Bends

OK Computer

Kid A

Insomniac 

HTTT

King of Limbs

I don't know if you've posted from top to bottom or bottom to top, but either way this list is utter madness of the highest degree. Congratulations.