Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

On 1 February 2016 at 3:51 PM, The Placid Casual said:

Lumping on Muse, Adele & Coldplay to headline and Wales to reach the second round as I type.

How did you get on with Wales tickets today?

i got tickets for the England game and the Russia game, Yee hah.

(oh, and got tickets for the quarter final if Wales get there)

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not 1997? Everyone (including the band and Michael Eavis) seems to rave about that one whereas 2003 only seems preferred by the peeps that didn't go in 1997.

Did anyone go to both? Which was better?

I was at both. 1997 definitely the best for me, probably my favourite Glastonbury set by anyone ever, just shading Bowie in 2000.

2003 was great as well but 1997 came mere weeks after the release of OK Computer, which remains my favourite album ever, and the band went from being a very good band to a mythical band that night for me personally.

Plus however good Kid A is as an album, it's not as good as OKC and also they fucked up by not playing How To Disappear in 2003.

The weather was a lot nicer in 2003...

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Did Russy go in '97? I just figured he didn't and that's why he bigs up 2003. He probably saw Kula Shaker instead.

I somehow resisted the urge to see kula shaker (had to check just now and cant believe they headlined the 2nd stage on the back of that one crappy song!) and did go to see radiohead, but to be completely truthful I can barely remember anything about it, apart from the crowd singing karma police, climbing up the walls being the best thing I'd ever heard and being welded in place by the mud.

But I listen to the bootleg of 2003 much more than the bootleg of 1997 on my ipod. And wayne coyne agrees with me.... http://www.nme.com/news/the-flaming-lips/51771

And they played the lousy high and dry in 97, which I absolutely despise.

it's taken me a lot of time to come up with this so even though the moment for lists has passed I've got to post it

my favourite Radiohead albums in order

1. In Rainbows

2. Hail to the Thief

3. Kid A

4. Ok Computer

5. Insomniac

6. The Bends

7. The King of Limbs

8. Pablo Honey

2 minutes ago, sloseph said:

it's taken me a lot of time to come up with this so even though the moment for lists has passed I've got to post it

1. In Rainbows

2. Hail to the Thief

3. Kid A

4. Ok Computer

5. Insomniac

6. The Bends

7. The King of Limbs

8. Pablo Honey

As a complete aside, Amnesiac was always my favourite Echobelly song.

4 minutes ago, sloseph said:

1. In Rainbows

2. Hail to the Thief

3. Kid A

4. Ok Computer

5. Insomniac

6. The Bends

7. The King of Limbs

8. Pablo Honey

This list is going to keep me up at night 

44 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Are they actually going to headline? I really hate to bring everyone (including myself) down from cloud 9  :(

2 minutes later...

42 minutes ago, sloseph said:

We won't be deterred by a small matter like them being unlikely to play!!

9 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

How did you get on with Wales tickets today?

i got tickets for the England game and the Russia game, Yee hah.

(oh, and got tickets for the quarter final if Wales get there)

Got everything I wanted, all the group games, as well as the next 2 knock out stages should we get there :D

Someone I know's also offered me their spare should we reach the semis.

Congrats on getting England tickets especially. Looking at tout prices (£400 minimum), that really is the golden ticket.

Edited by The Placid Casual

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

Not sure I'm familiar with this one.

it's only know by us true Radiohead fans, lightweights like you have probably never heard of it

they only made 1 copy, to listen to it you have to take a special pilgrimage to a certain tree in Oxford, once you find the tree you have to plug your headphones into a line in port half way up the tree and pull a particular branch to make it play

18 minutes ago, sloseph said:

it's only know by us true Radiohead fans, lightweights like you have probably never heard of it

they only made 1 copy, to listen to it you have to take a special pilgrimage to a certain tree in Oxford, once you find the tree you have to plug your headphones into a line in port half way up the tree and pull a particular branch to make it play

I copy and pasted a list :( now I look silly. 

forgive me true Radiohead fans...I'm trying. 

Point still stands, Pablo Honey is my favorite....

Edited by endswithMJ

i gave Pablo Honey a listen on my way home from work the other day thinking i may have been unfairly critical of it over the years. nope. i was right. some good moments but overall just so distinctly average and laughable at times

that said would love to see them bring How Do You? back in to their setlists just for how hilarious it'd be

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

i gave Pablo Honey a listen on my way home from work the other day thinking i may have been unfairly critical of it over the years. nope. i was right. some good moments but overall just so distinctly average and laughable at times

that said would love to see them bring How Do You? back in to their setlists just for how hilarious it'd be

Bang on.  It's not one of those "so bad it's good" albums that's got some bits that are so awful they turn into the parts you love the most over the years.  It's just average and dull.  

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don't get the stick that the album gets. I'm naturally drawn to music with more guitar in it which is why I think I prefer Pablo Honey - the riffs on "You" are sooo good. 

Each to their own

4 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

I don't get the stick that the album gets. I'm naturally drawn to music with more guitar in it which is why I think I prefer Pablo Honey - the riffs on "You" are sooo good. 

Each to their own

yeah there are some pretty good songs on there and nothing really that bad, but it just kind of blends in with all the other post-grunge alt-rock that was being churned out around that time. they sound like a totally different band on The Bends