Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the Sunday act is always booked with the locals on Sunday tickets in mind. They tend to give Michael grief for the next year if he serves them up an act who isn't a 'hit' act.

On that basis, Sunday is the least likely day that Radiohead would play I'd say. Coldplay makes the most sense for Sunday because they've not 'played for the locals' the previous times they've headlined.

I bet the locals love The King of Limbs really.

Edit: But yeah I know Radiohead on Sunday isn't very likely unless that's only way it can pan out.

Edited by Will-2609

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Radiohead did a greatest hits set then I don't see a problem with them headlining on the Sunday.

As someone who is in the local catchment for the day tickets I can assure you we have electricity and internet access so aren't completely cut off from the rest of civilisation :lol:

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

2015's Sunday included me being absolutely dead on my feet spending most of my time at the pyramid

Then giving it one last push with chemical brothers and once they were finished I became a drunken mess and walked round the site one last time before passed out in my tent and waking up at 12pm the next day to my field being pretty much empty apart from me and my friends tents.

must have been highly depressing that

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

oh don't get me wrong, i went hard as hell on the Sunday. last year i actually ended up taking like ten pills Sunday night as they were having so little effect so i just kept taking one every half hour in some desperate attempt to get fucked. might explain why it took me a week to stop coming down after the festival

you need a new dealer mate

16 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Using that logic though wouldnt Sunday would be a shoe in for adele if she was playing....much as I dislike her noone has more `hits` then her at the moment, 

Really, all four of them? Selling zillions of albums doesn't mean you have lots of hits. Just some really big ones.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

So many of you younguns have piss poor stamina. The oldies get away with it, but c'mon, you're letting the yoofs down.

If it makes you feel better, my Sunday night consisted of Flying Lotus, The Temple, Glasto Latino until it shut, wander through the site, Stonebridge Bar until that shut, then Bimble Inn until that shut, then straight over to catch my coach.

5 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

If it makes you feel better, my Sunday night consisted of Flying Lotus, The Temple, Glasto Latino until it shut, wander through the site, Stonebridge Bar until that shut, then Bimble Inn until that shut, then straight over to catch my coach.

You're an inspiration to us all. We went to the SE corner to try and get into NYC Downlow for I think Midland -> Prosumer but couldn't, so trekked to the Beat Hotel for the Kompakt closer. Ended up finishing the festival with This Must Be The Place, with about 30 other people. Happy enough.

Edited by Tuna

46 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Using that logic though wouldnt Sunday would be a shoe in for adele if she was playing....much as I dislike her noone has more `hits` then her at the moment, 

not really. The primary act is likely to be Saturday.

Plus of course it would be mean (or nice :P) to have made the locals miss out on Coldplay three times running.

On 07/02/2016 at 6:53 AM, Vanderlyle said:

So how different is NO's current set list and performance to the tour a couple of years back. Ended up seeing them 3 times back then (twice at festivals - not a superfan) so would probably only go if there's a big improvment.

I think the new material gives the set a massive boost,  feels very fresh and modern and will have you dancing your ass off.  Could be a good visual show too, the chems set on the other last year was awesome, hoping for a feast for the eyes aswell as the ears. 

46 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If you arrive at that time, the queues will be horrendous. Last couple of years we've arrived just after midnight and drunk/slept in the queue. People getting there about seven queuing for about three - four hours I'd guess. Can't be arsed with that this year so staying over night before and planning to arrive about midday and walk straight in. 

Well, the die is cast, scruffy my friend!

Are you sure it will be like that at Gate A (coach drop off)? That would mean a lot of coaches having arrived before ~6.30am, and I'm not aware that many do...?

Ben

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well, the die is cast, scruffy my friend!

Are you sure it will be like that at Gate A (coach drop off)? That would mean a lot of coaches having arrived before ~6.30am, and I'm not aware that many do...?

Ben

My coach dropped me at Gate A at 9am on the Wednesday last year andI pretty much walked straight through the gates. Can't have been waiting more than 20 minutes.

13 hours ago, russycarps said:

I blame the obsession with getting to the festival at 5 am in the Wednesday 

Better to turn up on the Thursday and have a decent Sunday if you can't hack 5 days getting wrecked!

If you turn up on Thursday then you don't have it as a lazy, bimbling day.  That's one of my highlights! 

Edit:  Gate A isn't only for coaches.  There's another big monster line from the car parks.

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

1 hour ago, Luke2608 said:

Hello everyone, 

I am studying events management and conducting my research for my dissertation, looking into the role of the group when making decisions, influence of others and general attendee motivation. 

If anyone could take 5 minutes to fill out this questionnaire that would be amazing!!

Thanks a million!

Luke

cant even be bothered to look to see what thread you are posting this garbage in.

Piss off, spamming twat.

Edited by russycarps

1 minute ago, Luke2608 said:

Hello everyone, 

I am studying events management and conducting my research for my dissertation, looking into the role of the group when making decisions, influence of others and general attendee motivation. 

If anyone could take 5 minutes to fill out this questionnaire that would be amazing!!

Thanks a million!

Luke

do not besmirch this topic with filthy survey 

you need to look at your own decision making and give yourself a F

I hope you forget about your next cup of tea and it goes cold

50 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I just clicked the link, ye gods! it's the worst one yet.

What makes you dance; establishing whether there is a link between consumer behaviour and motives a consumer has when choosing to attend an outdoor music event.

Drugs, would have been a simple one word answer