Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

if radiohead are playing, would it be a sat night appearance do people reckon?

really hard to say and i guess it all depends on whether Adele is still in the picture. if it's Adele and Radiohead, then Radiohead will be Friday. if it's Muse and Radiohead, then presumably Radiohead would be the Saturday

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

The Friday is the one that's looking most likely at the moment. I'd say Saturday is the least likely as they're not exactly TV friendly now.

and yeah this is a good point - not really gonna be a big TV viewing set, which is why Adele definitely looks the most likely for that day. hard to think of a headliner who'd get more viewings than her

damn I'd much rather radiohead played ideally sunday, but if not then saturday. It's always good to have one of your favourites to look forward to throughout much of the festival. No matter how much of a good time you are having, you can always multiply your pleasure by thinking "I'm having the greatest time of my life, and xxxxx are still to come!"

Plus friday night is usually the night I am most likely to have a complete memory loss blackout due to overindulgence. Does anyone else find that?

Edited by russycarps

i've blacked out a couple of headliner sets over the past few years - Arcade Fire and Kanye are the two that spring to mind. i remember bits and pieces and know i loved every minute, but i don't remember the finer details at all. determined to not let it happen this year as it's really quite annoying not remembering the acts i'm looking forward to most, and i'd hate to not remember Radiohead after all this time wanting to see them at Glastonbury

not so much blanked out but I remember very little from Hot Chip last year because I got too battered during The Libertines that by the time I got to West Holts all I wanted to do was stand by the brothers bar and chat to random folk

I had a great time and even met people related to Brothers who got me and my mates free pints but I do wish i'd watched Hot Chip properly

as for Radiohead I think i'd rather they play on the Friday, that way I can go large Friday night and not have to worry trying to pace myself for Radiohead

Personally speaking, I’ve not had a truly memorable Sunday night since Stevie back in 2010. Beyonce I endured begrudgingly for the wife. Womack was special but that last album of his I didn’t really enjoy. Disclosure @ West Holt I’d give a solid 6 out of 10; and last years Chems/2ManyDjs double found me just too knackered to really go crackers.

The problem is measuring those to Stevie and Blur. Less Sunday night at Glastonbury highlights, more legendary never to be forgotten life events. We were spoilt with those 2 years.

Just now, Badlands said:

Personally speaking, I’ve not had a truly memorable Sunday night since Stevie back in 2010. Beyonce I endured begrudgingly for the wife. Womack was special but that last album of his I didn’t really enjoy. Disclosure @ West Holt I’d give a solid 6 out of 10; and last years Chems/2ManyDjs double found me just too knackered to really go crackers.

The problem is measuring those to Stevie and Blur. Less Sunday night at Glastonbury highlights, more legendary never to be forgotten life events. We were spoilt with those 2 years.

this is why i'm hoping that LCD Soundsystem are the Sunday Other headliner - would be a great end of the music for me personally and i imagine they'll put on a real show. agree about the Sundays over the past few years. i've had fun but have also been thinking 'probably a good thing i'm going home tomorrow'. i'd like to be at the end of Sunday thinking 'never want to leave'

Sunday is awful for me.  I cannot pace myself over the 5 days properly, not anymore!  2009, 2010 I was in my tent feeling very ill pretty much all day and 2014 when I made a big effort not to get totally fucked, I made it to the headliners, but couldn't go further than the hill up on The Park.  I really don't fancy a proper headline set when I'm so broken.

I look back on seeing Bowie in 2000, and can't believe how well I felt. Probably because I was so young and didn't had enough money to get properly battered.  Pacing myself was the only option I had on a student budget.

Radiohead are a pretty engaging prospect.  I'd need that to be earlier in the weekend.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

I love sunday, but I suspect a lot of it has to do with how early you intend leaving on the monday. I generally leave late so have no nagging worries about driving home or catching a bus or whatever.

Massive attack were brill the other year on the sunday, but the nick cave>blur 2009 extravaganza will be hard to beat. Though cohen>verve whenever that was pushes it close. 95% of that is due to cohen though!

This year I'm hoping for a PJ harvey>radiohead finish on the pyramid. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

unfortunately i think it's pretty much a sure thing that Coldplay will be closing the Sunday. Radiohead definitely aren't your standard locals pleaser

Yeah definately this. If radiohead are going to play then I could definately see them on either a Saturday or a Friday. Preferably friday.

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

I love sunday, but I suspect a lot of it has to do with how early you intend leaving on the monday. I generally leave late so have no nagging worries about driving home or catching a bus or whatever.

Massive attack were brill the other year on the sunday, but the nick cave>blur 2009 extravaganza will be hard to beat. Though cohen>verve whenever that was pushes it close. 95% of that is due to cohen though!

I usually feel a bit sad and confused on Sunday - always feels like the festival has flown by. 

Massive Attack were such a great surprise - I expected them to just be average, but they were great! 

I quite liked Cohen>spiritualized>the national, which I think was a Sunday (2008?).

Edited by Mr.Tease

Sunday can go either way really - 2 of my favourite years were crowned by Bowie and Blur, which topped the x2 best weekends ever on a high.

That said, 2007, in the rain, went to see the Bootleg Beatles just to be somewhere a bit warmer, and that year ended rather limply.

2013 left sunday evening for the first time ever (after Pheonix) and it did feel all day that we couldn't cut loose as a result, I wasn't even driving but didn't want to be ruined on the journey home.

Sunday is always my least favorite day, but not so much anything to do with who's playing, more seeing people leaving throughout the day and the knowledge that it'll all soon be over. Of course that feeling isn't always unwelcome - some years are more challenging than others - but there's a distinct Sunday vibe that just isn't as good as on any other day for me. 

47 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Sunday is always my least favorite day, but not so much anything to do with who's playing, more seeing people leaving throughout the day and the knowledge that it'll all soon be over. Of course that feeling isn't always unwelcome - some years are more challenging than others - but there's a distinct Sunday vibe that just isn't as good as on any other day for me. 

Yeah I get the vibe thing. Everybody's knackered, well aware that it's the last day, left with the dregs of the booze they've brought which is now incredibly warm, the drugs are having less effect than they did, and both your body and site are destroyed and filthy. Obviously I still have a whale of a time but the need for my own bed and a shower are definitely at a height

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I get the vibe thing. Everybody's knackered, well aware that it's the last day, left with the dregs of the booze they've brought which is now incredibly warm, the drugs are having less effect than they did, and both your body and site are destroyed and filthy. Obviously I still have a whale of a time but the need for my own bed and a shower are definitely at a height

Theres little worse for me than drinking on the sunday. Im always left with a colostomy bag filled with terrible white wine. Every suck from this piss filled pouch is like drinking a stinging nettle and razorblade smoothy. Its the point during the weekend that drinking Tuborg becomes a refreshing experience.

I lose track of what day is what to some degree. Not through over indulgence. I don't do drugs and only get merrily tipsy. It's more like how the actual 'day' disappears like at Christmas. So I'm happy with whatever days acts I like play. That being said, if pushed to choose, I would prefer Radiohead (if they play) to play on the Friday for some reason.

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

I'm seconding all this.

We are all still talking like Radiohead is absolutely 100% happening, btw.

This. Scares. Me.

If it's a choice between Radiohead at Glastonbury and Woffling No. 3 winning her first ever netball match this week, I'm plumping for Radiohead. In which case I'll bring 3 & 4 with me to Glastonbury and spend every morning in the Kidz Field pretending not to be monumentally fucking hungover.

Edited by Woffy

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

i've blacked out a couple of headliner sets over the past few years - Arcade Fire and Kanye are the two that spring to mind. i remember bits and pieces and know i loved every minute, but i don't remember the finer details at all. determined to not let it happen this year as it's really quite annoying not remembering the acts i'm looking forward to most, and i'd hate to not remember Radiohead after all this time wanting to see them at Glastonbury

Wish I'd blacked out to Kanye 

17 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I'm seconding all this.

We are all still talking like Radiohead is absolutely 100% happening, btw.

This. Scares. Me.

If it's a choice between Radiohead at Glastonbury and Woffling No. 3 winning her first ever netball match this week, I'm plumping for Radiohead. In which case I'll bring 3 & 4 with me to Glastonbury and spend every morning in the Kidz Field pretending not to be monumentally fucking hungover.

Just play the Woffling In Rainbows and she'll understand. She might even miss a few shots on purpose to help.