Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He's got an anonymous email for a  tipster who has given him good info in the past. When we got excited with all the festival announcements, Neil emailed this anonymous person who said Radiohead are playing. 

Since then, Neil has been trying to reconcile everything he has heard into some sort of coherent timeline, that can only make sense if Muse aren't headlining. Which doesn't seem particularly likely. So Radiohead 'are' playing, except something in all the info that's come in with relation to headliners doesn't add up, so they might not be. 

The biggest thing the Radiohead info has going for it is that it's relatively new info, whereas the Muse/Adele stuff is slightly older, so things may have changed in favour of Radiohead.

Neil/everyone else, is that a fair summary?

A bit more 'but that might or might not be true, it's been reliable in the past, but doesn't necessarily mean it is this time'...and you could actually *BE HIM*!

It's uncanny!

Now, where do you stand on Jeremy Corbyn?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He's got an anonymous email for a  tipster who has given him good info in the past. When we got excited with all the festival announcements, Neil emailed this anonymous person who said Radiohead are playing. 

Since then, Neil has been trying to reconcile everything he has heard into some sort of coherent timeline, that can only make sense if Muse aren't headlining. Which doesn't seem particularly likely. So Radiohead 'are' playing, except something in all the info that's come in with relation to headliners doesn't add up, so they might not be. 

The biggest thing the Radiohead info has going for it is that it's relatively new info, whereas the Muse/Adele stuff is slightly older, so things may have changed in favour of Radiohead.

Neil/everyone else, is that a fair summary?

He had a second Radiohead source as well I think, suggesting they came to the party late on.

Normally I'd guess the Muse info is bad because they seem such a naff booking for this year, but there are so many rumours about them from all directions that I reckon it's good. I don't believe the non-headlining info will be correct either.

I'm (probably just being hopeful, but) choosing to believe Adele isn't happening now, and she was replaced by Radiohead when they came to the party late on. Hopefully she's booked these arena dates to see how they go, left Glasto weekend free to pay another visit and perhaps guest with Coldplay to see how she fares, and come back in a future year to headline if it all goes swimmingly (perhaps even next year).

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

A bit more 'but that might or might not be true, it's been reliable in the past, but doesn't necessarily mean it is this time'...and you could actually *BE HIM*!

It's uncanny!

Now, where do you stand on Jeremy Corbyn?

I think Jeremy Corbyn is a great idea for a thread in another forum, but given the number of not entirely on topic threads I post on, I was too timid to point this out.

42 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

He had a second Radiohead source as well I think, suggesting they came to the party late on.

40 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I *think* that was just poor wording on Neil's thought. I aksed him if he meant there was a second source, but he replied saying he was just trying to put everything together.

No, there is that second source. What that 2nd source isn't saying is anything specifically Glastonbury.

That other info does, tho, strongly suggest reasons for any swap around in Glasto's headliner plans, to fit RH in.

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

No, there is that second source. What that 2nd source isn't saying is anything specifically Glastonbury.

That other info does, tho, strongly suggest reasons for any swap around in Glasto's headliner plans, to fit RH in.

Would Adele deciding not to do it and Radiohead taking her place fit into this info?

9 hours ago, sunnydaysblue said:

I'm one of those people who like Radiohead but adores Thom's Eraser album. Do they tend to throw some solo stuff in or stick to the bands catalogue live?

Thom played a piano version of Cymbal Rush a few times on the In Rainbows tour. So it's very unlikely, but can't be completely ruled out

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Would Adele deciding not to do it and Radiohead taking her place fit into this info?

Yes.

But that's a bit of a red herring, against what I heard. Adele dropping out doesn't by itself allow Radiohead 'in'.

RH have to be available to be 'in', just as much as there needs to be a space to put them in.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yes.

But that's a bit of a red herring, against what I heard. Adele dropping out doesn't by itself allow Radiohead 'in'.

RH have to be available to be 'in', just as much as there needs to be a space to put them in.

They do seem to be available so far don't they?

This is terrifying.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yes.

Neil I don't care about the caveats; I just want to be able to believe Radiohead and Muse will be headlining until announcement day when neither get announced. 

Can't wait to see Thom and the Radiohead lads tear the Pyramid a new one with White Privilege Whine / Chris and the Coldplay lads tear the Pyramid a new one with Milquetoast Moan / Ron Weasley and the Muse lads tear the Pyramid a new one with The Explosive Exploding Explosion*

(*delete as applicable )

16 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Neil I don't care about the caveats; I just want to be able to believe Radiohead and Muse will be headlining until announcement day when neither get announced. 

This is the thing. :P

If Radiohead are headlining and Adele is playing (and everything seems to say that she is, not that she isn't), then where do Muse play?

If Coldplay are the Sunday headliner - and no one thinks they're not - then there's just not room for all of RH, Muse and Adele.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If Radiohead are headlining and Adele is playing (and everything seems to say that she is, not that she isn't), then where do Muse play?

If Coldplay are the Sunday headliner - and no one thinks they're not - then there's just not room for all of RH, Muse and Adele.

radiohead are the only ones who seem to be playing festivals as well. 

if it is radiohead, muse and coldplay as headliners, its a bit too similar in broad terms stylistically as well 

only other spot for muse must be second stage headliner? or co headlining with adele?

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can't wait to see Thom and the Radiohead lads tear the Pyramid a new one with White Privilege Whine / Chris and the Coldplay lads tear the Pyramid a new one with Milquetoast Moan / Ron Weasley and the Muse lads tear the Pyramid a new one with The Explosive Exploding Explosion*

(*delete as applicable )

It's really not fucking fair. I really like Radiohead's music 'cos it's moving and entertaining - esp. live - , but I'm not allowed to. Hmmph. The paradox is that if I sulk in my room about not being allowed to like it that's exactly the sort of thing I wanna be listening to in my strop, dammit! I will *never* be cool.

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Explosive Exploding Explosion

Oh fuck I'm done.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah exactly. I'm hoping that Adele hasn't ended up happening because if it has it only leaves room for one of Muse/Radiohead.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

radiohead are the only ones who seem to be playing festivals as well. 

Muse are playing festivals. Radiohead are playing festivals. Coldplay are playing festivals. Adele has a lovely Glasto gap in her tourdates.

There's no a lot of basis to say one of those is out while you keep any of the others in.

if it is radiohead, muse and coldplay as headliners, its a bit too similar in broad terms stylistically as well 

Very well spotted. :)

It could happen, but it doesn't look like the sort of thing they'd try to make happen, and it looks like the sort of thing they'd try to avoid happening.

So Adele as a headliner seems likely.

only other spot for muse must be second stage headliner? or co headlining with adele?

Word I heard - from different sources to other sources, that I can't verify, so it might be wrong - is that Muse won't be headlining, but will instead play on the same day as Coldplay (with the suggestion being that it would be on the same stage).

From a logical rational point of view, all these various things all seem to fit together nicely, apart from Glasto having four headliner-sized bands.

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah exactly. I'm hoping that Adele hasn't ended up happening because if it has it only leaves room for one of Muse/Radiohead.

More correctly, it only leaves room for one as a headliner.

It doesn't rule out the possibility of one of Muse or Radiohead playing elsewhere on the bill.

The word I had of radiohead didn't specifically put them in a headliner slot, so perhaps thewy're not headlining.

Word I had of Muse (normal caveats) said they wouldn't be headlining.

Edited by eFestivals

So all the info suggests the four will play with Muse the act that ends up NOT headlining, yet the only reason to doubt this is it seems implausible that Glastonbury could have booked four huge bands with only three headline slots available? 

So it's info and sources vs. general skepticism? 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'd be a lot more willing to believe the Muse/Coldplay same day rumours if this was a landmark year, say the 50th anniversary, but for a regular festival?

But if Glasto has more bands of headliner status begging to play than their are headline slots, what would Glasto do?

If everything was already firmly arranged then I'd guess they'd have to bin one of them off, but if things were still a bit fluid with the bookings, I reckon they'd see if it was possible to accommodate all of them somehow.