Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I call this segment "My Fair Amy Lawn", in which the gentry of efests attempts to override my common as muck music tastes with some refined and respectable bands. Today I went to the shop and bought two CDs, I'm going to listen to them and report back on whether not I can convincingly say "The In Rainbows in Spain falls mainly on Kid A".

Sort it, Lawn. 

A negative review of said albums will have you run out of this thread, Wyatt Earp style.

That said, took me months to properly 'get' both, esp. Kid A...but fuck it was worth it.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's a thought that i've been thinking all day

We are all used to the 'TBA' opening the other stage thats happened for the past three years. What if.. to mix things up abit - the TBA slot was simply moved to the pyramid?

There would be no worries with crowding, as the pyramid field can hold a fair amount of people. Also, as its shown in previous years, the mere mention of a TBA doesn't ram the other stage completely, a lot of people don't really care with the prospect of a secret set.

I really can't see any reason why the TBA couldn't be opening the pyramid instead of the other this year - Maybe to lessen the fears of a Muse secret set causing overcrowding

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Sort it, Lawn. 

A negative review of said albums will have you run out of this thread, Wyatt Earp style.

That said, took me months to properly 'get' both, esp. Kid A...but fuck it was worth it.

I eagerly await the next episode of "Woffy Meets Yeezy".

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We are all used to the 'TBA' opening the other stage thats happened for the past three years. What if.. to mix things up abit - the TBA slot was simply moved to the pyramid?

There would be no worries with crowding, as the pyramid field can hold a fair amount of people. Also, as its shown in previous years, the mere mention of a TBA doesn't ram the other stage completely, a lot of people don't really care with the prospect of a secret set.

I really can't see any reason why the TBA couldn't be opening the pyramid instead of the other this year - Maybe to lessen the fears of a Muse secret set causing overcrowding

Did the one thought stretch out in a single go, soooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwly over the whole day, Matt?

Or just repeat itself - ratatatatatatatat - every few seconds?

I don't buy it. Opening the Pyramid whilst the lazy BBC fuckers who couldn't be arsed to get up to record The War On Drugs are still asleep in their cosy free bunks. Nah.

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I eagerly await the next episode of "Woffy Meets Yeezy".

Proves my point.

I'm still letting the Yeezy seep into my perfectly exfoliated pores. Patience.

Part 1 fuckin' ROCKED mind. His album wasn't too bad either.

12 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Did the one thought stretch out in a single go, soooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwly over the whole day, Matt?

Or just repeat itself - ratatatatatatatat - every few seconds?

I don't buy it. Opening the Pyramid whilst the lazy BBC fuckers who couldn't be arsed to get up to record The War On Drugs are still asleep in their cosy free bunks. Nah.

The other opener has been filmed every year

32 minutes ago, Woffy said:

But you said the TBA could be on the Pyramid. And my flippant comment aside, TWOD wasn't filmed. 

That's because TWOD were just an early Pyramid band, not a secret set, with all the hype that such a performance entails - even if they were disappointing in the end. The point being, if deemed important enough, the BBC could easily get up.

They have filmed Pyramid openers in the past, didn't they show Kate Nash when she opened?

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Typos, clarification of point.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Neil has already said it wouldn't be a "secret" set, and that it would be Muse announced, but in a non-headlining the Pyramid slot.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

Neil has already said it wouldn't be a "secret" set, and that it would be Muse announced, but in a non-headlining the Pyramid slot.

that's probably the most ridiculous part about it - just doesn't seem likely at all. an unannounced/secret set? sure, why not, but a headliner billed in a none headliner slot? just doesn't happen

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The Cribs were 2nd on the Other and I don't think they were filmed by the BBC either.

They got their mate to film it from the wings/behind them on a 1990s camcorder and uploaded the unwatchable footage, for some bizarre reason.

Amanda Palmer in 2013 remains one of the best sets I've seen at Glastonbury. 3rd on Other on the Friday. Auntie didn't deem it within the public interest to film and broadcast it, the fuckers.

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

that's probably the most ridiculous part about it - just doesn't seem likely at all. an unannounced/secret set? sure, why not, but a headliner billed in a none headliner slot? just doesn't happen

yep, that's why i'm basically giving no credence to it. if Muse are playing announced, it's as Pyramid headliners. anything else is beyond ridiculous IMO.

the only possible thing I can think of is that it's a Muse acoustic set which obviously wouldn't be headlining the Pyramid, but then that would be extremely odd for a band like them these days, and raises a lot of questions about where to put it...

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

the only possible thing I can think of is that it's a Muse acoustic set which obviously wouldn't be headlining the Pyramid, but then that would be extremely odd for a band like them these days, and raises a lot of questions about where to put it...

of all the bands out there Muse are probably the last who would want to do an acoustic set - pretty much goes against everything they've been doing in the latter half of their career, if not all of it. headlining or not there at all in my eyes. i'd probably have more confidence in it happening if this fabled 'fourth headliner' thing had actually been pulled off, but it wasn't so it's hard to imagine it being a thing this time round either

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I call this segment "My Fair Amy Lawn", in which the gentry of efests attempts to override my common as muck music tastes with some refined and respectable bands. Today I went to the shop and bought two CDs, I'm going to listen to them and report back on whether not I can convincingly say "The In Rainbows in Spain falls mainly on Kid A".

hehehe. Nice work. Following the 'bands you've listened to' thread. I also decided to dive in to Radiohead for the first time, so I got Kid A too.

7 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Its probably been asked before but what if Muse headlined the other stage opposite Adele on the Saturday night?

I'm not sure that anyone has suggested that before. And yep, it could and would work.

Tho word I've had is that New Order are the Saturday Other headliner, so it doesn't seem to fit.

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

I mean, these fuckers on here are always banging on about it, right?  lets see if it really stands up to a neophyte. Have they got the tunes to win me over?

Kid A is a Danish deconstructed open sandwich to the Bends greasy breakfast baguette. With brown sauce.