Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

LCD clashing with Radiohead would be a stupid booking. Makes much more sense to put em on against Adele.

with New Order seemingly booked to headline Other on the Friday that looks like an impossibility, as if Adele plays she's definitely gonna have the big Saturday BBC viewings slot. our only hope is that there's some sort of mix up - whether it be BMTH aren't playing and LCD are doing the Sunday or it's Radiohead Saturday, Coldplay Sunday and another for the Friday vs LCD

Radiohead vs LCD does seem like a ludicrous idea though - that crowd would be split right down the middle. let's hope the big G have got their shit sorted

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst 2015 was my first Glastonbury, I would assume that any chance of a 'secret' set as such would be out of the question given the previous safety issues, and the likelihood of it being even worse this time round due to the increase in social media? The Libertines playing that secret set came out of nowhere on the day, and still everyone seemed to find out. If people knew Radiohead were going to play somewhere, at some point, then everyone would just be glued to their phones waiting for confirmation as to where and when and it'd be carnage. I'm half assuming the 2011 set was a well kept secret, mind.

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

Whilst 2015 was my first Glastonbury, I would assume that any chance of a 'secret' set as such would be out of the question given the previous safety issues, and the likelihood of it being even worse this time round due to the increase in social media? The Libertines playing that secret set came out of nowhere on the day, and still everyone seemed to find out. If people knew Radiohead were going to play somewhere, at some point, then everyone would just be glued to their phones waiting for confirmation as to where and when and it'd be carnage. I'm half assuming the 2011 set was a well kept secret, mind.

Not really

it was leaked early doors, my wife texted that morning telling me she'd heard it on the radio

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Remember for a very long time we believed Alt-J were headlining the other stage last year?

Things can change and bands can move across lineups

Plus the fact LCD did other last time makes me think they'l be on the pyramid this time

that was just us guessing though, whereas that one guy came on here saying he had info that LCD and New Order were two of the Other headliners, which is why i have my doubts they'll be elsewhere

Just now, Matt42 said:

Radiohead subbed by LCD Soundsystem with Disclosure headlining the other

Adele subbed by Foals with New Order headlining the other

Coldplay subbed by Ellie Goulding with Bring Me The Horizon headlining other

works a lot better imo

although all that said, i do hope this is how it pans out as it'd work out much better for me

Pyramid all night Friday, possibly the same Saturday depending on who else is headlining stages, and Sunday free to be elsewhere  

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

that was just us guessing though, whereas that one guy came on here saying he had info that LCD and New Order were two of the Other headliners, which is why i have my doubts they'll be elsewhere

Nah Neil had info about Alt-J headlining the other

1 minute ago, blue6field said:

Not really

it was leaked early doors, my wife texted that morning telling me she'd heard it on the radio

That's only the morning of the performance. And it wasn't a sure thing until noon. Believe me, there were many other names in play that morning.

As well a kept secret as you could expect.

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nah Neil had info about Alt-J headlining the other

ah i thought he might've but i couldn't remember. that's slightly more promising then. as much as LCD on the Other seems like the perfect fit, at the expense of missing Radiohead or vice versa? no thanks. LCD > Radiohead is about as perfect as a 1-2 as i could hope for

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

Can't trust everything, can't even trust the info about Radiohead playing

don't come in here with your truths and level headedness. we finally have a glimmer of hope that the Radiohead dream is alive and i plan on getting as over excited and wrapped up in it as possible

52 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Radiohead subbed by LCD Soundsystem with Disclosure headlining the other

Adele subbed by Foals with New Order headlining the other

Coldplay subbed by Ellie Goulding with Bring Me The Horizon headlining other

works a lot better imo

Not been on for a while, are BMTH likely to play and are they big enough to headline Other?

10 minutes ago, Redwinevino said:

Not been on for a while, are BMTH likely to play and are they big enough to headline Other?

somebody asked one of BMTH on twitter whether they were playing and they gave some kind of vague answer that gave the impression that they would. as for whether they're big enough, it's been heavily debated, but i'd say they are - subbed R/Ls last year, have a hit album under their belts etc

2 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

I really really really hope Neil didn't see my attempt at trolling that the anonymous e-mail guy replied to him this morning and so decided to run with it. That would make me a very sad rabbit

jesus, can you imagine? Neil comes back on tomorrow just posting ':P'and removing Radiohead from the rumours altogether

Edited by FloorFiller

4 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

If they don't play 15 step then I will start a full scale riot! 'd love them to play Just but looking back at past setlists I have more chance of George Harrison playing the Pyramid and covering it*

*which would obviously be an amazing cover 

They played Just when I saw them at Reading 2009. That was an unexpectedly hit-filled set though. I had spent the weekend being a well-researched Radiohead fan and telling my non-Radiohead-fan friends that there was no way in hell they would play Creep. Then they walked onstage and opened with it. 

Maybe they would view a Pyramid headline slot as another such occasion and bring the hits. You never can tell. 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

somebody asked one of BMTH on twitter whether they were playing and they gave some kind of vague answer that gave the impression that they would. as for whether they're big enough, it's been heavily debated, but i'd say they are - subbed R/Ls last year, have a hit album under their belts etc

Cool, cheers

12 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

If you don't mind my asking, how would you rate the strength of this info compared to your info on Muse/Coldplay/Adele?

Do you think it's still more likely to be that trio, or do you think it's more likely that Radiohead will be one?

My Muse/Adele/Coldplay info is now about 3 months+ old, so it's quite possible it's now out of date. The info itself tho I'm very confident was right for around the time I heard it tho, but I don't know if they were signed & sealed deals at that time (so it's possible that things might have changed)..

The RH info is far more recent and so presumably is how things stood recently, and while I should have full info in this source (as its given me good RH info previously) I am having some doubts just because it seems hard to fit against that previous headliner info.

And of course I do have a muse/foos/coldplay headliners version too, that is from a source that in theory should be spot on, but I know from the past that despite that it's often not ... so it's hard to know what to go with. This version I find the hardest to believe (despite it being sourced from closest to the fest), because if Foos were in the frame that info should have come to me instead of the Adele version, and we know from Martin Elbourne's words in that mag that the Adele version has substance.

So who knows, really? The Muse/Adele/Coldplay is the version I go with most, tho Adele might have declined to play (or perhaps just headline), which opens up the possibility of someone else.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

My Muse/Adele/Coldplay info is now about 3 months+ old, so it's quite possible it's now out of date. The info itself tho I'm very confident was right for around the time I heard it tho, but I don't know if they were signed & sealed deals at that time (so it's possible that things might have changed)..

The RH info is far more recent and so presumably is how things stood recently, and while I should have full info in this source (as its given me good RH info previously) I am having some doubts just because it seems hard to fit against that previous headliner info.

And of course I do have a muse/foos/coldplay headliners version too, that is from a source that in theory should be spot on, but I know from the past that despite that it's often not ... so it's hard to know what to go with. This version I find the hardest to believe (despite it being sourced from closest to the fest), because if Foos were in the frame that info should have come to me instead of the Adele version, and we know from Martin Elbourne's words in that mag that the Adele version has substance.

So who knows, really? The Muse/Adele/Coldplay is the version I go with most, tho Adele might have declined to play (or perhaps just headline), which opens up the possibility of someone else.

Cheers Neil.

Bloody hell, it must get thoroughly wearing having to qualify every iota of info. you've had and post with 'but it may be wrong', 'but who knows', 'or should be spot on but in tbe past hasn't been' (i'm paraphrasing), just to negate the tsunami of subsequent questions on here.

It would drive me loopy.

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Cheers Neil.

Bloody hell, it must get thoroughly wearing having to qualify every iota of info. you've had and post with 'but it may be wrong', 'but who knows', 'or should be spot on but in tbe past hasn't been' (i'm paraphrasing), just to negate the tsunami of subsequent questions on here.

It would drive me loopy.

I think I do a pretty good job of putting what I hear thru a "don't believe it just because someone said it" filter, but it's far more difficult to do when there's wildly conflicting versions that seem unlikely to all be true.

The bigger difficulty here is that it's not impossible that they're all true, because while they say something different to each other it's possible for them to still fit around each other.

The only things I'm pretty happy to bank on right now is that Coldplay will headline and Muse will play - but I can't even say those with certainty. I end up filling in the last bit with a guess.

8 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Cheers Neil.

It would drive me loopy.

Yeah, it's appreciated that you reply to us, especially when half the time you get challenged by people who don't have any sources.

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, it's appreciated that you reply to us, especially when half the time you get challenged by people who don't have any sources.

And having to deal with us Radiohead obsessives.

Back on topic:

I can't get my head around - from any angle - Muse playing...but *perhaps* not headlining.

15 minutes ago, Woffy said:

And having to deal with us Radiohead obsessives.

Back on topic:

I can't get my head around - from any angle - Muse playing...but *perhaps* not headlining.

Muse were penciled in

Thom phones saying we want to headline and not do another secret set

Em rings Matt asking if they want to do secret set to open other stage, he's like why not, leaving Radiohead to headline. Simple as that...