Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

Feasibly there's not anywhere they could be playing apart from the headline slot is there? The fest have stopped doing secret sets at the Park, there are few other stages of a comparable size and the Other openers haven't been anything on the level of Radiohead and if it was going to happen on the Pyramid surely they'd just headline instead of do some midday set where they couldn't use any of their tour show tech?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, knivesout said:

Feasibly there's not anywhere they could be playing apart from the headline slot is there? The fest have stopped doing secret sets at the Park, there are few other stages of a comparable size and the Other openers haven't been anything on the level of Radiohead and if it was going to happen on the Pyramid surely they'd just headline instead of do some midday set where they couldn't use any of their tour show tech?

Got to be night time headliner on Pyramid surely?

My prediction: Adele plays first and ends her set with Chasing Pavements, laying down as Thom and co walk on and start Just.*

* May not happen

Edited by Room to sway

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Neil's info didn't specify whether they'd definitely be a headliner (have done secret sets in the past) so i guess he just didn't want to throw them on to the Pyramid just yet, although imo that's the only place they'll be playing 

Opening the festival perhaps?? Only way I see it is Radiohead-Adele- Coldplay. Unless Adele has backed out and then muse-Radiohead-Coldplay?? i just can't imagine that sort of line up

3 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

Opening the festival perhaps?? Only way I see it is Radiohead-Adele- Coldplay. Unless Adele has backed out and then muse-Radiohead-Coldplay?? i just can't imagine that sort of line up

they're a considerably bigger and very different type of band than the Other openers we've had in the past (assuming that's what you meant by opening the festival) so i just can't see that happening, although agree that Radiohead, Muse and Coldplay seems rather unlikely/a bit beige. i don't think Muse will be headlining/playing

Edited by FloorFiller

Considering how strongly hush hush the Libs set was last year, is it not feasible that they could try and do this again? I know circumstances were drastically different and i am firmly in the "If they play its pyrmaid headliner" camp, but is it not a possibility this could happen again?

Edited by T-Mouse

3 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Considering how strongly hush hush the Libs set was this year, is it not feasible that they could try and do this again? I know circumstances were drastically different and i am firmly in the "If they play its pyrmaid headliner" camp, but is it not a possibility this could happen again?

True, I just wonder whether they'd really see it as worth it? I mean, why not just do the top slot 2 hours later? From what we've heard, one of Thom's main problems with the idea of headlining again has been the Pyramid itself as a stage and its soundsystem, so surely if they had decided to make the return to it, they might as well just do it properly?

3 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Considering how strongly hush hush the Libs set was this year, is it not feasible that they could try and do this again? I know circumstances were drastically different and i am firmly in the "If they play its pyrmaid headliner" camp, but is it not a possibility this could happen again?

if anybody's gonna be doing a secret set out of the current rumours then i'd wager it'd be Muse, the band doing no festivals and with a year old album out who last played in 2010 who Neil's had info on as possibly not headlining, over Radiohead, a band touring loads of festivals and with a new album on the way who last played in 2003. of course i doubt there'll be any kind of set, but if there was that's how i'd see it going down

Relevant information: at Secret Solstice in Iceland, despite it being a 13,000 capacity festival they're having to move Radioheads gig into an 11,000 capacity arena as they don't want to play while it's so light outside. 

If they're going to such lengths in Iceland they probably won't be too keen on playing in the light at Glasto! 

5 minutes ago, knivesout said:

True, I just wonder whether they'd really see it as worth it? I mean, why not just do the top slot 2 hours later? From what we've heard, one of Thom's main problems with the idea of headlining again has been the Pyramid itself as a stage and its soundsystem, so surely if they had decided to make the return to it, they might as well just do it properly?

I agree to an extent. Whether or not Thom really has that much disdain for the Pyramid is how much faith you put in unconfirmed off the cuff comments allegedly made in a cafe in oxford. But i agree, would be bizarre if they were billed as special guests which makes me think that it may be Muse due to recent info suggesting Muse are playing but not headlining.

Its all speculative but if Muse were as desperate to play as theyd have you believe, then i think theyd be more than content taking a highly billed secret slot. More so than the big R

Edited by T-Mouse

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Because the geezer specifically said he didn't know if they were headlining or not, which does open up the possibility of a different stage to Pyramid.

And I have stuff which indicates other people headlining (tho that I might be wrong or things have changed), while nothing to indictae Radiohead headlining.

https://youtu.be/vOa--Dhu11M

6 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Relevant information: at Secret Solstice in Iceland, despite it being a 13,000 capacity festival they're having to move Radioheads gig into an 11,000 capacity arena as they don't want to play while it's so light outside. 

If they're going to such lengths in Iceland they probably won't be too keen on playing in the light at Glasto! 

Yep. There's barely 2 to 3 hours of proper night time in Iceland in June.