Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

"Because we separate like ripples on a blank shore"

Romantic ;)

I asked them afterwards what made them choose that song. They said they were watching Radiohead at Leeds in about 2009, early in their courtship. During the set he said to her "if they play Reckoner next we'll be married one day", and so it came to pass.

Edited by Hugh Jass

4 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Start from the beginning and work through them,, that's what made them great, their development and evolution from the breakthrough in the 90s and the likes of Creep through to the behemoth that is OK Computer, through to the recent and more innovative and revolutionary music, music that changes the mainstream and tries to push it in another direction. Its quite a journey. Musical innovative, continually evolving, and they still are.... Much like Bowie

I agree with the Bowie comparison, I think their development from The Bends to Kid A is similar to Bowie going from Ziggy Stardust to Low but I'm not sure how innovative it was considering they were inspired by artists like Aphex Twin and DJ Shadow who were already doing similar stuff at the time. 

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

In no particular order and subject to change:

Idiotech (especially the live version they released)

Reckoner

Fake Plastic Trees (never liked it that much until I came up on a pill once during them playing it, has stuck with me ever since)

No Surprises

Videotape

First pill I ever had, I went to shitstorm that is the Printworks in manchester. The first tune I remember bouncing my tits off to, was 9-5 Dolly parton... So I had to drop a pill 20 mins before Dolly's set.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I asked them afterwards what made them choose that song. They said they were watching Radiohead at Leeds in about 2009, early in their courtship. During the set he said to her "if they play Reckoner next we'll be married one day", and so it came to pass.

Aww, that is romantic. :)

Thing is about Radiohead (more than any other band I'm in to) is that tastes evolve over time. My favourite songs / albulms even a few years ago isn't the same as it now. Every time you listen to them again you discover a song that was never previously a favourite, i.e. Lurgee on Pablo.

15 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is that an unappreciated gems list, or your actual top 5?

Actual top 5. Radiohead are one of my favourite bands but I think I overdosed on them and so I get the most out of the less played songs....but not pop is dead :) 

Some radiohead bsides are amazing, polyethylene, killer cars, banana co, love em.

2 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Actual top 5. Radiohead are one of my favourite bands but I think I overdosed on them and so I get the most out of the less played songs....but not pop is dead :) 

Some radiohead bsides are amazing, polyethylene, killer cars, banana co, love em.

Killer Cars (mogadon Version) is fantastic...

The ten I picked for my iPod playlist (50 top tens) was:

Lurgee

Fake Plastic Trees

Let Down

Idioteque

I Might Be Wrong

Wolf at the door 

Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Reckoner 

Weird Fishes / Arpeggi

Lotus Flower
Not my top ten as tried to get every albulm (bishops robes in there) but not bad.

On 31/01/2016 at 0:06 AM, glimmers_of_hope said:

4.cuttooth

Wow. Id never heard this before you posted. It would have been completely bizarre showing up on Amnesiac but it ent half bad. 

It sounds like how I imagine Coldplay sound in Chris Martins head.

Edited by T-Mouse