Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

12 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

Just had marathon red wine and Radiohead session. Truly fantastic band. The Bends easily peak of their powers, perfect album.

pS don't want disagreeing with ok

They are like, my two favourite things. You just lived the dream man... THE DREAM.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Let Down and The Bends are the two greatest songs of all time.

Its the bit in Let Down where the whole song kinda comes apart and coaleses again. 

The Bends is not even the best song on The Bends.

Edited by Woffy

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Let Down and The Bends are the two greatest songs of all time.

OK Computer isn't my favourite Radiohead album, but in the right frame of mind Let Down isn't only my favourite Radiohead song, it's my favourite of all the songs.

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Its the bit in Let Down where the whole song kinda comes apart and coaleses again. 

The Bends is not even the best song on The Bends.

Yes, that's the bit. The part with the two Thoms.

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

1. Let Down us indeed a small miracle of a tune, cropping up unexpectedly towards the end of side A, where a lot of bands tend to bring out their dead.

2. Toots' s version maybe inches out the original, mind.

1. I like that some of us in here still view / buy / play / rate LPs and their coherence and relative merit in terms of 'sides'. This makes me happy.

2. Is that that reggae covers album thing wot got done (with a clever name)? If so, I might try it.

Also, tonight I'm ordering CDs of classic albums converted into 'baby music' for Woffling#5. There's Radiohead ones.

Edited by Woffy

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

Upvoted and acknowledged.

Even the most po-faced give-me-challenging-music amongst us will drop in a Bends reference from time to time.

I have more sympathy with the statement "The Bends is entry level" than any actual human should, but there are some fantastic things on it. The opening of Planet Telex is so visual sounding. I have no way of expressing it, but it makes me feel like I'm seeing it, an effect I rarely get so strongly. Not anything in the real world that I could describe, but visual nevertheless.

There are far more interesting things going on in their later work, but The Bends is simply a really, really good album, even if I don't listen to it very often.

Pablo Honey can fuck right off though.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Even the most po-faced give-me-challenging-music amongst us will drop in a Bends reference from time to time.

I have more sympathy with the statement "The Bends is entry level" than any actual human should, but there are some fantastic things on it. The opening of Planet Telex is so visual sounding. I have no way of expressing it, but it makes me feel like I'm seeing it, an effect I rarely get so strongly. Not anything in the real world that I could describe, but visual nevertheless.

There are far more interesting things going on in their later work, but The Bends is simply a really, really good album, even if I don't listen to it very often.

Pablo Honey can fuck right off though.

Don't diss Lurgee.

• 1 month later...

The CoS_Alex guy on Reddit that has recently assured stuff about the LCD reunion and SWISH coming out in February said earlier that Radiohead would be doing shows in America this summer. Guessing that seeing as COS know, it would be a festival or two like Lollapalooza or something. Assuming that'll be where the tour starts, it could be good for UK Radiohead shows in autumn/winter, unless they leave it for the back end of the tour again.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The CoS_Alex guy on Reddit that has recently assured stuff about the LCD reunion and SWISH coming out in February said earlier that Radiohead would be doing shows in America this summer. Guessing that seeing as COS know, it would be a festival or two like Lollapalooza or something. Assuming that'll be where the tour starts, it could be good for UK Radiohead shows in autumn/winter, unless they leave it for the back end of the tour again.

absolute motherfuckers if they're going to America first. fingers crossed them possibly doing big festivals over there means they're willing to come back to Glastonbury. 14 years (by next year) is too fucking long

Just now, FloorFiller said:

absolute motherfuckers if they're going to America first. fingers crossed them possibly doing big festivals over there means they're willing to come back to Glastonbury. 14 years (by next year) is too fucking long

Their tours usually start in America save for a few UK promotional thingies.

You probably already know my thoughts on them headlining Glastonbury again :P but yes I think that they'll probably start the ball rolling the second half of this year and be at a bunch of European festivals next year, perhaps with a UK festival in there too.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I bet they won't headline, but one of the members'll be involved in this year's glastonbury in some way or another. Maybe like a DJ set or secret set or whatever. It's gotta happen

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Radiohead putting tour plans together right now, just in time for Adele to change her mind and open up a slot in the Glastonbury line up. It's perfect, I'm telling you.

I hope you're right ... I don't understand why so many people want to see Adele...

Edited by Fabrizzo