Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a whirlwind of emotions reading through this thread just now.

Sounds like the album could well be done by June anyway. And we know from history that Radiohead waste no time getting it out there with little notice. Just hope they have booked a date at the Pyramid.

What a whirlwind of emotions reading through this thread just now.

Sounds like the album could well be done by June anyway. And we know from history that Radiohead waste no time getting it out there with little notice. Just hope they have booked a date at the Pyramid.

Exactly this. I'm holding on to the fact that Thom only said the album wasn't done, not that they weren't touring.

what thread was that meant to go in? that sounds like a debate i want to join (to point out they started late 90s so preceded such landfill by a long time)

Before listening to either band I used to get Radiohead and Stereophonics mixed up what with stereo and radio being very similar. I used to do the same with My Bloody Valentine and Bullet for my Valentine as well, I always wondered why people used to rave over a shitty metalcore band

I lie, I've heard Creep, and somebody played me some of In Rainbows. Was alright.

LAWN, are you frickin' yanking our chains?

Now, I'm not an indie bedwetter - I'm far too old for that, and too used to having to get up to wee 1-3 times per night. And I don't live for every breath that Thom utters, nor every strange pedal effect that Jonny invents. But, like Ben Kingsley, when Radiohead are good, they're very, very good. Have another go at In Rainbows - just the opening 4-5 tracks are staggering.

I truly believe that thet are one of a very small number of bands to have existed for this long and still retain pretty much complete artistic integrity, and be capable of continuing to produce properly excellent stuff. For almost any other band I can think of, the bubble burst long ago in comparison.

#teamradioheadHG2016

Ben

LAWN, are you frickin' yanking our chains?

Now, I'm not an indie bedwetter - I'm far too old for that, and too used to having to get up to wee 1-3 times per night. And I don't live for every breath that Thom utters, nor every strange pedal effect that Jonny invents. But, like Ben Kingsley, when Radiohead are good, they're very, very good. Have another go at In Rainbows - just the opening 4-5 tracks are staggering.

I truly believe that thet are one of a very small number of bands to have existed for this long and still retain pretty much complete artistic integrity, and be capable of continuing to produce properly excellent stuff. For almost any other band I can think of, the bubble burst long ago in comparison.

#teamradioheadHG2016

Ben

Ed uses more pedals that Jonny. Always having his thunder stolen by the darned lead guitarist.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

Just had marathon red wine and Radiohead session. Truly fantastic band. The Bends easily peak of their powers, perfect album.

pS don't want disagreeing with ok

Jeez man, don't you know the Radiohead fan rules? 

You're not allowed to say that OK computer or The Bends is your favourite album.

oh, and don't you dare say you like Creep.

Delete your post before the Radiohead forum gets to see it, ha ha.