Electric Picnic 2016

pothead pixie

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

A bit of an impossible question but if Radiohead are announced; how quickly would this be likely to sell out? I wouldn't mind a week to get shit together.

Hard tell really, apparently half the tickets have already gone on early bird which leaves about 20k left. It usually takes a few weeks to sell out but obviously if there's a big draw on the initial announcement that could change.

They usually offer an instalment plan though if you're a bit short of readies.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Shanndy said:

Hard tell really, apparently half the tickets have already gone on early bird which leaves about 20k left. It usually takes a few weeks to sell out but obviously if there's a big draw on the initial announcement that could change.

They usually offer an instalment plan though if you're a bit short of readies.

Cheers. Only 20k left seems kinda nightmareish so I don't reckon a week will be enough if it's as strong as the rumours suggest. I should be fine to pay it before then but it's just getting everyone on board and sorting holidays and stuff, really. I'll just ride it out and see how it goes. B)

52 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Solid start. How many headliners were there last year? 6?

I'm guessing New Order will headline Friday, LCD followed by Chemical Brothers on Saturday and Sunday headliner still to be announced, can't see Lana Del Rey headlining. Then there's the Electric Arena headliners to come, although LCD headlined there in 2010 and not main stage so who knows?

4 hours ago, Shanndy said:

I'm guessing New Order will headline Friday, LCD followed by Chemical Brothers on Saturday and Sunday headliner still to be announced, can't see Lana Del Rey headlining. Then there's the Electric Arena headliners to come, although LCD headlined there in 2010 and not main stage so who knows?

Based on last year I would've thought the Friday and Sunday headliners are between LCD, New Order and Chemical Brothers with the Saturday headliner yet to be announced but maybe that was a one off. 

Last year tickets sold out around May/June if I recall correctly. This year it may sold out quicker as they announce half of the tickets were already gone before announcing the line-up

Tempted by this one now... strong start to the line up. I went in 2012 and really liked it. Only downside then was none of the bars sold cider, but that looks like it may have changed from the site? Anyone go recently that can clarify? I really hate beer...

Still a chance of Radiohead then? Or has that ship sailed?

On 03/03/2016 at 9:26 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Tempted by this one now... strong start to the line up. I went in 2012 and really liked it. Only downside then was none of the bars sold cider, but that looks like it may have changed from the site? Anyone go recently that can clarify? I really hate beer...

Still a chance of Radiohead then? Or has that ship sailed?

Zoo Music Girl that was sorted last year Heineken launched a cider called Orchard Thieves and there was an Orchard Thieves bar there, so there will be cider. :D 

Well someone had to say this, Happy St Patrick's Day to everyone, drinking green gloopy absinthe and pints of Guinness, playing a gig in Monroes Tavern in Galway tonight with my group the Living Stream and hoping to land a gig in one of the smaller stages in the periphery of the Picnic.

Click a like for the Facebook page if you get a chance.

https://www.facebook.com/thelivingstream/?fref=ts

Edited by pothead pixie