Snowbombing 2016

RossTC

We stayed in one of the outer apartments, the hotels and apartments in the central are quite a bit steeper, it really wasn't too much of a hassle, there's a train line down the hill from the outer apartments that takes you straight in to the town, and taxis are easy to get and not overly expensive 

There's music on Monday-Friday, the acts are pretty well spread over the week, the forest stage where the main headliners will play was Wed-Thu-Fri last year, it's a great little location just out towards the outback

You can walk everywhere in the town and the main lift up to the slopes in right bang in the middle of the town, it's really convient, there's also lifts up to slightly different parts of slopes from smaller villages just outside Mayerhofen, but once your up there you can get on to all the main runs anyway

We stayed in one of the outer apartments, the hotels and apartments in the central are quite a bit steeper, it really wasn't too much of a hassle, there's a train line down the hill from the outer apartments that takes you straight in to the town, and taxis are easy to get and not overly expensive 

There's music on Monday-Friday, the acts are pretty well spread over the week, the forest stage where the main headliners will play was Wed-Thu-Fri last year, it's a great little location just out towards the outback

You can walk everywhere in the town and the main lift up to the slopes in right bang in the middle of the town, it's really convient, there's also lifts up to slightly different parts of slopes from smaller villages just outside Mayerhofen, but once your up there you can get on to all the main runs anyway

That's brilliant thanks for all that! I assumed the music was also on Saturday so you've saved us a days hotel costs! 

Any other major do or donts? 

Are you going back this year? Would you go back? Also how much did you spend whilst there for the week?

Nope we headed back to Munich on the Saturday, the bus connections are great if you are going to one of the airports they run from, take you straight to your hotel/apartments 

I would definitely go back, it's not not possible next year, it's quite expensive all in, one you pay to take your boards and that on the plane, though you can hire stuff there, the ski passes aren't the cheapest, it's quite a big resort and last year especially there was a very heavy snowfall on the Sunday into Monday and Monday into Tuesday, which made a massive different it was pretty much perfect conditions 

Its a pretty full on week, there's plenty of misbehaving to be had at night, and the boarding/skiing the next morning really freshens you up, I would get up early and get up to the slopes, it gets really busy up there as the day goes on 

Money wise. There's a big Spar that's sells most of the food you would need for the week if you went to an apartment, there's plenty of small restaurants and places to eat, it's not monstrously expensive, but it's just like any built up resort, think I maybe spent about £500 or so whilst actually over there, maybe more as we stopped off in Amsterdam on the way over

Nope we headed back to Munich on the Saturday, the bus connections are great if you are going to one of the airports they run from, take you straight to your hotel/apartments 

I would definitely go back, it's not not possible next year, it's quite expensive all in, one you pay to take your boards and that on the plane, though you can hire stuff there, the ski passes aren't the cheapest, it's quite a big resort and last year especially there was a very heavy snowfall on the Sunday into Monday and Monday into Tuesday, which made a massive different it was pretty much perfect conditions 

Its a pretty full on week, there's plenty of misbehaving to be had at night, and the boarding/skiing the next morning really freshens you up, I would get up early and get up to the slopes, it gets really busy up there as the day goes on 

Money wise. There's a big Spar that's sells most of the food you would need for the week if you went to an apartment, there's plenty of small restaurants and places to eat, it's not monstrously expensive, but it's just like any built up resort, think I maybe spent about £500 or so whilst actually over there, maybe more as we stopped off in Amsterdam on the way over

Perfect, we will do the same regarding Saturday then.

Spending money wise that seems about right to what i'd expect.

Thanks again for the tips. I'm excited already!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I nearly booked it up to go, but it seems too pricey for me. I dont want to sacrifice too much boarding time because of festivalling. I ended up booking up Snowboxx in France instead in March. Its also on at the same time as Rock The Pistes which looks good. Reckon it will work out about 500 quid cheaper than Snowbombing. and as much as the lineup at bombing looks epic, its not worth that much extra too me.

I still like the look of snowbombing, but it seems like they try and rip you off at every corner. Pay extra for vip upgrades, pay extra to go to the arctic disco, pay extra to drive your own car there. Boxx seems a lot more inclusive, there may not be as much going on, but then I also want to get good time on the snow (nothing like mountain air to fight off a hangover), plus the flight options seem to work out a lot better (for me anyway)

On 11/20/2015, 4:59:44, Staff_Sav said:

I nearly booked it up to go, but it seems too pricey for me. I dont want to sacrifice too much boarding time because of festivalling. I ended up booking up Snowboxx in France instead in March. Its also on at the same time as Rock The Pistes which looks good. Reckon it will work out about 500 quid cheaper than Snowbombing. and as much as the lineup at bombing looks epic, its not worth that much extra too me.

I still like the look of snowbombing, but it seems like they try and rip you off at every corner. Pay extra for vip upgrades, pay extra to go to the arctic disco, pay extra to drive your own car there. Boxx seems a lot more inclusive, there may not be as much going on, but then I also want to get good time on the snow (nothing like mountain air to fight off a hangover), plus the flight options seem to work out a lot better (for me anyway)

Yeah its not cheap but lineup wise its head and shoulders above everything else so decided it was worth the money as a one off. Also never skiied Austria so excited for that, however as you say how much time on piste i get we'll see! 

enjoy snowboxx though, Avoraz where they hold that is a good ski area.

10 hours ago, RossTC said:

Yeah its not cheap but lineup wise its head and shoulders above everything else so decided it was worth the money as a one off. Also never skiied Austria so excited for that, however as you say how much time on piste i get we'll see! 

enjoy snowboxx though, Avoraz where they hold that is a good ski area.

Snowboxx is working out about the same price as a normal ski holiday, but with the festival thrown in on top. But I agree that Bombing line up is far far better than any equivalent, especially this year. Maybe after Snowboxx I'll find a way to get myself up the the Hof and do Bombing as well

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...