Oooh it's all new

Michaels denim shorts

19 hours ago, bamber said:

Youtube video paste broken? Just me? Like having my hand cut off.

Emotions broken? Just me?

(Fedora, Firefox 42.0)

How am supposed to rack up here drunk, and express myself any-more?

For emoticons, try putting a space or return after them.

For embedding YouTubes, you now need to use the page URL and not the 'share' link - and also requires a space or return after it - but you also need to check that embedding isn't disallowed (which it will say is the case [if it is] under the 'embed' tab within the 'share' bit).

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've found that you need to wait a second or two for the YouTube video to appear after hitting enter, but before submitting the post.  If you submit too quickly then you just get the link.

This contrasts to the previous forum software, where the video would not appear until after you hit submit.

Yeah, thats been my experience to. Its a bit odd, but it kind of makes sense with how it seems to deal with images to if you watch it.

Edited by LondonTom

35 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

Yeah, thats been my experience to. Its a bit odd, but it kind of makes sense with how it seems to deal with images to if you want it.

It makes perfect sense if you think that the old engine did the processing after the submit on the server and the new engine does it before the submit in the browser. Still annoying though.

Err these auto playing adverts in the box on the right hand side of the screen below the dividing line that says "Unread Content" and "Mark site read" and then when you rollover it to try and find the X to turn it off it only says "Click to expand" and Jesus if you do that it takes up pretty much the whole screen and it's for Vtech Toot Toot Friends childrens toys.

Yeah they're annoying.

probably been brought up before, but if i quote somebody and then want to delete said quote it gives me a lot of trouble. it gets there in the end, but i have to hammer at the backpack and click on the box a few times to do so

also, how do you now do a spoiler box? i swear they were working for me not long ago, but now nothing appears if i do the old spoiler between two [

On 16/11/2015, 21:35:03, FloorFiller said:

also, how do you now do a spoiler box? i swear they were working for me not long ago, but now nothing appears if i do the old spoiler between two [

The spoiler button is now back on the edit box for those people using big and medium sized screens (but not the smallest, to keep the box uncluttered). However, the BBcode tags still work without need of the buttons.,

For more info, please see here:-
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/207233-edit-box-features-bbcode/#comment-4859232

Edited by eFestivals

56 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The spoiler button is now back on the edit box for those people using big and medium sized screens (but not the smallest, to keep the box uncluttered). However, the BBcode tags still work without need of the buttons.,

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/207233-edit-box-features-bbcode/#comment-4859232

Just checking, am I right that it's no longer possible to drop down into the underlying (BBcode?) markup?

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Where is this spoiler button?

Neil, just starting getting a nasty little pop up on my phone whenever I come onto the site on my phone. Its android and not sure where its coming from. 

Says,

The page at http store.apple com- freetech says Congratulations Vodafone Ireland user

Your experia Z2 device was selected because we need more testers for the iPhone7. 

Press ok to participate and receive an iPhone6 for free. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Neil I've seen people mention having trouble with quotes on here. It seems to happen if you quote but then decide not to reply and delete or just come out. When you next quote someone in that thread, your old quote reappears instead of the one you're trying to do.

It just happened to me and the quote that appeared was from weeks ago. It is then a right faff (well I haven't worked it out) of trial and error deleting, coming out and back in to the thread before it works properly. Dunno if this is fixable or worth the effort bit thought I'd mention it. 

yeah, I'm aware that it does what you say - but as you also say, it's a consequence of what a user does, rather than something that 'just happens'.

It's not something I'd be prepared to change anyway, as its a central part of the (bought-in) forums software. If the software makers decide it needs changing they'll change it - and it's quite possible they might, as the set-up that exists now is a very new implementation that they might want to tweak.

• 2 months later...
On 24/10/2015 at 11:58 AM, Michaels denim shorts said:

Can't say I've ever tried cracking an md5 hash I just remember reading it was possible. I've obtained the list of hashes & salts (from my own websites) when testing vulnerabilities in modules/plugins. You would think a company the size of talktalk would have been all over that years ago, & not keeping all data at least hashed (preferably completely encrypted) is a big no no, especially if you are holding cc details, and all kinds of sensitive stuff 

I've just been looking for some info into another issue, and happened across some info that says md5 is no longer used for account security, and instead they now use blowfish - which has never been cracked according to wiki.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I've just been looking for some info into another issue, and happened across some info that says md5 is no longer used for account security, and instead they now use blowfish - which has never been cracked according to wiki.

Blowfish is an encryption algorithm isn't it? Which technically means it can be reversed if you know the algorithm, as opposed to a hash which is a one way function, meaning you can't derive the original input from the hash string alone. But you can compare to rainbow/lookup tables

I think if I understand it correctly blowfish simply adds salt to a password string instead of keeping them seperately, which would leave bare md5 hashes open for a hacker to using lookup tables to brute force a password. The idea being it makes it several times harder to brute force the same password than an md5 alone, & computing power required to do it costing many times more too

but it's early and I'm not really awake yet