The Cribs 2016

another number

They were superb this year, as always. But as others have said, there's no real need for them to come back so soon. They could probably draw a good sized crowd headlining the JP (against the right set of headliners) but they wouldn't be offered a slot as high as that anymore :(

Edited by TomViolence

This no real need thing....there is always a need for the cribs!! Look at some of the bands that come back year after year then tell me you wouldn't rather see the cribs!

Yeah that was me being opportunistic. But, I'm a realist...they'd be ace in a tent and would probably be 3rd top JPT, 2nd top at a push

Glad you enjoyed it this year, although I can't imagine anyone going to see them and not enjoying it. They were my second top band of the weekend, only hot chip could beat them. Superb set and they should be welcome every year. They were even better at Leeds and they're away to tour. What a lovely set of siblings

I get that you like The Cribs - but I don't think that's the criteria for booking bands sadly. There is no reason whatsoever in the slightest to think they will be back when they've only played three times ever previously and they're not exactly on the way up are they?

Well homer that's not really true. They actually released the new album on a bigger label and have got the most recognition yet from it. That's not what they're about though. They tour relentlessly and will still be doing gigs for this album in May/June next year. It's the way they've always worked. They'll be at festivals next year without a doubt, so hopefully Glasto books them. When they play just go and enjoy it, I know I will

Floor filler in terms of albums I'd place it as their 4th best. I think it's better than ITBOTBB and definitely better than ignore the ignorant but it's not good enough to compete with the first 3. 3rd album being their best to date, superb album

i prefer both of those albums to the new'un tbh. it;'s not a terrible album - just doesn't really add anything new to their catalogue for me

Bet non ov u lads dissin the cribs in ere have the bottle 2 say any ov this 2 my face. i will knock yous all out.

In The Belly Of The Brazen Bull is the most underrated album of our time, peak Cribs, guitar music at its very finest. The new one's a bit disappointing in that it's the first one that doesn't develop their sound at all, it just falls back into comfortable territory of making 3 minute indie pop songs. Even though not one of the tunes feels essential in any way when compared to their back catalogue, they still obviously know how to make good songs. If it had been a debut album I'd be raving about it. I'm seeing them in a couple of weeks for the twentysomethingth time, in all honesty I wasn't going to bother but a mate got me a ticket because watching The Cribs live is what I do. My enthusiasm for the band has waned in recent years, but my respect for them has not. One of the few bands that you can say their heart is always 100% in it, every recording, every show.

They tour relentlessly and will still be doing gigs for this album in May/June next year. It's the way they've always worked. They'll be at festivals next year without a doubt, so hopefully Glasto books them. When they play just go and enjoy it, I know I will

By your own admission it's how they've always worked (which I know), and this approach has never seen them get booked two years in a row. I don't understand why that would change now, especially as they're not a new band on the up any more (the type of band that gets booked two years in a row).

Thanks for the tip - I did four months ago - hence I won't be doing the same next June (because they won't get booked).